US Pilots Labor Thread 1/21 to 1/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snoop,

You just laid out a pretty big cost increase to the company. With no return back to the company.
That is not good for bid-ness.

Thats parkers problem, not ours. He knew the snap-back, profit-sharing and bonuses were in our contract when he agreed to the merger. The TA might be crappy on wording, but our LOA93 is pretty solid language.

Many east pilots on here have pointed out that the west has taken the brunt of the furloughs. Because the west is the more expensive labor force. If the east gets your increases what do you think the company is going to do? Continue transferring flying to the east? Or whipsaw the groups and transfer that flying back to the now cheaper group?

I think that this falls under the be careful what you wish for.

Clear, according to the TA they cant transfer anything and you know it. Or are you saying that your precious ALPO did a crappy job at negotiating the TA? Weve got a snapback to pre-LOA93 rates coming and they cant stop it. As far as the two lump-sum payments we have coming to us in 2010 and 2011 ($35 million each), thats our money from LOA-93. Dont expect to see any of it out west. I think weve shared enough.

We got a great chance of winning both the RJ grievance and the TA reduced hours dispute in arbitration. Why else is the company running delay tactics? The sick manager excuse only goes so far. RJ arbitration is back in session late next week. Reduced hours in February. A win on the RJ grievance equals 197 jobs. A win on reduced hours could be worth over 200 jobs, wiping out the furloughs. If your so one-issue and have your heads buried in the sand, usapa efforts could get every pilot back to work and youd just deny we did. You want us to fail, even if it means continues west furloughs.

OBTW, Im not wishing for anything. Im just telling you whats going to happen. Nothing the company can do to relatiate. snooper

Maybe you should take your own suggestion regarding therapy. For someone that left US you also seem to have a need to be "involved" - not surprisingly you don't consider that need either troublesome or curious. Seems it's one's views on the seniority issue that results in one's interest being troublesome or not.

My point exactly - the current situation is the same as that which existed with the MDA pilots except the current situation deals with two mainline groups and not mainline/MDA.

Old argument that's overly simplistic, but maybe simplicity is what you need.

I could care less which you prefer.

Jim
Ouch, what a smackdown by the old retired guy who can't get "outside" anymore. Sorry, pal...I'm sure it sucks....or not.

As I know you'd rather win a debate than be right about the debate, I'll sign off with the company of a nice lady....

You can do whatever you do....carry on, I guess.

Cheers

The America West Pilot group and all members of society believe that the 'Real US Airways Pilots' are simply SCABS. They should apologize to the America West Pilots for their unprofessional actions and then say, 'Thank you'. 'Thank you for saving us from a certain death in a difficult industry.' With all that said, maybe the 'Real US Airways Pilots' should simply SUCK IT UP, and do the right thing for once? Do it before their miserable careers come to an end?"

ROTFLMAO...

Too funny.

The sad sad sickness of the west delirium is astounding. Funny, but astounding.

And "all the members of society" see it more clearly every day thanks to posts like these.

Wow.....scabs huh??? hmmmm... how many on the east have crossed a picket line??? on the west????

My questions ARE relevant.

Tazz,

Your questions are not relevant to the legal status of the MDA pilots. Your questions only answer how they were treated. If you can't see the utter failure of logic then there is no hope for you to put together a valid argument.

Non Sequitor asks: "Was "Panamanian Joe" getting paid two dollars an hour to wash dishes at McDonald's?"

Macht Nichts answers: "Yes."

Non Sequitor flops a conclusion: "Well see I told you so, because Panamanian Joe was being paid 2$ and hour he is not a US citizen."

Panamanian Joe was born and raised in California, contrary to the conclusion one might make from his nickname. Being a natural born citizen, he is a legal worker at McDonald's in Los Angeles and entitled to minimum wage.

Don't waste my time if you can't point out the faulty logic of Non Sequitor.

Cheers.

