TWU one line local for maint.

I'm far from a bottom feeder friend, just don't let the door hit you in the a-- on the way out. You and mighty mouse make a real pair - enjoy your honeymoon.

True, in Tulsa you aren't a bottom feeder. It's a pretty good living wage.

But that's gonna change!!!

Reactions: 1 person
For someone who has 40 yrs as an AA mechanic it sounds like you are the one that doesn't "get it"..But no matter if you want to keep going on the way you have been for years and years of sucking hind teat just keep the status quo and keep embracing your Twu. Just speaks volumes to me. Seems the best option for AMT's really is to be non-union. Too many people like you satisfied with being a bottom feeder and afraid to take any kind of chance to better yourself. Thanks for doing your part to keep the bar so low that no one can limbo under it.

Don could not limbo under a goal post! He is too well fed on a 160K a year , unlimited expense account and all those A5 first class meals sitting with management cutting deals and screwing his members!! Vandalooser looks 9 months pregnant too!! He always swallows so how did that happen!? Oh no! Krystal ball II !! That's is gonna be one ugly kid! Probably look like a drunken Galespie!

Reactions: 2 people
Well, well, well the new bylaws for the one size fits all local 591 have been written.
The TWU again is showing that they want full control on all the decision making.
Little input from the members. Time to send the TWU packing boys.
My union dues went up and we lost all local representation for the line stations.
Time to move on.......

Don could not limbo under a goal post! He is too well fed on a 160K a year , unlimited expense account and all those A5 first class meals sitting with management cutting deals and screwing his members!! Vandalooser looks 9 months pregnant too!! He always swallows so how did that happen!? Oh no! Krystal ball II !! That's is gonna be one ugly kid! Probably look like a drunken Galespie!

This is what happens when a person can not compete in a debate. Rather than address a persons position, you attempt to demean the person. At least be man enough to tell him this in person rather than cowering behind a anonymous board.

Please don't reduce this board or our profession any lower.

If I wanted to know what they thought I could ask right here and get the same result from forum members from the other carriers and Unions. I am asking everyone that is currently TWU at AA that doesn't understand why the International would go after an Elected Officer on the TWU's dime for promoting another Union. I have tried to explain to you that I am not referencing the membership that wants another Union but, evidently you are missing that part.

According to the AMFA constitution, a member could be disciplined for supporting another union. Whether in office or not.

The term “discipline” as used in this article shall include, but not be limited to, fines, suspension, or expulsion from
membership, placing a member in bad standing (with consequent loss of the right to participate in union activities).

7. Acting in any manner to circumvent, defeat, or interfere with the collective bargaining between the Association and an employer with existing collective bargaining agreements

8. Acting in any manner that is against or derogatory to the best interests of the Association

Just one of the many reasons that could get you expelled as an amfa member. Grabbing a drink before a membership meeting or dropping an occasional F bomb during a meeting are two others.

Don,

Tell me why it is wrong for the members to hold the union responsible when the union fails the members?

But holding unelected, unaccountable international officers accountable is only possible by removing the whole union. The twu has failed the membership and also failed those who were elected into office by the members. So everyone has a right to remove the twu.

You talk about AMFA officers openly promoting another union? It seems as if AMFA is listening to the membership, unlike the twu, and hence no need to seek an industrial, catch all, undemocratic, unaccountable union like the twu.

Shirley,

The question was; is it OK for an elected international representative of one union to openly support another.

This is like asking; why can't a married man have an occasional girlfriend? It is called honoring your commitments. Conclude or quit one before entering in to another.

HONOR is the motivating word here. Try it sometime.....

According to the AMFA constitution, a member could be disciplined for supporting another union. Whether in office or not.

The term “discipline” as used in this article shall include, but not be limited to, fines, suspension, or expulsion from
membership, placing a member in bad standing (with consequent loss of the right to participate in union activities).

7. Acting in any manner to circumvent, defeat, or interfere with the collective bargaining between the Association and an employer with existing collective bargaining agreements

8. Acting in any manner that is against or derogatory to the best interests of the Association

Just one of the many reasons that could get you expelled as an amfa member. Grabbing a drink before a membership meeting or dropping an occasional F bomb during a meeting are two others.

Thanks Anomaly, I couldn't get any of the AMFA wanna be's to give a straight answer on that one. They just couldn't believe the TWU would have the audacity to question elected officers that were pushing another Union.

Thanks Anomaly, I couldn't get any of the AMFA wanna be's to give a straight answer on that one. They just couldn't believe the TWU would have the audacity to question elected officers that were pushing another Union.
A/C Tynker

Why wait for someone from the TWU to give you the answers you seek about the constitution of AMFA. Just go to AMFA national web site I am sure that they will send you a copy. Attend one of the AMFA meetings at your station ask questions when they are there. You don't have to listen to any of the wana be's as you put it.
Do your own home work. Most here at AA want the union guys (TWU) to do it all. Now we have the AMFA guys here at AA doing the job that the TWU guys failed too, by informing you and every one else what has gone on behind the closed doors.

Get involved your self.........

Oh thats right you just want to sit on the fence and point fingers and judge the AMFA suporters.

