Twu Wins New Restrictions On Foreign Maintenance

And I'm quite confodent that AMFA will get the job done with the OSM's and their full back pay, we do not mess around like the TWU!

WAHHHHH Is that crying from the scab camp???? yup, beleive it is!!! O how typical
for looooooooosers to whine.
FACE the the facts scabs the grievance procedure WORKS!!!!!!!!!! but, y'all wouldn't know about anything like that would you? NO, because you don't have one.
TWU saves jobs. That is what UNIONS do!!!!! ASSOciations know nothing of that.
Now whining they do know.
Read it all & tells us how you scabs would like to have it.
Remember this scabs:
This is NOT iam. it is TWU!!!!
This is NOT united,nw,alaska,sw,or any other of the unfortunate airlines you so call represent. This is AMERICAN AIRLINES!!!!
This is NOT an ASSOciation, We are a UNION!!!!!! (note the first letter in the word UNION) U!!!!!!!!!

Thrustfuljet said:
I beleive Bob makes some very good points! I believe Bob is correct that it is very weak language and the company has enough gray area to still do what they want.

It's to bad the twu can not see this, maybe that is why they are on the way out and AMFA is on the way in.

I believe the twu better get some better lawyers to go ovet the contract languge in the future, if the twu has a future......
it is very weak language and the company has enough gray area to still do what they want.

HAHAHA!!!! Funny you should mention weak language. Seems that weak language has surfaced in the (amfa) NWA contract regarding the cleaners!!! Here, let me refresh your memory. . .

(exerpts from a previous post)

Evidence of the weak NWA agreement language that was negotiated by amfa's "professionals" (oxymoron if you ask me!! ) continues to haunt them in their latest arbitration defeat known as the Timothy Cobb et al. Grievance #213978, where the arbitrator in his opinion under "findings and conclusions" said "there is little in the bargaining history to support the union's position." Additionally the arbitrator agreed with the company argument that "when the union wanted to protect a particular shift or job function from displacement, the language to affect that result was negotiated." In other words, amfa didn't give a crap about protecting the cleaner’s jobs or they just didn't know what the hell they were doing, and judging from the AMT layoffs and the defeat in the FM case they didn't do a very good job protecting AMT jobs either. It is clearly evident by reading the Cobb arbitration case that it was amfa's intention NOT to protect "all" of the cleaner work at NWA.

Just for your information Dave they laid off 65 cleaners and replaced them with 71 contract workers. They (amfa) chose to NOT protect the largest portion of work known as “ALLâ€￾ cleaner work, which is done by cleaners in the M&R craft and class. Instead, in their infinite wisdom and superior language they protected only RON work In fact, because of the language from the arbitrator, the word is now that NWA intends to outsource ALL of the cleaner work that amfa CHOSE NOT TO PROTECT! Amfa even admitted in the text of their argument that if the arbitrator agreed with the companies position that "hundreds of cleaners would stand to lose their jobs."

I believe the twu better get some better lawyers to go ovet the contract languge in the future, if the twu has a future......

Our future's so bright. . .we gotta wear shades!!

B) B) B) B) B)
(Sorry, just couldn't pass that one up!!)

twuer said:
Our future's so bright. . .we gotta wear shades!!

B) B) B) B) B)
(Sorry, just couldn't pass that one up!!)
AMFA just filed with 60%.

How bright is the TWU/ATDs future now?

Figure in another year Fleet will leave too. Then the SWA flight attendants etc. Within a couple of year the only place the TWU will have members in this industry is Dispatch.

Well our future at least looks a little brighter!

Go AMFA!

CIO,

Why dont you post a copy of the grievance and a copy of the signed letter?

Don't tell us how to think. Give us the facts and we will decide it's worth for ourselves!

Checking it Out said:
TWU WINS NEW RESTRICTIONS ON FOREIGN MAINTENANCE

Line Stations and Bases Keep Work In-house The TWU is the first union in the airline industry to win new restrictions on the outsourcing of foreign maintenance.

