UAL Corp. quarterly loss at $152 million

Get this back on subject, and stop personal attacks/insults immediately.

The next post aimed at an individual poster gets to join one of you on a free trip to the cornfield, and the topic will be closed.

There will be no more warnings.

Thank you.

Get this back on subject, and stop personal attacks/insults immediately.

The next post aimed at an individual poster gets to join one of you on a free trip to the cornfield, and the topic will be closed.

There will be no more warnings.

Thank you.
Thanks Richard, I was wondering when someone would step in and stop this ridiculous character assassination.

(Although it was kindof fun to read for a little while. Sorta like watching Jerry Springer. ;) )

Harsh Bus!

I love the job and I love having time just to hang with the girls and not having to be "Mom".
PS Fly,

I hope you know my "legalized" comment was all in good fun. Totally sarcastic. But I have a feeling you already knew that. ;)

767jetz

Fly, you I know I love you :wub:

I was a little disappointed in you posts as early as the beggining of this thread that seemed to encourage those that would try to slander and offend fellow UAL folks. We're on the same team, and while we may differ on whether to run or pass, we share the same goal.

I'm not a right wing republican, I'm an efficient (not nec "free") market economist. It's that viewpoint that forces me to question the latest actions by our beloved leader Glenn. I still go back to the notion that if BET is of benefit, then pick up the phone, call my rep and NEGOTIATE. simple as that.

BTW, my wife is a stay at home mom and always has been. It's made things a little tougher financially at times, but it's been WELL worth it for my family. It's, of course, a personal decision and not the right thing for everyone.

All forgiven and I'm sorry too (but it was so fun...admit, it was).

and fyi- my parents ARE proud of me (except for the flying job) :shock: My family are very forward thinking about woman working outside the home......NOT!

cleavers.jpg

and my husband agrees with my parents.

so today i see aa is installing winglets now on their 767300er's. so that makes 737, 757 and now 767.

are the rocket scientists on wacker considering this option???? anyone heard anything about the state of the double boarding jetways in denver?

so today i see aa is installing winglets now on their 767300er's. so that makes 737, 757 and now 767.

are the rocket scientists on wacker considering this option???? anyone heard anything about the state of the double boarding jetways in denver?

In all honesty, I don't think ANY cap investment is part of the plan. just about every other airline has 787 orders. the plan is to piddle around until the airline is sold. JMHO.

It costs money. Capital that UA cannot spend and 'The Customer' is unwilling to pay for.

JMHO,
B) UT

In all honesty, I don't think ANY cap investment is part of the plan. just about every other airline has 787 orders. the plan is to piddle around until the airline is sold. JMHO.

That's they way many of us see it as well.
Part it out and sell it like an old Mustang while playing lip service to the employees........

Keep Strong, Keep United........ :p

B) UT

Actually I believe the company has opted to put that capital expenditure (winglets) into a minority stake in Aloha Airlines, to help Aloha stabilize its finances while Go! continues to depress yields. Additionally, the minority investment helps both companies to solidify their market position in Hawaii.

Actually I believe the company has opted to put that capital expenditure (winglets) into a minority stake in Aloha Airlines, to help Aloha stabilize its finances while Go! continues to depress yields. Additionally, the minority investment helps both companies to solidify their market position in Hawaii.

Ya know, if UA had so much surplus cash that it didn't know what to do with it, and had already placed orders for newer, more fuel efficient airplanes, and had installed winglets on the ones it planned to keep a while, then investing in Hawaii-based airlines might not sound so misguided to me.

But what do I know?

You're not doctors; you're not scientists. You do not contribute anything lasting to society. Quit patting yourself on the back about being at "the top of the [the] profession." You are HOURLY LABOR, like the rest of us.

Yes, we are paid by the hour to FLY THE F'N AIRPLANE. Mechs are paid to FIX THE F'N AIRPLANE. You my "dear" are paid to SERVE THE PASSENGERS. Do you understand that?

