UAL Corp. quarterly loss at $152 million

Driver:

I will be the first to admit that the execution of the BE (Business Education) was timed poorly. Having said that, however, I am one of the few among the ranks that is an advocate for continuous training. In the real world, most companies mandate some type of continuous improvement training for their employees. While I do not particularly relish in the thought of having lost 2 days off to attend this rather poorly timed training, my collective bargaining representatives have negotiated $9.00 per hour of training pay whenever the company mandates such training. Conversely, your collective bargaining representative has negotiated 2.8 hours of vacation pay. I don't believe that it is really appropriate for ALPA to decide whether or not the training is relevant to its constituents' job description. I am the first to advocate the importance of unionism, however, in this case, I also believe that management has the right to mandate any type of continuous improvement training they deem necessary.

I am one who tries to make lemonade out of lemons. When my turn comes to attend BE in June, I can choose to pout about it all I want or I can choose to try to get something out of it. I've learned over the course of my career that when I choose to contribute, I usually walk away feeling a bit more enhanced or, even better, with some new tools that I can put into my toolbox of skills.

Just some food for thought... ;)

Thanks... :up:

I laughed for about an hour :lol:

My Edit
-------------------------------
I laughed so hard because of your 'dribble' (drivel?).

-------------------------------
B) UT

I have BE in June also. I also have the month of June off. I'm hoping this fact works in my favor and I end up not having to take it at all.

Call me Helen Keller, but I don't see any improvements, continuous or otherwise...I do see the same stupidity however, continuous stupidity...

I have BE in June also. I also have the month of June off. I'm hoping this fact works in my favor and I end up not having to take it at all.

That's not being much of a 'team' player... :p

Call me Helen Keller, but I don't see any improvements, continuous or otherwise...I do see the same stupidity however, continuous stupidity...

That's pretty negative... :p
(But spot on :up: )

B) UT