US Pilots Labor Thread 1/21 to 1/27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
With the previous thread beginning to drift a little it seems like the right time to start the new thread for the week.

Reminder--PERSONAL ATTACKS, COMMENTS or INSULTS will not be tolerated, and when discovered, the ENTIRE post will be deleted without comment.

Also--KEEP ON TOPIC. The issues relating to experience and the 1549 incident are already being discussed elsewhere and have nothing to do with the union labor dispute.

Thank you.

The crew had the "right stuff" and we can thank US Airways, PSA, and Piedmont's the picky hiring back in the 80's for this. They chose the best. As for hiring in the past few years....I won't go there.

Later,
Eye

I remember listening to American Airlines' Chief Pilot hotline. He would close every update with a line about how American Airlines' crews were the best pilots on the planet.

This is a common practice. Southwest, American and apparently USAir all spread this BS to their pilot group.

It always shocks me when I encounter someone who actually believes this and allows it to affect their ego.

It's always amazing how the standards were so high when "I" was hired but then became laughable when "you" were hired.

Snoop-

I'll repeat it again, stay with me. USAPA GAVE AWAY the age 58 bypass. It wasn't a battle that they lost, they simply gave away a west contract provision in exchange for nothing

Please take all the time you need to convince me and any other pilot why I would want a clueless group like that to represent me.

From an aviation website:

I am a relatively small woman, I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe. So, how can such a
small foot be so difficult to get out of my mouth? I am speaking, of course,
of my comment about the America West pilots and the theory that many of them
would have less experience because America West is a younger airline.

I am guilty of showing the same ignorance as the rest of the press, public or
government and USAPA called me on it. They let me know it was indeed a slight
against their West brothers and was not appreciated. I let them know I had
apologized and in fact, have had some great correspondence with some of those
HIGHLY QUALIFIED West pilots.

Thanks to all the America West pilots for letting me off the hook and thanks
to USAPA for taking the time to stand up for your members, the line pilots!

For those of you not involved, sorry to clutter your mailbox. I will try not
to have a strong opinion on anything for a day or so......DELETED BY MODERATOR

Le Anne Ottmann
editor@DEL BY MODERATOR

Snoop-

I'll repeat it again, stay with me. USAPA GAVE AWAY the age 58 bypass. It wasn't a battle that they lost, they simply gave away a west contract provision in exchange for nothing

Please take all the time you need to convince me and any other pilot why I would want a clueless group like that to represent me.
Uh...OK.

Maybe to add a little "substance" to your DFR suit?

Or not. Wouldn't be the first time you guys have stepped on your willy's, would it?

Too late now, mate..game on.

cheers for all my east mates.

Why are elections even being held? USAPA is a DOH union is it not? It is in the constitution.

The senior pilot is entitled to be president for two years. Then the next senior by DOH.

Mike Clarey and these other guys are just going to have to wait their turn until they have the experience and seniority to hold that position. Why is he trying to steal someone’s position by stepping in front of them?

What is wrong with everyone? Wait your turn. Someday you will inherit the presidency.

"You have to wonder with all the press coverage "gushing" about how experienced the crew was (29 years for the captain; 23 years for the F/O) how a jury might be swayed. Afraid of a jury now, are we?

Later,
Eye "

This is the dumbest thing said here in a while.

No, every post here is dumb. Except this one:

The judge will decide. Then the individual pilots will make future career decisions based on his verdict.

It's no more complicated than that. Everything else uttered here is nonsense. On both sides.

No, every post here is dumb. Except this one:

The judge will decide. Then the individual pilots will make future career decisions based on his verdict.

It's no more complicated than that. Everything else uttered here is nonsense. On both sides.

Yup. Meantime, all we do here is waste bandwidth to assuage all of our fears and overblown egos.

Let us, among the pilot group, pretend that this web board is the sterile cockpit environment for all issues that relate to Nicolau, the "Addington lawsuit," the "Breeger lawsuit," the "USAPA lawsuit," Section 22 issues, etc.

Nothing will come of our ranting. The judge will decide based on the rule of law, on which no one here seems to be fully qualified.

Alia iacta est.

I have a simple question, I was curious as to why the west decided to go with DFR vs just the legal validity of the NIC award? I have read many comments on how the NIC is not on trial. It's all about the DFR. So if the judge decides there is not enough juice for a DFR, do we go round 2 for implementation of NIC or if he decides DOH favors too much east, a different approach could be used.

Snoop-

Theres no convincing you. Your minds made up. Not USAPA nor the company could win on that after the age 60 law changed. Age discrimination is federal law. An illegal contract provision cant survive. But if you think usapa screwed you on that, file a DFR lawsuit. You guys seem to be good at that.

At least one west pilot "gets it." You got a PHX Rep, name Brice LeCarre

At least one west pilot "gets it." You got a PHX Rep, name Brice LeCarre

Brice announced that over the weekend. I doubt very much you're going to think he "gets it" for very long.

He's a dyed in the wool Westie and certainly no friend of yours.

Brice announced that over the weekend. I doubt very much you're going to think he "gets it" for very long.

He's a dyed in the wool Westie and certainly no friend of yours.

East and NYC,

I agree with you both. I just enjoy reading the idiotic comments made here for comedic value only. And for reference, that includes both sides of the Mississppi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back