Twu Press Release

Hey Dave, ya really need to ease up on the horse-radish sauce, it's taken over your mind....I am DELETED BY MODERATOR a computer software engineer.

I am also, one of approximately 20 Americans that were ordered by corporate management to train our foreign replacement workers. Our replacement workers are Tata Consulting India employees, holders of congressionally sanctioned H-1b and L-1 work visas.

Siemens brought the Americans into a room and told them that they would be laid off, but first they said: We want you to train your replacements. They held out a carrot for the Americans, stay on and train your replacements then we’ll give you this severance when you leave.

Once Tata employees were on site, they immediately began interviewing us on how to do our jobs.

For the past 19 years I have educated and re-educated myself so I could compete in the ever changing industry of IT. I thought I had done well? Who knew my own government would create replacement programs to put me out of work. I had upgraded my skills from the 80’s COBOL to 4GL, Database design, to the mid 90’s of web development and finally, in the late 90’s, I expanded my skill set to include Enterprise application integration; messaging based technology that enables seamless integration of disparate applications. We were ordered to train our replacements how this new technology works.

As a self-employed contractor; 6 years at Siemens, I was not offered a severance. They just assumed the contractors would go along with the plan. Many ask, why didn’t you just quit? The job market is incredibly bleak. Though, we keep hearing about an economic recovery, working Americans don’t see it. I stayed on because my concern will always be the medical care of our handicapped daughter. I stayed on until I landed a job. I left on my own accord Nov 2002, 20 days before my exit date.

Though my income is much less, I consider myself the lucky American; not so for many of my ex-coworkers. Some spent their 401ks to survive while foreigners live and work in our own backyards. The bottom line is these are highly trained, well-educated Americans that are pushed out of jobs in our own country; all in the quest for cheap labor.

A “Tata†told us they make $3,000 per month. Of that $2,000 is paid as expenses to work in the USA and $1,000 paid in Indian rupees. They get $24,000/year tax free to work in the USA while tax paying Americans go to the unemployment line.

It is my opinion that Tata Consulting has done this so many times they had become complacent, just like a burglar does. They put their entire project documentation on a Siemens shared drive, 500MB/800 documents. They had never run into a “Mike Emmons.†Thinking I was going to help my fellow co-workers I took this information, burned it on a CD and mailed it to my Representative, Senators, DOL Secretary Elaine Chao, BCIS/INS and our DOJ attorney, Anthony Archeval. After the DOJ required 120 days elapsed Anthony wrote me back stating they did not want to pursue the case. He said we had not given them enough evidence. He said “these cases are hard to winâ€. He tried to get us to claim age discrimination. It is not about age, it is discrimination against Americans.

Among those documents are the infamous “Knowledge Transition†documents. That would be documents Tata employees created that describing what Americans trained them. They documented what we were ordered to train them.

This is not about me. It never was. This is about a Congress that has denied opportunities for millions of Americans. Congress continues to spout out that Americans need to get retrained. We’re training our competition to take our jobs. And our Congress allows this because Corporations want cheap labor and Congress wants corporate campaign donations.

I’ve read in the news where Harris Miller has stated Siemens is an isolated case. That is so very far from the truth. Siemens is in the news because I chose to not give up, because I chose to be blackballed from the industry, but I, Mike Emmons, am one proud American that has stood up for millions of Americans being shortchanged by our government’s cheap labor policies.

For the past 18 months I have actively pursued bringing awareness to this gross injustice. The replacement of American workers is epidemic across America. People from all over the country have contacted me, stating virtually the same thing.

I will read these until you tell me to stop. The following are stories and situations that have come to me, describing the use of congressional visas to displace well educated American citizens.

Siemens Shared Services Orlando used the L-1 visa to import Siemens India employees. They ordered their Accounts Payable staff to train the foreign workers then laid off the Americans. Shared Services, AP department is now predominately Indian workers.

JP Morgan Tampa hired Tata Consulting to replace their American employees. As I understand, Tata was thrown out for incompetence; replaced by Congizant, another Indian replacement firm.

NCR Corporation Dayton, Ohio is currently in the process of replacing their American workers. The winner, body shop HCL Technology India.

