TWU negotiators ready to contact NMB

You were in a position to make a difference at your local but you decided to waste that trust that your local had in you. That is a fact. Rationalize it any way you want but that is a fact. You could not fulfill a commitment you made to your local. It is not sane to listen to the ranting of one who cannot complete his obligation to his local much less the ranting of his concept of better union representation for the entire Mechanic and Related group. Communications between the President of the TWU and the negotiating committee is beneficial to all of the members of The TWU. The exchange of ideas can only enhance the productivity of the negotiating committee. If O.V. was at our negotiation maybe we would have a contract right now with 70% of the membership on the street and you, with your measly 1986 seniority, would be relegated to midnights with Tuesday/Friday off.
“Important to Participate This is a collective decision and a very personal one at the same time. However a decision has to be made and it is imperative that each and every member participate in this critical decision particularly during these economic times.” This is the first line first paragraph of the leaflet. Show the persuading lines in any of the paragraph of this leaflet. You have yet to show which one of these facts in the leaflet is a lie.

So after years of negotiated concessions from the twu you crawl out of your hole in August of 2010 to promote this rag of a contract and bash Ken. You amuse me... The insert said nothing about the negative aspects of the T/A but worded it in a way to promote a yes vote. twu democracy at its best the "we know what is best for you mentality".

Crawl back in your hole dude

The membership has spoken! Rejected the TA, replaced many of the negotiators, asked the International to get more involved and realign the committee to be more proactive to the wishes of the members.

A strong Union Brother does not quit when the times get tough.

I put Ken in the same class as Luis and Rogers. These individuals have lost their way in life.

Can you tell me when was the last time a TWU local presented a Constitution change within the TWU to change how elections are held? The few on this board preach about it! But are unwilling to put forth the effort!! It only takes one to present!

It's easy to throw stones from outside!

Look on this board! You see it every day!! These will be the same individuals that will run no matter what Union – Association they belong with!!!!!

In Solidarity,
CIO

The membership has spoken! Rejected the TA, replaced many of the negotiators, asked the International to get more involved and realign the committee to be more proactive to the wishes of the members.

A strong Union Brother does not quit when the times get tough.

I put Ken in the same class as Luis and Rogers. These individuals have lost their way in life.

Can you tell me when was the last time a TWU local presented a Constitution change within the TWU to change how elections are held? The few on this board preach about it! But are unwilling to put forth the effort!! It only takes one to present!

Look on this board! You see it every day!! These will be the same individuals that will run no matter what Union – Association they belong with!!!!!

In Solidarity,
CIO

cio,

"Look on this board! You see it every day!!"

YES! Look at this board.What do you see? I see people who can only hide behind an alias while promoting an UNDEMOCRATIC, UNACCOUNTABLE union that is NOT controlled by the union. These are individuals who profit from the twu. My earlier post to King Ed was not edited by me in time. I meant to ask how are the lifetime A5 passes working for you?

"The membership has spoken!"

YES! They have! WE voted no to this POS t/a peddled by the twu who URGED we vote yes. WE are signing AMP authorization cards in the thousands. You want us to get "more involved"? Okay! Send me my ballot for voting on who I want to be in the international. I'll start there. Till then you remain a liar behind an alias.

"A strong Union Brother does not quit when the times get tough."

LIES! How can you quit something that quits on you first? The twu constitution is not controlled by the membership. When times get tough how can you fight without the proper tools for democratic, accountable unionism?

"I put Ken in the same class as Luis and Rogers. These individuals have lost their way in life."

Wow! Steve Louis was the new golden boy of Tulsa and twu spokesman like all the previous Tulsa presidents have been. Now you throw him under the bus? Priceless. As for Don Rodgers you finally got something right. Don and I both believe in the fundamental principle, as strange as it is to you and your twu alias using breed, in a craft union founded on democracy and accountability. You know, where the membership controlls the union. Those elected by the membership work for the membership. Foreign concept for those who have benefited from the sacrifices of others for years. Why don't you include Bob Owens and Chuck Schalk while you are at it? Both of these men believe in the same thing as I and Don and they also have honor, respect and coincidentally both removed from office by the twu but were reelected by the membership. Oh, they also stand up and identify themselves when speaking out FOR democracy and accountability.

