TWU vs. AMP Debate Comments

Some of you just can't resist the urge to post whatever, whenever, and wherever, can you? This thread is for discussion of the TWU Vs. AMP debate, and nothing else. All other posts have been deleted. If you can't stick to the topic, then perhaps some time off to study what staying on topic means might be in order.

Some of you just blather the same thing over and over. I mean look at this thread. There has been one, count it, one, ein, uno post in the debate thread by one of the debaters. This thread is already near the end of page 2.

ralph don't understand why my post was deleted it was no worse than what the goose replied and not off topic just repleying to time for a change post

"For years we've represented the best of the airline industry. Our workers deserve the best so we continue fighting for the best wages and benefits possible."

Well cio... the twu continues to fight for the best wages and benefits? When will that start at AA? This POS t/a claims to have the 2nd highest paid AMTs but that is typical AA half truths with the twu peddeling the same. There is a SMALL window of start/stop times where shifts are eligible for this pay the MAJORITY of the AMTs do not get this pay. So much for your fighting.

Perhaps a question you can address in your debate is why the twu never had snapback language in the concessions. Thanks for speaking for the twu. :)

please stop posting non debate issues here i want this to continue, dont piss ralph off. Let the debaters get going then comment on those topics only I dont want him to close this down.

please stop posting non debate issues here i want this to continue, dont piss ralph off. Let the debaters get going then comment on those topics only I dont want him to close this down.

I was under the perception that two people (one from AMP the other from the twu) were to debate each other on a closed thread, no other posts but the two chosen debaters ?

I did not realize this was the debate thread.

Ralph can you make a hyperlikn in the first post of this thread to direct people to the bebate forum

(found in the new Debate Forum).

Post number 3
What the hell happened to our 40 hour work week. You seem to be proud of it you mentioned it twice...

Most of America works 9-5 enjoying a 40 hour work week

We get to enjoy an eight and a half hour day making it 42.5 hours a week.
I remember when the company took the 8 hour day away they said that would be a strike issue if we wanted it back... :lol:

I was under the perception that two people (one from AMP the other from the twu) were to debate each other on a closed thread, no other posts but the two chosen debaters ?

I did not realize this was the debate thread.

Ralph can you make a hyperlikn in the first post of this thread to direct people to the bebate forum

The hyperlink is in the first post in this thread.

This is not the debate thread. This is the thread that allows you to comment about what is posted in the debate thread. It is not for any other purpose. There are at least 4 or 5 other active threads about the TA, the TWU, the AMP drive. Here you may comment about posts in the debate. See Eolesen's comment above which is exactly what I was talking about. He has pointed out an anomaly in the TWU history post including represented airlines that no longer exist.

Dated is an understatement.... I'm guessing eleven or twelve years old.... Ogden-Allied was bought by Menzies and Dynair was bought by Swissport back in 2000. Conrail (mentioned in the Railroad section) ceased in 1999.

I would respectfully ask that the person on each side of this debate identify themselves prior to the beginning of this debate. As you point out both people believes strongly in their position. As such they should not use an alias. During televised debates candidates do not stand behind curtains. I do not buy into the argument that an alias allows a person a certain amount of freedom. To that I say bologna. I know aapitbull is fully capable of standing up and being heard for what he believes in and knowing who is speaking lends credibiblity to that person. (Deleted by Moderator: Violation of Rule #2. Last chance.) Thank you.

During a previous attempt at AA for representation, the TWU used many underhanded tactics including intimidation. All this is well known and cannot be ignored. Lets debate ideas and facts, not personalities.
In my case, I had enough of the TWU over the decades they supposedly represented me and I am ready for something else.

History of the Union is very important. You can visit: www.twu.org to read more.

History of the Union is very important. You can visit: www.twu.org to read more.

Absolutely, that's why were having this discussion. Post #5 has several comments that I believe to be false. One is, "keep work in-house that is no longer performed at any other major carrier". I don't believe pitbull has time to validate every comment that's made and many should just be left alone. But some, like the one quoted, have major significance in this debate. So, ladies and gentlemen, we have been given an opportunity to provide a fact checking service. Also, the pilots and flight attendants are independent unions. To be so isolated from the "community and rest of the labor movement", they seem to be fairing pretty well.

Agree -- watching APA, they appear to have been pretty supportive of both ALPA & IFALPA on honoring picket lines, supporting legislation, etc. I know for a fact that during the 1997 NWA-ALPA strike, APA pressed AA pretty hard not to up-gauge equipment or add extra sections into MSP & DTW.

If anything, the example from NWA shows how unreliable the AFL-CIO can be in supporting the greater labor movement.

Sure, history is important. But would you hire someone who walked in with a resume they haven't updated in 10 years? Would you want your kids to be learning contemporary world history textbook printed in 1999?

Latest posts

Back