AT&T Wireless, Bothell, WA and Palm Beach, FL hired body shop Tata Consulting to rid their offices of American workers.

Siemens Energy & Automotive Atlanta, GA hired Infosys India to replace their American workers.

Contacts in Verizon Temple Terrance, FL told me the IT department is now 90% visa holders. The Americans have been pushed out one by one.

In Sept 2003, Dan Rather of CBS reported First Data Corp Coral Springs, FL ordered their employees to train Congizant employees, then the Americans were thrown out on the streets.

When Bank of America Concord, CA employee Kevin Flanagan completed his replacement worker training he was laid off. That day he went to the bank parking lot and committed suicide.

On May 11, 1995 CBS 48 Hours report “Slamming the Door, Denying the Dream†described how AIG Insurance replaced 250 American workers with visa holders. Since May 11, 1995! The replacement of American workers has been going on for well over 8 years.

Per Hartford, Conn. NBC channel 30, Cigna Insurance is replacing hundreds of American workers with Satyam India employees. They reported there are over 20K unemployed Conn. IT workers. DOL reports Conn. has over 70K non-immigrant temporary workers. The CIGNA internal memo stated “in order to drive the replacement of local consultants to Satyam consultants we have put in place a closed loop process to provide Satyam first right of refusal for all consultant requests.†Regarding the 70K workers, that would be H-1b visa holders. No one knows details regarding L-1s because the Freedom of Information Act seems to not apply to L-1s. The BCIS/INS refuses to disclose this information.)

Tata Consulting and WiPro are the winners in North Carolina’s Ciena Corp replacement program.

USAA Insurance San Antonio, TX replaced their American workers. One email states: “A couple years back when our first wave of layoffs started, there were probably fewer than 100 TCS employees. Now we have over 500 and the number grows by the week, if not by the day. We also employ some Indian employees from HCL - about 80 or so. That's about 600 IT jobs that have vanished or will never be created for US citizens.â€

I have been given internal memos from Eaton Corp; they describe how Americans are asked to participate in knowledge transfer to Tata Consulting India employees; knowledge transfer occurring in Cleveland, Ohio.

I have more memos from Cutler-Hammer, Pittsburgh describing the same thing; the memo from Ray Huber, VP Information Technology states “Over the next few days we will be contacting affected individuals within our organization regarding our transition support.â€

On March 10, 2003, because I contacted them, Business Week reported that half of Tata Consulting 5,000 workers are L-1 visa holders. “What's more, L-1s allow employees to remain in the U.S. for up to seven years and can include multiple workers; H-1Bs are issued to individuals, who are limited to six-year stays. There were 384,000 people working in the U.S. on H-1Bs in 2001, the last year available, and at 329,000, nearly as many on L-1s. In more recent news reports Tata will not disclose the quantity of L-1 workers they use.

AT&T Orlando, FL replaced American consultants weeks after the arrival of their replacement workers from India.

Feb 16-19 2003, WKMG CBS Orlando aired “Where did the jobs go?†This 4 day report described the ill effects of H-1b and L-1 visas. The report received more replies than any other report they have ever done, bar none. Fall 2003, it was nominated for an Emmy. If you don’t believe me, contact Terri Spitz 407-521-1305 and ask her.

On Sept 24, 1998 Honorable Representative Dana Rohrabacher of California stated on the House floor:

"There are hundreds of thousands of workers from developing countries, indeed, that are willing to work for less. But the fact that they (the corporations) are importing them will take pressure off people to train our own people or to increase the wages of our people so those people will get their own training. The effect of this bill is to bring down the market wage for our high-tech workers.

It is called supply and demand. That is what we believe in. We Republicans especially are supposed to believe in that. It is not just supposed to work for the benefit of big companies; it is supposed to work for the benefit of all of our people. It will also reduce the incentives for companies to reeducate and retrain employees or unemployed Americans. It will provide an incentive for companies to lay off senior employees before they qualify for retirement or if they need health benefits, which people who get older need. Instead, it will bring on people who are from developing countries who are willing to work for a lot less and are a lot younger,...