Busdrvr,
Are you not paid to "SERVE THE PASSENGERS"? I believe it is called airline "service". When you flew for the Military that was different and I thank you for that! That being said, You are doing yourself as well as all F/A's a huge diservice by minimizing our job. I doubt you could do it! Even the basics, let alone unruly pax, a host of medicals or pregnancy's! Even day to day most folks couldn't deal with the BS that we deal with without popping some guy with a fist in the mouth! I have my Private Pilot's license. I'm not comparing my experience with yours, yet who knows what would have happened back before College, Fraternity's and Girls! Oh yah, I have been a F/A for 17 years and LUV it!

Against other carriers AA 1st quarter is their strongest due to strong demand in the Miami and Carribean market during the winter - and that my friend comes from Dallas TX.. No, I wasnt floored i just though that the 767 had in seat entertainment.. thats all..
This is really an entertaining pi--ssing match between you two! :up:

Ya know, if UA had so much surplus cash that it didn't know what to do with it, and had already placed orders for newer, more fuel efficient airplanes, and had installed winglets on the ones it planned to keep a while, then investing in Hawaii-based airlines might not sound so misguided to me.

But what do I know?
exactly. the only cap investments i've heard of since bk exit is the new business class (anyone have any pics?), the dual boarding jetway (the one that fell on a 757). they said though there wasnt a cash investment in aloha so it's probably a long-term code share contract in return for equity maybe? so how does this benefit ua? the thing that intrigued me a bit is that gordo is the chairman

You're not doctors; you're not scientists. You do not contribute anything lasting to society. Quit patting yourself on the back about being at "the top of the [the] profession." You are HOURLY LABOR, like the rest of us.

Yes, we are paid by the hour to FLY THE F'N AIRPLANE. Mechs are paid to FIX THE F'N AIRPLANE. You my "dear" are paid to SERVE THE PASSENGERS. Do you understand that?

Busdrvr,
Are you not paid to "SERVE THE PASSENGERS"? I believe it is called airline "service". When you flew for the Military that was different and I thank you for that! That being said, You are doing yourself as well as all F/A's a huge diservice by minimizing our job. I doubt you could do it! Even the basics, let alone unruly pax, a host of medicals or pregnancy's! Even day to day most folks couldn't deal with the BS that we deal with without popping some guy with a fist in the mouth! I have my Private Pilot's license. I'm not comparing my experience with yours, yet who knows what would have happened back before College, Fraternity's and Girls! Oh yah, I have been a F/A for 17 years and LUV it!

Orangeman,
don't missunderstand what I'm saying. I made every effort I could to make the pax come back to UAL. I tried my best to get the checklist done so I could say goodbye to all the pax. I like talking to people and I like helping others. I ENJOYED it. While flying for the military, I was the type guy who went to to back and helped the loads unload the jet.

I'm simply saying that it's not part of the pilots job description. It IS part of the F/A's in most cases. Therefore, it seems the F/A's should be happy when I help and not pitch a hissy fit when I don't.

And WRT BET, if it's valuable, pay me for it.

Driver:

I will be the first to admit that the execution of the BE (Business Education) was timed poorly. Having said that, however, I am one of the few among the ranks that is an advocate for continuous training. In the real world, most companies mandate some type of continuous improvement training for their employees. While I do not particularly relish in the thought of having lost 2 days off to attend this rather poorly timed training, my collective bargaining representatives have negotiated $9.00 per hour of training pay whenever the company mandates such training. Conversely, your collective bargaining representative has negotiated 2.8 hours of vacation pay. I don't believe that it is really appropriate for ALPA to decide whether or not the training is relevant to its constituents' job description. I am the first to advocate the importance of unionism, however, in this case, I also believe that management has the right to mandate any type of continuous improvement training they deem necessary.

I am one who tries to make lemonade out of lemons. When my turn comes to attend BE in June, I can choose to pout about it all I want or I can choose to try to get something out of it. I've learned over the course of my career that when I choose to contribute, I usually walk away feeling a bit more enhanced or, even better, with some new tools that I can put into my toolbox of skills.

Just some food for thought... ;)

Latest posts