U buying part of United??

Robc98

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Heard a little quip the other day from a pilot...seems Mr. Siegel was onboard a flt not too long ago and made mention of U purchasing a part of United??.....anyone hear that one??

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/1/2002 5:44:46 PM Robc98 wrote:
[P]Heard a little quip the other day from a pilot...seems Mr. Siegel was onboard a flt not too long ago and made mention of U purchasing a part of United??.....anyone hear that one??[/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P]Chip isn't going to be happy....doesn't he have exclusive rights to Cockpit Confidentials with Dave?
BLOCKQUOTE]

Well now that u mentioned it....I heard he was the captain of that particular flt Dave was on.....Chip is this true?...did he say that we are going to buy part of United?.....This story was told to me by a senior pilot with the company and he said that your were at the helm of that flt.....

Rob:

I was not on this flight and Dave Siegel did not tell me US was going to buy a part of UA.

Chip

UAL777flyer:

UAL777flyer said: I have a VERY hard time believing that David Siegel would admit such a thing, even if it were true, to anyone, let alone a US employee. You're talking about a major strategic decision that would dramatically impact the stock price of UA, which the SEC would probably have a problem with. Sounds more like unsubstantiated speculation to me. While U and UA may indeed be analyzing various deeper transactions, I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to admit it beforehand, considering the implications.

Chip comments: UAL777flyer, I agree with your comments. There are SEC insider trading implications and the only way for Siegel or Tilton to provide employees with this type of information, is for confidentiality agreements to be signed.

Chip

I have a VERY hard time believing that David Siegel would admit such a thing, even if it were true, to anyone, let alone a US employee. You're talking about a major strategic decision that would dramatically impact the stock price of UA, which the SEC would probably have a problem with. Sounds more like unsubstantiated speculation to me. While U and UA may indeed be analyzing various deeper transactions, I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to admit it beforehand, considering the implications.

Ironically, it's times like this that give rise to rumors because of all the uncertainty surrounding both companies.