To whom are we loyal? Whom do we care about? We are supposed to care about the American people."

I refer to Honorable Rohrabacher as Nostramadus. He hit the nail on the head except one thing and that is the effect of the bill. It would be better stated “The INTENT of this bill is to bring down the market wage for our high-tech workers; the EFFECT has been the replacement of American high-tech workers.

I have received many other emails from victims of L-1 and H-1b visa abuse; victims of body shops like Tata, Infosys, Satyam, WiPro, and HCL. Some of those include Target and Best Buy Minneapolis, Coca-Cola Atlanta, Harris Corp Melbourne, FL, Peoplesoft, Pleasanton, CA, Chevron-Texaco, CA, Lockheed-Martin Colorado Springs, Intel, Hewlett-Packard, and American Express.

The United States government has created the very tools that are being used to transfer jobs out of our country. With these programs Congress states we will be able to educate and retrain people. These are the very programs that are forcing Americans out of technical fields. Education is their red herring, all a politician has to do to distract attention away from the facts is push the Education Button.

I believe we all know what they are doing, the U.S. Congress fails to act because money talks. Corporate campaign donations trump the livelihoods of their constituents.

The U.S. government created the “golden egg†for knowledge transfer. In my opinion, it is not the corporations that are completely at fault. They are only doing what our government has allowed them to do. The fault lies solely in the hands of the U.S. government, specifically the United States Congress.

DELETED

www.OutsourceCognress.org/

www.OutsourceCongress.org/video/

www.OutsourceCongress.org/mica/Mica_L1.html

www.Outsource Congress.org/mica/

www.itpaa.org/

www.toraw.org/

www.HireAmericanCitizens.org/

www.zazona.com/

www.RescueAmericanJobs.org/

www.naea.us/

www.techrevolt.org/

www.american-champions.org/

www.americanjobscoalition.org/

www.americanworker.org/

www.cwalocal4250.org/outsourcing/

heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/itaa.others.html

www.h1b.info/

www.awcorg.us/

www2.familyinjustice.com:8080/familyinjustice/h1b/

www.zazona.com/ShameH1B/

www.geocities.com/H1BAction/

www.hireamerica.us/

www.ieeeusa.org/forum/issues/H1bvisa/index.html

www.insourceamerica.org/

www.itunemployed.com/xaraya/index.php

www.madinusa.org/

www.nomoreh1b.com/

www.programmersguildusa.com/

www.the-cia.net/users/country/sellmain.htm

www.techsunite.org/

www.us1st.org/

www.h-1bs.com/

www.stopoffshoreoutsourcing.com/

www.yourjobisgoingtoindia.com/

www.vdare.com/

www.theamericancause.org/

www.fairjobs.org/

www.saveusjobs.biz/

stoptheinvasion.com/h1b/

So you have absolutely nothing to do with the current representational dispute at American Airlines!!!!!!! Here we have an interloper who has suffered hardships himself and yet he does not want us to succeed in gaining better representation for ourselves. :shock: Have you been hired by the twu or are you a management employeee who has been directed to help the twu maintain their foothold in the mechanic and related? The latter would not suprise me considering my previous dealings with the company during the last drive.

Do you really expect anyone to read that long winded rambling post, I could only manage to get through the first two sentences before I was ready to barf, stop whinning man.

And stop being AFRAID, Deal with life like a man.

Who cares who he is, take a hike you whinner.

Johnny Lunchbox said:
Absolutely not, don't be scared my friend, it wasn't meant as a warning...just a notice. Now get close to your other AMFA homies and hug each other around the AMFA flag..that's it...you like that feeling huh?

So tell me...what kind of panties is he wearing and how close were you to them? Do you approve or are you into something a bit more fem? You can share with Johnny.

Not scared here, just booting the twu out the door.

With all due respect to Mike, let's leave him out of it Earl, here is his picture. He just ran for Congress.Mike Emmons

CIO_Emmons2.jpg

CIO, Lunchbox and all other TWU Officers now fighting to maintain your positions:

GET YOUR TOOL BOX READY-YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO WORK FOR A LIVING

Instead of fighting for your position, YOU SHOULD HAVE FOUGHT FOR US!

