U Files To Reject Labor Agreements

firstamendment

What a clip!!! You should forward that to the "Big Guns". That would definately scare the "Sheet" out of them. New US anthem????

Uinvestor

Don't get it yet? No one cares anymore!!!! There is no future at US. It's just a stinkin' job not a career so says Lakefield and he's correct. There is nothing to save! No one cares!

I have numerous family and friends that were employed by EA until the end. Not one of them or anyone they worked with regret what went down. They all quickly moved on to bigger and better and are still alive and well to this day. It was a relief and it worked out for the better. The same will happen to US employees. When it's all over a feeling of calm will take over and all WILL move on to bigger and better.

bobcat said:
firstamendment

What a clip!!! You should forward that to the "Big Guns". That would definately scare the "Sheet" out of them. New US anthem????

Uinvestor

Don't get it yet? No one cares anymore!!!! There is no future at US. It's just a stinkin' job not a career so says Lakefield and he's correct. There is nothing to save! No one cares!

I have numerous family and friends that were employed by EA until the end. Not one of them or anyone they worked with regret what went down. They all quickly moved on to bigger and better and are still alive and well to this day. It was a relief and it worked out for the better. The same will happen to US employees. When it's all over a feeling of calm will take over and all WILL move on to bigger and better.
[post="200993"][/post]​

Please allow me to give credit where credit is do. That was a quote from Delldude. I would never want to still his thunder. :p

Sadly, USAirways merged the Piedmont Defined Pensions into their own USAirways pension, so they are one in the same. Everyone is in jeopardy now that they say the pension is underfunded by 270 million, and the PBGC is close to be insolvent themselves. Bad news everywhere.

PITbull said:
I believe CWA defined pensions that were frozen in 1992 are safe.
[post="200251"][/post]​

There's no question that Lorenzo robbed EAL blind, but it's really not fair to dump all the responsibility on Lorenzo. Had the IAM worked with Borman in the years leading up to 1986, EAL would never have been sold to Texas Air.

Not defending his ineptness, but Borman did try to work with the IAM to fix EAL during the early 1980s. That worked for a while, but not well enough to prevent EAL from going back into the red. Fed up, EAL's board directed Borman to "fix it, tank it, or sell it."

In 1986, Borman gave the unions one last chance to reach agreement on concessions, warning that Lorenzo was ready to buy. ALPA, AFA, and IAM called Borman's bluff, and the rest is history.

Latest posts