On March 10, 2004, the TWU settled a grievance with American Airlines that requires that:

• All B-checks and C-checks be performed in-house by TWU members.

• All A-checks must be performed in the United States by TWU members unless federal regulations require that work be performed overseas in order that the aircraft continue to operate safely. This is a major victory for the TWU that benefits our members at line stations as well as overhaul bases.

While other airlines like Northwest and United are farming out more and more maintenance overseas and domestically, the TWU is protecting our membership by requiring that this work be performed in the U.S. by TWU represented employees.

This grievance was successfully negotiated by Representative Robert Gless and was aggressively pursued by Local 565 President Don Videtich. The settlement strengthens the contractual requirements under our scope clause. As a result, all scheduled maintenance will now be performed by TWU members in the U.S. unless FARs requires that the work be performed overseas in order for the aircraft to safely return home. Brothers Gless and Videtich deserve great credit for successfully pursuing this settlement.

This agreement reflects management’s recognition that TWU members are the most qualified mechanics in the world to do this work. This also indicates that management is acknowledging our contributions to the airline since entering into the restructuring agreement last year.

TWU: Keeping Our Work In-house

For more details, the terms of the settlement are available on the ATD website, and all members are urged to examine it carefully.

TWU Full Settlement!

Two Thumbs Up! :up:
Here is the information the link is on the qoute!

Why is it? The majority of the time you hear the amfa word, outsourcing comes up in the next comment! With 11,000 members gone I don't believe I would be spouting off how good they are!

Your comment about thinking for yourself! I believe the little puppet is pulling you strings! Amfa where the members are controlled by Delle!

Checking it Out said:
Your comment about thinking for yourself! I believe the little puppet is pulling you strings! Amfa where the members are controlled by Delle!
Well with AMFA those very same members can remove Delle. Can they remove Sonny Hall or Jim Little? NO!

The fact is that Sonny does as he pleases. Ask your own ex President about the seperate Locals. The Presidents council voted against it didnt they?

Keep trying CIO, your desperation becomes more apparent with each post.

Answer this...

5 A checks, 15 PS's, 48 Special Item Cards, and an ECO for thid past Saturday and Sunday done outside the country. This after the historic, one of a kind settlement, that restricts AA from sending our work out. How can they do this with our iron clad language?????

AMFAMAN said:
Answer this...

5 A checks, 15 PS's, 48 Special Item Cards, and an ECO for thid past Saturday and Sunday done outside the country. This after the historic, one of a kind settlement, that restricts AA from sending our work out. How can they do this with our iron clad language?????
Don't confuse us with the facts.

Decision 2004 said:
AMFAMAN said:
Answer this...

Hi Decision 2004, I get the impression that you maybe an Alias for AMFADave, in which case, get more info about what an A-check or a PS card or for that matter the special item cards entailed, not to mention the lone ECO.

You could ask Buck, he does work in the hangars and should have done a few routine inspection cards, A and PS. Neither is rocket science and they come due on an hourly basis not when it is convenient to the line maintenance types.

j7915 said:
Decision 2004 said:
AMFAMAN said:
Answer this...

Hi Decision 2004, I get the impression that you maybe an Alias for AMFADave, in which case, get more info about what an A-check or a PS card or for that matter the special item cards entailed, not to mention the lone ECO.

You could ask Buck, he does work in the hangars and should have done a few routine inspection cards, A and PS. Neither is rocket science and they come due on an hourly basis not when it is convenient to the line maintenance types.
Wait a minute, the twu signed a "historic agreement" to stop the company from doing this maintenace overseas and now you're condoning it because of hours between checks. The whole grievance was based on the company not doing checks in the US when the plane sat overnight the night before at a maintenance station. Instead they allow it to run out of time in a Intl station. Are you saying you agree with this continued BS?