Since we cannot seem to leave the lotto comparisons alone.

A better analogy of what is going on would be.

I won the Arizona lottery and it paid 1 million dollars.

You won the Pennsylvania lottery and it paid 1 million dollars.

Your buddy won the North Carolina lottery and it paid 1 million dollars.

But the million you won is not enough for you, so you and your buddy come after me knowing I have a million and try to take it from me. You then tell me it is okay you do not want the million just 10 payments of 100k.

No matter what restrictions you place on your theft, it is still stealing.

Naw, not a better analogy, but thanks for playing!

Here's one for you. You go down to the pawn shop looking for a mower. You see your neighbors brand new Snapper that was stolen in the window. You didn't steal it, so is is okay to buy it for $20?

Naw, not a better analogy, but thanks for playing!

Here's one for you. You go down to the pawn shop looking for a mower. You see your neighbors brand new Snapper that was stolen in the window. You didn't steal it, so is is okay to buy it for $20?

I am glad I could oblige.

Thing is about the mower, I know it was not stolen, just that my neighbor reported it stolen to defraud the insurance company after he pawned it.

So best to just leave that mower alone.

Besides, I live in Phoenix and have no grass, so do not need a mower.

Guys, just what is intended as a friendly heads up. The mods have previously said the "s" word (that means a hard coating on the skin formed during the Wound Healing Reconstruction phase) is not allowed here because of the potential inflammatory secondary meaning for the word. You might want to edit before the mods arrive because we all know they watch these topics.

I am glad I could oblige.

Thing is about the mower, I know it was not stolen, just that my neighbor reported it stolen to defraud the insurance company after he pawned it.

So best to just leave that mower alone.

Besides, I live in Phoenix and have no grass, so do not need a mower.
:up: :up: Good one! I knew you could do better!

:up: :up: Good one! I knew you could do better!

Again, glad I could oblige.

Here is one for you. It is the not too distant future. The FAA has passed the new age 75 rule to bring retirements in line with when we can expect social security benefits. USAirways is fully integrated. You are jumpseating on a new Airbus A-3??. The gate agent comments that the pilots do not talk to each other because they came from diffrent sides of the airline. You arrive at the flight deck where two old geezers are getting ready for departure. How can you tell East from West.

Here is one for you. It is the not too distant future. The FAA has passed the new age 75 rule to bring retirements in line with when we can expect social security benefits. USAirways is fully integrated. You are jumpseating on a new Airbus A-3??. The gate agent comments that the pilots do not talk to each other because they came from diffrent sides of the airline. You arrive at the flight deck where two old geezers are getting ready for departure. How can you tell East from West.

Easy. The west guy has a red lanyard with neon lights on it....bag tags that proclaim something about inyegrity, others' that mention McIllvena's arse...bright green tie tacks in the shape of a $1000 saguaro cactus (thanks from AOL) and a consistent snarl
on their face....

East guy looks like Sully.

<_<

Easy. The west guy has a red lanyard with neon lights on it....bag tags that proclaim something about inyegrity, others' that mention McIllvena's arse...bright green tie tacks in the shape of a $1000 saguaro cactus (thanks from AOL) and a consistent snarl
on their face....

East guy looks like Sully.

<_<

What planet do you live on?

The guys with flight kits held together by duct tape are on the East side.

I never saw Sully were a yellow lanyard.

As I know you'd rather win a debate than be right about the debate,
Backing things up with a rational argument rather than simple insults might bolster your credibility.

After sifting through your posts you seem to place little value on the corner stone of "experience" which seems to run counter to what little argument you put forth.

The west guy will have three stripes. Sorry, but this b.s. just gets to be too much sometimes, just messing with ya.

The original question was about C&Rs. There seem to be some on the east side that think that if the west guys just understood the C&Rs, they wouldn't be opposed to DOH. I think that is a pipe dream because there is no way to craft DOH with C&Rs that are as good for the west guys as the NIC award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back