The Vote to remove the TWU will be soon, then your going to have to support AMFA since you say "you support the UNION in place". Going to be tough to eat crow then won't it?

Reactions: 3 people
A/C Tynker

Why wait for someone from the TWU to give you the answers you seek about the constitution of AMFA. Just go to AMFA national web site I am sure that they will send you a copy. Attend one of the AMFA meetings at your station ask questions when they are there. You don't have to listen to any of the wana be's as you put it.
Do your own home work. Most here at AA want the union guys (TWU) to do it all. Now we have the AMFA guys here at AA doing the job that the TWU guys failed too, by informing you and every one else what has gone on behind the closed doors.

Get involved your self.........

Oh thats right you just want to sit on the fence and point fingers and judge the AMFA suporters.

The Vote to remove the TWU will be soon, then your going to have to support AMFA since you say "you support the UNION in place". Going to be tough to eat crow then won't it?

Anomaly was answering part of my last post to You that You failed to answer on my second attempt to clarify to You what I was asking before you get all smug and full of obvious answers. No worries though it has become expected from all you wannabes to contort my question or just plain skip answering it all together.

If AMFA does get enough support and then does get voted in then I would support them. I'm not sure what Crow you think I would have to eat but I don't have a problem admitting when I am wrong.

Anomaly was answering part of my last post to You that You failed to answer on my second attempt to clarify to You what I was asking before you get all smug and full of obvious answers. No worries though it has become expected from all you wannabes to contort my question or just plain skip answering it all together.

If AMFA does get enough support and then does get voted in then I would support them. I'm not sure what Crow you think I would have to eat but I don't have a problem admitting when I am wrong.

Well not to personally attack you but supporting the TWU is Wrong. The TWU only supports its own agenda. The membership has been taken for granted way too long.
Let us move on to Right ourselves from this wrong since 1946.

Shirley,

The question was; is it OK for an elected international representative of one union to openly support another.

This is like asking; why can't a married man have an occasional girlfriend? It is called honoring your commitments. Conclude or quit one before entering in to another.

HONOR is the motivating word here. Try it sometime.....

Honor from a person hiding behind an alias?

What about the twu openly supporting the teamsters when they tried removing AMFA at UAL?

So an elected official, which leaves out Don V., Bobby "Lower your expectations" Gless, Gary Drummond, etc., can not point out what is wrong with the twu?

Honor from a person hiding behind an alias?

What about the twu openly supporting the teamsters when they tried removing AMFA at UAL?

So an elected official, which leaves out Don V., Bobby "Lower your expectations" Gless, Gary Drummond, etc., can not point out what is wrong with the twu?

Wanda,

It was a simple question to you, but I will try again.

In your opinion, is it OK for an acting elected international representative of one union to openly support another?

In MY opinion, I could not trust a person who would do that. It shows no honor to the group, but a cowardice among the individual. If you no longer agree with the group you are elected to serve, have the huevos to step down first before bashing the people who elected you and supporting the other side.

Wanda,

It was a simple question to you, but I will try again.

In your opinion, is it OK for an acting elected international representative of one union to openly support another?

In MY opinion, I could not trust a person who would do that. It shows no honor to the group, but a cowardice among the individual. If you no longer agree with the group you are elected to serve, have the huevos to step down first before bashing the people who elected you and supporting the other side.

I will answer your question, even if it wasn't directed to me. Hell yes I would condone an elected acting international representative supporting another. We had this happen here at SWA, which is exactly why the teamsters were fired. When the existing union (teamsters at the time) are doing all kinds of questionable representation as well as back door deals, lieing, steeling, and cheating the members is more than enough for a good union man or leader to support another union that has better morals and representation to better represent the members for the betterment of each and every member. You damn right I would say that is OK.
As a matter of fact, this shows the best HONOR to the group as possible. It shows that he is willng to go against the existing union for the betterment of the membership, which is what the freakin union is suppose to do. WOW. Your question speaks volumes on where you stand. In other words; would you support your union if they were not looking out for the betterment of the membership? Just because they are your representational union? How freakin pathetic. You really are a true teamster and you can have them. Nuff said...

I will answer your question, even if it wasn't directed to me. Hell yes I would condone an elected acting international representative supporting another. We had this happen here at SWA, which is exactly why the teamsters were fired. When the existing union (teamsters at the time) are doing all kinds of questionable representation as well as back door deals, lieing, steeling, and cheating the members is more than enough for a good union man or leader to support another union that has better morals and representation to better represent the members for the betterment of each and every member. You damn right I would say that is OK.
As a matter of fact, this shows the best HONOR to the group as possible. It shows that he is willng to go against the existing union for the betterment of the membership, which is what the freakin union is suppose to do. WOW. Your question speaks volumes on where you stand. In other words; would you support your union if they were not looking out for the betterment of the membership? Just because they are your representational union? How freakin pathetic. You really are a true teamster and you can have them. Nuff said...

Evidently you also missed the point of the question. The point of the question was an Elected officer for AMFA pushing for another Union while on the AMFA salary, nothing to do with Teamsters or any experiences you had with them.