Twu Pro-union Local

Simply my opinion. If AMFA doesn't pull a rabbit out of its hat it will not be able to effectivly represent its members at the other carriers. AMFAs success was its hardball tactics, without them AMFA is useless because they have no other negotiating skills. Northwest has effectivly shown the industry how to deal with hard ball unions so the strike threat is mute for all unions. They are going to have to develop new strategies soon or campanies will begin to walk all over them.

PlayTheOdds said:
Simply my opinion. If AMFA doesn't pull a rabbit out of its hat it will not be able to effectivly represent its members at the other carriers. AMFAs success was its hardball tactics, without them AMFA is useless because they have no other negotiating skills. Northwest has effectivly shown the industry how to deal with hard ball unions so the strike threat is mute for all unions. They are going to have to develop new strategies soon or campanies will begin to walk all over them.
[post="310471"][/post]​

"Compaines walk all over them"???

Wouldn't caving to a demand of a 26% paycut along with 50% membership lay-off constitute "walking all over them"?

Doesn't industry leading concessions at AA by the TWU "without membership ratification" constitute "walking all over them"?

I am sick of your rhetoric PTO, why don't you lay out some specifics about what the mechanics in the indsutry should do that will make the profession worthy of working in and will sustain the long term future of the profession?

Should we all become scabs or anti-union like you?

I worked in another industry like that, and when the older workers became less productive and made more per hour, the companues just "walked all over them" and sent them home, replacing them with more productive younger workers making less money. There is no seniority system once the unions fail.

I have yet to see you offer a long term viable solution that will benefit the working man and the profession, all I see you offer is individual "I've got mine" working mentality. That will lead to "walking all over them" worse than you see today.

You seperate AMFA from the member and keep calling AMFA "they". You still don't get it no matter how many times it is said...

"AMFA is the membership, AMFA is not seperate from the member, the MEMBERS at Northwest voted to strike, and given the small number of membership crossing to scab, it is obvious the Northwest Mechanics decided how to handle this situation.

TWU informer said:
[post="310481"][/post]​

"Compaines walk all over them"???
Wouldn't caving to a demand of a 26% paycut along with 50% membership lay-off constitute "walking all over them"?

Just about every one of your questions here have been addressed in other posts. I am going to bear with you TWU.

No it does not. This facility was over stocked with AMT's and needed culling very badly. As far as the cleaners and custodians go all I can say is that AMFA was foolish to jack their pay up so high that the company had no choice but to get rid of them all together.

Doesn't industry leading concessions at AA by the TWU "without membership ratification" constitute "walking all over them"?
I do not know enough about AA to answer that.

I am sick of your rhetoric PTO, why don't you lay out some specifics about what the mechanics in the indsutry should do that will make the profession worthy of working in and will sustain the long term future of the profession?
Please read posts 46 through 59 in Twu Pro-union Local, Jim Little why can't you make a stmt?

Should we all become scabs or anti-union like you?

I am not necessarily anti-union Im just against the corrupt ones that hinder company operations and steals its members money. WOW..... I guess Im anti-union.

I have yet to see you offer a long term viable solution that will benefit the working man and the profession, all I see you offer is individual "I've got mine" working mentality. That will lead to "walking all over them" worse than you see today.

There is no solution, you guys are to prejudice against the other work groups and unions in the industry to ever come up with an effective cohesive union

You seperate AMFA from the member and keep calling AMFA "they". You still don't get it no matter how many times it is said...

"AMFA is the membership, AMFA is not seperate from the member, the MEMBERS at Northwest voted to strike, and given the small number of membership crossing to scab, it is obvious the Northwest Mechanics decided how to handle this situation.

You might be right about that in most cases but not this one. AMFA lied to its members when it held the vote to strike and would not give them a chance to vote on NWA's final offer before the strike. My point here is that if AMFA and its members were one in the same they would all have had the same information and the members would have been able to vote again before the strike.