I'll be paying you a visit soon... along with a notice to get your butt back to the box

Funny how hard the twu is willing to fight for their positions but not for their membership.

cio bring on your afl/cio cronnies, I been asking all along where are they?

What happened to "This is our fight" and leave jim little and sonny hall out of it????

What happened to "We stopped the AMFA drive in it's tracks?"

twu has been in denial since the begining and now it's time to pack up and leave....

bye bye

I believe you will find that the membership has requested the help from the International and AFL-CIO to inform the membership about the pitfalls of Amfa.

Checking it Out said:
I believe you will find that the membership has requested the help from the International and AFL-CIO to inform the membership about the pitfalls of Amfa.

Great we could use the conservative union based support also. We will just bring out the AFL-CIO Gun Control track record and Tulsa will follow AMFA as strong as the line does.

You guys will never figure this out will you? You cannot sell a bucket of crap to someone wanting a clean bucket.

So let us get this right. You are not concerned, but you are requesting help.
The PR Frim didn't work.
Jim Little and you have zero credibility.
The teamster scab caller didn't stop us.
The coffin and trailer in the TWU Express didn't work.
Bad Standing trials didn't work.
We are soon going to get a re-vote on the concessions.
3200 members did not get pin numbers to cast a vote.
You saved 12,000 jobs

CIO, you need to consider something very basic. If there really were serious pitfalls of AMFA then eight (8) airlines would either not be represented by AMFA or at least the TWU would have successful card drives in progress at those 8 carriers. This is NOT Rocket Science, it is however, basic truth that even the simple minds can grasp and hold.

When you look up the word "PITFALL" in the dictionary, you see this picture.

kwells.jpg

Checking it Out said:
Isnt it funny how CIO calls TWU officials "the membership"?

Kind of like how Stalin used to claim that "the Prolatariat demands these actions" while in truth it was just Stalin taking some self serving action.

In the meantime he supports any effort to stifle the will of the real membership.

You know, the ones that CIO says "Dont participate" and only have "15 minute attention spans"!

Are you here today CIO in the hopes that when the TWU is voted out that the International will have a place for you like Peggy Olstien?

"Look at what I did" "I was on them boards 16 hours a day seven days a week fighting for the TWU, I could be a valuable assett to the TWU""Please , please dont send me back to the floor! PLEASE!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease! Oh God no, not back to the floor!!! No !!!!!!! ,,Not back to the floor!!!!!!!!!!

Dont worry CIO. Because with AMFA we all will have a better future. You will see. It wont be that bad after all. Maybe not as good as you have it now, but working for a living is not that bad.

Bob, I think you are miss-informed of who and what I am.

I fight everyday to ensure the gainful employment of all TWU members at AA! And I rely on the International and the political involvement to ensure the long-term benefit of the TWU membership. Just like the many who do the same thing throughout the TWU locals!

If the TWU is so bad than why is Amfa attempting to mirror our constitution? If The TWU is so bad than why is Delle attempting to suppress the members? You better look inside the Amfa dream and you will see the spoilage Amfa has caused!

Get informed and you will see the difference in Representation!

Bob, you need to step away for a few days, collect your thoughts and veiw both sides. The dream world you're in favor of, does not exist with Amfa! Maybe at a different time or in the future? But for now, the members at AA do not deserve the destruction Amfa will cause!

I fight everyday to ensure the gainful employment of all TWU members at AA!

Oh really and how do you do that? Tell me how and who you fight.

And I rely on the International and the political involvement to ensure the long-term benefit of the TWU membership.

Did you see the graph of AA mechanics pay vs CPI? How have you secured long term benifits when for twenty years you gave away such things, in long term contracts, in response to short term conditions?

Just like the many who do the same thing throughout the TWU locals!

Do you mean all those who collect a share of the companys $3 million donation?

If the TWU is so bad than why is Amfa attempting to mirror our constitution?

Are they? Dont many Constitutions have a lot in common? Is the feature that AMFA is seeking unique to the TWU or Industrial unions or common to many Craft Unions?The ability for the members to change the Constitution does not exist with the TWU, my definition of members that is.