At the end of the day the question still remains... are we better off with a undemocratic, unaccountable union that is NOT controlled by the membership or a democratic, accountable union that IS controlled by the membership?

This post by cio is typical twu attack. Where has he or any other twu tool defended the twu constitution? All they can do is attack people wanting change for the better. This is the wrong union my union dues are going to.

"In Solidarity?" Not if it means from behind an alias!

The mighty twu. Hear them "MEOW"!

GO AMP!

Ken,

True Representation is a different matter. You have to work at it.

In Solidarity,
CIO

Ken,

True Representation is a different matter. You have to work at it.

In Solidarity,
CIO

Does "true representation" include APPOINTED international officials? You know, people who the membership NEVER got a ballot to vote for or against? You know, people who took the same cut in pay and benfits that the membership took in 2003?

Stones? Actually I am throwing "bricks" because that is what the company thinks we are. Besides, remember I was on the "inside" but the view to the top is the same from either direction. It is broken.

Now come and tell us what "true representation" is and try doing it with a straight face. :)

"In Solidarity"? Not if it is from behind an alias.

Thanks for all the AMP cards getting signed. GO AMP!

Does "true representation" include APPOINTED international officials? You know, people who the membership NEVER got a ballot to vote for or against? You know, people who took the same cut in pay and benfits that the membership took in 2003?

Stones? Actually I am throwing "bricks" because that is what the company thinks we are. Besides, remember I was on the "inside" but the view to the top is the same from either direction. It is broken.

Now come and tell us what "true representation" is and try doing it with a straight face. :)

"In Solidarity"? Not if it is from behind an alias.

Thanks for all the AMP cards getting signed. GO AMP!

Hey pardner. I hate to burst your bubble, but with the alias thing. "Nobody cares!" I've come to realize this because I've tossed your name about from time to time to see how much the membership pays attention to those who seem to believe their singular efforts make a difference in their lives. With tossing your name about I usually get a deer in the headlights look and a question of "Who?"
Pardner, You may as well post under an alias because the only one who seems to have any emotional attachment to knowing who you are is YOU...You need to grow up, because the membership is in charge now ;)

Sorry, but you haven't seemed to leave any lasting impression on the membership....

There are a lot of back stabbing rats in this industry at least when i bump into or work with Ken I can say we are on the same page. Its a small world and i would much rather be teamed up with Ken than a guy named High Speed plastic
;) Partner

Again, if the TWU is so "ready to go" then why not pick up the phone and tell AMR you're ready to start talking again?...

Hey pardner. I hate to burst your bubble, but with the alias thing. "Nobody cares!" I've come to realize this because I've tossed your name about from time to time to see how much the membership pays attention to those who seem to believe their singular efforts make a difference in their lives. With tossing your name about I usually get a deer in the headlights look and a question of "Who?"
Pardner, You may as well post under an alias because the only one who seems to have any emotional attachment to knowing who you are is YOU...You need to grow up, because the membership is in charge now ;)

Sorry, but you haven't seemed to leave any lasting impression on the membership....
The "lasting impression" left by lock-step pro twu posters is that they must be a) twu international officers or B) AA management. You are either afraid to think outside the box or just deliberately trying to instill fear in our membership to stand strong and work to get a good contract on the table to sign. You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but with the alias, its hard to believe that you aren't one of the above (a) or (B)

There are a lot of back stabbing rats in this industry at least when i bump into or work with Ken I can say we are on the same page. Its a small world and i would much rather be teamed up with Ken than a guy named High Speed plastic
;) Partner

I don't see the flattery in abandonment TFC... :blink:

I don't believe its that simple. We have no choice but to include Jack Kane from the NMB.
I agree with "e" on this one. If the committee is "ready to go". Then there is no reason AA/TWU can not sit down and negotiate. Boy that was hard to type with a straight face..."negotiate" lmao

Latest posts

Back