PlayTheOdds said:
AMFA lied to its members when it held the vote to strike and would not give them a chance to vote on NWA's final offer before the strike. My point here is that if AMFA and its members were one in the same they would all have had the same information and the members would have been able to vote again before the strike.
[post="310502"][/post]​

PTO...just curious here, since you werent on the property before the strike and didnt attend union meetings or get updates from your union rep please tell me where AMFA lied? After every negotiating session we received updates on what NW was proposing. We voted to go on strike if a TA couldnt be reached so please explain why we should vote on NW's proposal that hadnt changed since Day 1.

If you indeed knew what was happening on the inside you would have known that 99.9% of AMFA represented employees at NW had already informed their reps not to bring the crap NW was offering back for a vote.

Do you actually believe NW's offer had any chance of passing? Do you think for one second AMFA didnt know what NW was planning? I know its hard for you to understand about standing up for yourself and your coworkers but except for the few worthless scum who have crossed it shows just how many supported the decision to strike.

If the truth was told then the few SCUM who have crossed were the same ones you decry the unions for protecting. I guess its only right that they join you to work at your side.

How many mechanics were you told were being trained in Arizona and Canada? What were you told about the skill level of these replacement workers? I am certatin if the mechanics knew this they would have known that a strike would have been ineffective and looked for another strategy other than walking out the gate where you are powerless to fight the company.

We were getting regular reports from your training camps, do you think we didnt know what was going on down there? When did AMFA ever say this strike would be over in a week? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?. You have no knowledge what AMFA was telling us PTO you are only assuming you know.

Everyone i talked to before we walked knew it would be a tough fight but we all were willing to fight the fight. Also, you talk that the strike is a failure is only your opinion and we all know what opinions are like right?

AMFA has said from the start that NW will come for paycuts and layoffs in round 1 and then when they filed BK they would come back for more. Was that a lie? It seems to me that AMFA was the only union being honest with their members. ALPA was telling their members not to support the strike because the company wouldnt file BK if they did and then they could protect their pensions. The IAM is ran by a SCAB so we never expected their support. The F/A's, i have no clue what they were thinking but im sure they are seeing the big picture now.

What im am wondering PTO is why you persist in making statements here that you present as facts when in reality they are nothing more then your uninformed opinion.

I know for a fact that you guys were told that there were only a handful of us down there and that all we had for experience was two weeks training. You guys were told that there was no way that we scabs could support NWA's fleet.

Can you even remotely call this strike a success? The cleaners and custodians have been repalced. Those jobs are gone and there is no getting them back. Contracts with the vendors has been signed. One of your brotherhood unions took the pushbacks, I don't think they will easily give them up. NWA are hiring replacement mechanics permanently. They are also having job fairs at other aviation locations and A&P schools. The olny sign of a picket line is a barricaded off area.
It is looking very dark for AMFA, please do shed some light on it for us.

Show us a different fact.

PlayTheOdds said:
NWA are hiring replacement mechanics permanently.
[post="310520"][/post]​

Do you actually believe they are permanent? They will be discarded when NW is done with them. Please explain your definition of permanent.

chasbatl said:
Do you actually believe they are permanent? They will be discarded when NW is done with them. Please explain your definition of permanent.
[post="310523"][/post]​

They no longer work for the contract company. they work directly for NWA. I recieve a check issued by my contract company not NWA because I am not an NWA employee. The guys that went "direct" or "rolled over" are actual NWA employees. Any AMFA guy crossing the line now will be behind them in seniority. There is really a whole new NWA work force being built here without a union. That is why I called "GAME OVER".

It is a whole new ball game here. The rules have changed I suggest you check up on your facts. There is no union for the Mechanics here and Northwest is taking full advantage of it. They are restructuring its HR department. This is like a new company. The board has been erased and a new list has begun.

PTO...based on your theory the only thing senority would be good for without a union would be when you get a seat on a plane. That is based on date of employment and since no AMFA member quit his job his senority date would never change.

Back