Twu Press Release

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
202.842.3100 or 202.253.7298

March 12,2004

TWU SAYS AMFA WILL BE SENT PACKING

HURST, TX – The Transport Workers Union (TWU) announced today that if the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) has filed enough cards to get an election, our members will vote to send AMFA packing.

AMFA – a Laconia, New Hampshire-based group formed nearly 40 years ago for the express purpose of raiding AFL-CIO unions in the airline industry – filed cards today in the culmination of a yearlong smear campaign against the TWU at American Airlines.

“The majority of AMFA’s cards were signed last spring during a time when our members were angry over sacrifices they made to keep this company out of bankruptcy and save 12,000 jobs,†said Jim Little, director of the TWU Air Transport Division. “Now, our members tell us that they realize they would have lost their jobs if AMFA had succeeded in plunging American Airlines into bankruptcy. In large numbers, these members are now telling us that they wish they could take back the cards they signed.â€

AMFA launched its raid last spring when American was threatening bankruptcy and the TWU was negotiating a restructuring agreement that ultimately saved 12,000 jobs. AMFA was pushing workers at American to reject the restructuring agreement – just as they did at United Airlines, a move that ultimately forced the company to declare bankruptcy. As a result, more than 6,000 workers lost their jobs at the hand of a bankruptcy judge.

“The TWU’s track record is clear – our first priority is saving jobs. AMFA, on the other hand, believes in sacrificing the interests of many for the benefit of a few. Our members understand that is not what unionism is about,†Little said. “The TWU will prevail in any election and we will continue to fight on behalf of our members. Over the past year, we were able to keep the three overhaul maintenance bases open and just yesterday we announced a major victory in restricting overseas outsourcing, thus securing work at our line stations. We are also preparing for a wage re-opener in two years that gives us the opportunity to win back our wages and benefits. In the end, these are the reasons why our members are rejecting AMFA.â€

In Solidarity,

Together, the truth will prevail!

THE TWU SPIN NEVER ENDS, BUT ITS ABOUT TO ONCE AND FOR ALL!.................A.M.F.A. "9" AIRLINES-----------TWU "0" :up:

If your going to lie at least show some kind of credibility, visit www.twuatd.org to see, we the TWU represents more members in the Aviation Industry by far than Amfa can only dream of!

You have to admit this press release brings up some valid points.

Gloves are off. . .

Just curious. . .
Has amfa put out a press release explaining why they only have about half of their NWA members from what they had a year or so ago??

Amfa has made it clear the want to separate from those in their own craft and class. Any press relase explaining this??

HMMMMM?????

Checking it Out said:
If your going to lie at least show some kind of credibility, visit www.twuatd.org to see, we the TWU represents more members in the Aviation Industry by far than Amfa can only dream of!
CIO THATS ABOUT TO COME TO AN END!........AMFA "9"------TWU"0" :blink:

Checking it Out said:
Not for long. AMFA and the AGW!

By the way mechanics dont care if they are in the biggest union, which by the way the TWU is not, but they want a union thats specially taylored to ther needs and goals as mechanics. No other union represents more mechanics than AMFA.

You AMFA boyzzzz haven't seen anything yet...! There is a "Boogie Man" in the closet, and he's got your number....!

Peanut butter jelly, Peanut butter jelly, and the "Boogie Man" in the closet....!

------------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO.....!

HSS ITS MORE LIKE TWU HOTDOGS' TWU HOTDOGS, TWU HOTDOGS AND A COFFIN........AND YOUR UNION IS ABOUT TO BE LAID TO REST!

:up:

CIO quote, "HURST, TX – The Transport Workers Union (TWU) announced today that if the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) has filed enough cards to get an election, our members will vote to send AMFA packing"

The first time I read your press release I thought this may have been a typo but then thought back to all the lies and misrepresentations you've made in the past.. *NEWSLASH* AMFA would not have filed without the cards required, I know you've been confused about this before.. Stay tuned more info will be made available.. Keep clicking your heels together and saying " There's no place like home"

Your postings here have provided us with hours of comic relief. One question for you --> Are you related to Bagdad Bob ?? you know the guy that continued to claim U.S. forces were nowhere near, while in fact the explosions could be heard in the background..

You will be remembered for going down with the ship as the band played on, but the only thing that discredits your perfect record is your cowardice concerning your true identity..

I told you once before I'll respect the will of the majority putting aside my personal beliefs.. I wonder if a man that refuses to identify himself and claims to represent us can even be trusted no matter the outcome..

Will you respect the will of the membership after a democratic vote is taken??
Will you continue to represent the membership if the AMFA wins??

A answer of "NO" to either one of these questions may reveal you harbor personal motives unrelated to helping the membership, actually you've shown your true colors here more than once..

Please keep the TWU L.I.F.T. program intact as it is along with your phony baloney plastic banana video that went over like a fart in Church.. Our union steward was too embarassed to show it on dayshift, wanna know why???

Your a real stand up guy whoever you are.. I predict you'll just fade into the woodwork with a case of extreme bitterness.. Keep your chin up Dorothy management may have a position for you..

:up: Jim Anderson 4D :up:

Notice they have to use the afl-cio for a contact, apparently they now know what we have known all along, there is no one competent at the twu.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
202.842.3100 or 202.253.7298

Wow,

First CIO claims we will "lose cards" for various reasons and be denied an election.

Then he returns to post up a press release about the TWU winning an election because members were apparently not thinking clearly. What did the members not understand CIO? That the CEO and others were lining their own pockets with $45 Million? Was it the statement by Jim Little that a re-vote was the only way to obtain a legitimate ratification? Was it the 3200 members did not even get to vote claim? Or was it the lawsuit decision that makes them understand the TWU can amend and change the labor agreement without ratification? Or maybe it was the huge rat outside TWU Int'l Headquarters when they finally challenged the line mechanics? I think we understand exactly what is going on here. And I also think the lies and the lack of crediblity are easy to beat.

Stop and think about this. If their members are telling them in "large numbers" that they wish they had not signed the cards, then why all the fear and mis-communications?

We are going to vote and the choice is clear.

Do you want strength and conviction with AMFA or are you satisifed with cowardice and accomodation of the company union?

TWU Latest Strategy- Somebody go get the AFL-CIO to speak for us now, the PR Firm has been a disaster, the TWU has no credibility left, and the AFL-CIO leadership are experts at producing fear and gloom and doom.

This is nothing more than a death rattle of an old and out dated union philosophy. Samuel Gompers was correct, the skilled craftsmen will eventually figure out how they get shafted in the industrial unions and return to the safety of craft unionism. And to think, we are in control of our choice and will make that become true.

Checking it Out said:
Our members understand that is not what unionism is about,â€￾ Little said.
Jim Little,

Your members understand this contradiction and you have zero crediblity.

Mem2.jpg

AND THEN THIS

562vsTWU.jpg

Little Jim, If this your idea of unionism, I am outta here.