If The TWU is so bad than why is Delle attempting to suppress the members?

Is He? I have nothing against giving the leader a lot of power. But "at the end of the day" if Delles actions were not justified in the minds of the members they can remove him. Now when Jim Little signed that contract "without further ratification" what recourse will the members have against him? Thats the difference. Power with accountability vs power without accountability.

You better look inside the Amfa dream and you will see the spoilage Amfa has caused!

As you always say, the Union is you. The AMFA Constitution provides the members accountability and control. At the last TWU Convention we heard speaches from the International against any measure that would provide accountability because, according to them, it would result in instability for the union. However AMFA has proven that notion to be untrue. In fact we have seen TWU supporters criticize AMFA because the members have not removed Delle. Well thats partially because they have had no reason to. But if they wanted to they could, either through an election or recall.

In the political arena, a while back there was the big debate about term limits. The Unions were against them, and rightfully so. The ballott box is your term limit. However TWU members are not given access to the ballott box for International leaders now are they?

Get informed and you will see the difference in Representation!

Once again look at the mechanics pay vs CPI graph. The fact is that we have done better than other TWU represeted workers at AA thanks to liscence premiums. Other workers have suffered even more due to the TWUs "ineptness" (Teamsters description of TWU leadership).

I suggest that you get informed. Remember that New York is a union town. We actually believe in unionism here. Its a part of our culture. This is not a RTW state. When we see our leaders selling us out, as the TWU obviously have we will not hesitate to turn on them and give them the treatment they deserve. Thats why Sonny Hall does not show up for much around here. Except for fancy dinners with management. Even though he has attained high rank within the AFL-CIO he is viewed as a sellout by the Rank and File.

The fact is that the Sonny Halls of this world have sold out the workers. They sit back, suck up to management and sell concessionary contracts. They tell the workers that they are powerless and must work for less. They have constructed elaborate fascades in order to deflect blame away from themselves, and they have made themselves rich while doing it.

I suggest that you go out and inform yourself, and pick up a dictionary along the way.

Bob, you need to step away for a few days, collect your thoughts and veiw both sides. The dream world you're in favor of, does not exist with Amfa!

I have no illusions about AMFA. What I seek is the opportunity to see the mechanics of this industry speaking through a union that is theirs. A union that is not willing to degrade the profession by transferring work away from us.

I hope and am willing to help other workers take the same route of having an industry specific focused union. Thats one of the reasons why I support and hand out AGW cards.

Can anyone deny that airline workers have suffered tremendously over the last twenty years? We all know that what we have does not work. You blame the membership. I blame the leadership. The leaders have been blaming the members for twenty years. What have they done to change them? Have they succeeded?

Well we need to try something else. We need to change the leadership, in fact we need to change the entire structure that keeps these leaders in place and has utterly failed the members.

I suggested to Sonny Hall, Thomas Buffenbarger and Hoffa that they get together and merge their ATDS. They want nothing to do with it.

I also contacted Sweeneys office at the AFL-CIO. They thought it was a great idea and said I should pursue it. So I did.

That was over three years ago.

I made my intentions clear, however the TWU waited until the AMFA drive and my trial to cite this as evidence of dual unionism. They even cited this in their decision even though the discussion they were using took place with Sonny Hall three years prior and at that time Sonny never indictated that it was dual unionism.

The fact is that you call yourself a union man but you are far from it. The fact is that you live in an economic backwoods and have been insulated from the hardships that your "union brothers and sisters", from Fleet service workers, stores and mechanics, have had to deal with and you could care less about any of them. You only care about Tulsa because that is where you are. Please dont try to sell us your phony altruism. You are a self serving phony and we all know it.

Maybe at a different time or in the future? But for now, the members at AA do not deserve the destruction Amfa will cause!

We certainly didnt deserve the destruction that the TWU has caused, neither did the rest of the industry's workers! The TWU, Industry leading concessions for over twenty years!

Bob, I think you are miss-informed of who and what I am.

I think we know EXACTLY what you are!