TWU vs. AMP Debate Comments

A quick note, all those years of the TWU being very accommodating to AA has done a lot for us, as far as numbers go. Another good thing was the 2001 contract, but I think that had more to do with AMFA at NWA. We had that contract for about 18 months I think. Then the TWU helps AA with the 2003 MOAC (mother of all concession's) now AA has the chance to take the lead and give the employee's industry leading contract, but instead chooses to low ball the TWU after excepting bonus's for the past 7 years. I'm not even expecting to get the 2001 contract back, but the TWU couldn't get the 70plus years of a good relationship to get a respectable contract. With 2/3 of the mechs voting against the TA, that should tell the TWU and AA that it's not just a couple whiners mouthing off.

If AMP gets voted in, maybe we would be better off. The APFA has a acrimonious past with AA and the F/A's pay half what we pay for health insurance, and they are way over staffed, and they are still up there on the F/A pay scale compared to other airlines. Maybe being AA's best buddy doesn't work.

I think CIO ran out of copy and paste material to post. He avoids answering the one question we are all waiting for.
I for one consider the debate ended for now.
Or maybe was was told to cut his losses and run away.

I know TWU was to have "Bump and roll" and MCI has been handled mostly at DWH, but what about SFO ect. We have been told the Northeast and Southeast were going to increase in size and MX.

cio,

Your silence is remarakable. How's that defending of the twu constitution for you coming along? This "debate" was started how long ago? It has had how many posts/replys? And you still can't answer the very first question...

Why does the twu membership NOT get to vote for international officer positions?

While your at it please explain WHY twu int. officers didn't take pay cut when the membership did.

GO AMP!

cio,

Your silence is remarakable. How's that defending of the twu constitution for you coming along? This "debate" was started how long ago? It has had how many posts/replys? And you still can't answer the very first question...

Why does the twu membership NOT get to vote for international officer positions?

While your at it please explain WHY twu int. officers didn't take pay cut when the membership did.

GO AMP!
CIO was good at talking in circles and avoiding the main topic, a good politician if you ask me. I bet he cashed his last check from the mob/twu int. and quit.

Latest posts