UAL Corp. quarterly loss at $152 million

I'm sure you would. However, the truism still holds. Those who dish it out are least able to take it.

OIP.

Hey lard@ss, shouldn't you be at the gym so you can get into that size 2 for the pax? Or are pilots the only employees in the customer service business.

Again, you crack me up. You brag about how fat you are on the AMR board yet make remarks about fat pilots. Funny. :lol:

Many of you are. Sitting on your rear-ends waiting for the next meal to arrive, and then throwing a temper tantrum when you don't get your choice.

Like marriage? Considering that most of you have two or three ex-wives running around, I guess excelling at everything you've done does not include working on inter-personal relationships.

Hey Straaight,

You obviously are a glutton for punishment, as Busdrvr has been thrashing your sorry a$$ (sorry Bus, not literally I know... that's his partner's job :lol: ) for 4 pages or so now.

And you don't know the first thing about United Airlines. All you do is come here with your pathetic stereotypes and make a fool of yourself.

FYI, we don't complain about our meal choice because we select it via computer. We ALWAYS get our choice.

I feel very sorry for the people who actually have to work with you at American Airlines. And I have even more pity for those you consider family, having to endure a person with such hatred.

Here's a little relationship/interpersonal advice from a happily married man... (Not that marriage is a concept you will ever understand or enjoy) When you approach people with the expectation of not liking them (pilots in this case), you will ALWAYS receive a response commensurate to your own behavior, which in turn will only serve to support your misinformed and ignorant belief system. Doesn't matter what you say. You can't hide from nonverbal communication.

So in your world of self proclaimed "pilot hating" you will only always find pilots who fit your stereotype. And ironically they end up loathing you as well. It works the same way with anyone. You create your own pathetic world. Too bad for you. :rolleyes:

So in your world of self proclaimed "pilot hating" you will only always find pilots who fit your stereotype. And ironically they end up loathing you as well. It works the same way with anyone. You create your own pathetic world. Too bad for you

Spot on ma brutha. The key to having a good wife is trying to be a good husband. Same thing applies at work, and that's why I ALWAYS did my best to support the F/A's and Mechs, and 99 times out of 100 (actually 100 times out of 100) they treated me great in return. :up:

Hey lard@ss, shouldn't you be at the gym so you can get into that size 2 for the pax? Or are pilots the only employees in the customer service business.

Again, you crack me up. You brag about how fat you are on the AMR board yet make remarks about fat pilots. Funny. :lol:

Again, you get no prizes for reading comprehension.

Hey Straaight,

You obviously are a glutton for punishment, as Busdrvr has been thrashing your sorry a$$ (sorry Bus, not literally I know... that's his partner's job :lol: ) for 4 pages or so now.

And you don't know the first thing about United Airlines. All you do is come here with your pathetic stereotypes and make a fool of yourself.

FYI, we don't complain about our meal choice because we select it via computer. We ALWAYS get our choice.

I feel very sorry for the people who actually have to work with you at American Airlines. And I have even more pity for those you consider family, having to endure a person with such hatred.

Here's a little relationship/interpersonal advice from a happily married man... (Not that marriage is a concept you will ever understand or enjoy) When you approach people with the expectation of not liking them (pilots in this case), you will ALWAYS receive a response commensurate to your own behavior, which in turn will only serve to support your misinformed and ignorant belief system. Doesn't matter what you say. You can't hide from nonverbal communication.

So in your world of self proclaimed "pilot hating" you will only always find pilots who fit your stereotype. And ironically they end up loathing you as well. It works the same way with anyone. You create your own pathetic world. Too bad for you. :rolleyes:

The best part about all this, other than manipulating the two of you into making ridiculous statements, is that you assume I am male. I guess you find it difficult to imagine a female kicking your butt, but, then again, under-endowed, over-compensating individuals, such as you and "bus," would probably enjoy that too much.

I've certainly enjoyed undermining your fragile sense of manhood here, but, now, you simply bore me.

Perhaps OIP is something common among UAL pilots. It certainly appears to be so.

Good night.

And apparently, you get none for looks. I'm starting to think you don't even have a "partner"... How many cats do you own? :lol:

Apparently, I am giving your "wife" a much-needed break by engaging you in cyber-space, assuming you sleep in the same bed, which is doubtful if she's smart.

However, you're her problem now. Certainly, based on your posts, you are United's problem, as well.

I still make double what you make, my family is proud of me, and I have a great life.

That's all great Bus but pretty immature. If you want to play that game then you have to live with the reality that a lot of us probably make double what YOU make, simply because of what our husbands studied in college (think how to destroy union contracts).

So who is really smarter here? I work when I want, drop any or all trips I want, wop almost everything and still make double what you make. Hmmmmmmmm ;) I've got a great gig! :up:

The only group of people whose income is of interest is Top Management--and the only reason that I am interested, is that I'm praying that I see the headline in the Sun Times: "Tilton, Brace under Investigation"...Other than that, I don't really care what someone else makes.

What is the purpose of BET? Is it to make the pilots more productive? If the answer is No, then don't waste my F'n time. If the answer is yes, then a pilot, upon completion of the program, is now more skilled than the lowest paid folks at other carriers, and therefore should be compensated for their additional skills.
Not to try to have an actual sane discussion or anything, but how can pilots be made to be more productive? What additional skills can pilots acquire that would make them more valued vs. the lowest paid folks at OALs?

That's all great Bus but pretty immature. If you want to play that game then you have to live with the reality that a lot of us probably make double what YOU make, simply because of what our husbands studied in college (think how to destroy union contracts).

So who is really smarter here? I work when I want, drop any or all trips I want, wop almost everything and still make double what you make. Hmmmmmmmm ;) I've got a great gig! :up:

Ah, so in other words, you make more on your back than on your feet!! Your parents must be proud!! But to clarify, I was pointing out to the old Cat Lady ("staaight"), that generally speaking, the pilots she derides get paid double what she does. My own situation is a little differant. I'm on a LOA from UAL and my pay package exceeded $250 k last year. And the best part is I didn't do any of it on my back! :up:

I am curious though, if you're so loaded, and your hubby does so well, why do you still work for UAL? The travel benefits? :lol: Or do you do it to get away from him?

Oh Fly... That's not exactly mature either. But since you posted it, I must say that it sounds a bit like legalized prostitution. :shock:

All this back and forth about who makes what is pretty dumb. But Fly, what makes you think Busdrvr's wife doesn't out earn him. He could be a kept man. You see many of us marry well. Not just financially but the whole package. My wife and I always quietly laugh when people in my world comment with a typical "rich airline pilot" BS. Little do they know that my wife is the major bread winner by a large margin. But we keep that as our little secret.

The point is that no one should make assumptions about wealth. The guy in the ripped jeans driving a 20 year old car down the block could be sitting on millions of dollars in his basement. You just never know. And it's completely irrelevant on this forum.

But it sure does make this job more bearable knowing you don't HAVE to do it. :up:

Harsh Bus!

I was lucky to get hired right before United's big growth so I've been able to get leaves when my children were born each time to stay home with them for their first few years. I'm able to hold trips that people want, so I drop them and only keep the trips I feel like flying. And yes, I do like to get away once in awhile. I love the job and I love having time just to hang with the girls and not having to be "Mom".

Coming from such a right-wing Republican, such as yourself, I'm surprised that you'd cut down the profession of motherhood. I had no intention of letting anyone else raise my children and this job has afforded me that privledge (with the bonus of awesome 'get aways' every once in awhile). I hope your wife and mother don't work.

p.s.- pilots don't make double what I make, they make at least 10 times what I make. I don't make squat. But for you to come on here and start acting as if you are better than flight attendants simply because you make more is simply ignorance on your part. Come now, it's not that hard to fly an airplane.

Harsh Bus!

I was lucky to get hired right before United's big growth so I've been able to get leaves when my children were born each time to stay home with them for their first few years. I'm able to hold trips that people want, so I drop them and only keep the trips I feel like flying. And yes, I do like to get away once in awhile. I love the job and I love having time just to hang with the girls and not having to be "Mom".

Coming from such a right-wing Republican, such as yourself, I'm surprised that you'd cut down the profession of motherhood. I had no intention of letting anyone else raise my children and this job has afforded me that privledge (with the bonus of awesome 'get aways' every once in awhile). I hope your wife and mother don't work.

p.s.- pilots don't make double what I make, they make at least 10 times what I make. I don't make squat. But for you to come on here and start acting as if you are better than flight attendants simply because you make more is simply ignorance on your part. Come now, it's not that hard to fly an airplane.

Hey fly...

Great points. You are right on.

The only problem is that you (we) are attempting to argue with a couple of under-developed, genetically short-changed individuals who feel that their own particular brand of off-topic sniping actually argues their point.

Given most pilots' (especially these two) lack of social skills, they will be hard pressed to even get jobs as Walmart greeters when their severely diminished PBGC pensions kick in. Since pilots are notoriously poor at managing and investing money, after the two or three ex-wives are paid off, along with the various "toys" that most of them seem to "need" to possess, many of them are destined to be eating cat food themselves.

Hey fly...

Great points. You are right on.

The only problem is that you (we) are attempting to argue with a couple of under-developed, genetically short-changed individuals who feel that their own particular brand of off-topic sniping actually argues their point.

Given most pilots' (especially these two) lack of social skills, they will be hard pressed to even get jobs as Walmart greeters when their severely diminished PBGC pensions kick in. Since pilots are notoriously poor at managing and investing money, after the two or three ex-wives are paid off, along with the various "toys" that most of them seem to "need" to possess, many of them are destined to be eating cat food themselves.

COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATOR
[/quote

You have got to be the lowest life form on earth... I really don't have to say that though, your post clearly shows you are irritated at the world and are extremely jealous...

Latest posts