UAL Corp. quarterly loss at $152 million

Confusing homophobia with a simple comment aimed at some "gender-bender." Good one. And, based on my experience at least, most homosexuals have no interest in "gender-bending."

But, believe what you want. :rolleyes:

Now, back to United's big loss...
So what does your comment "men calling each other honey" have to do with UAL's loss? You still did not answer the previous question, you simply offered another slur....

"Gender- bender?" That's got so much to do with UAL as well.....

:mf_boff:

Come on people... Wake up to reality and learn to look at the big picture.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:mf_boff:
Thanks for the 'Deja vu'... :p
Been hearing this 'crapola' off and on for years and now it comes full circle.

Hey Jetz,
Did you go to the BET class yet?

B) UT

Against other carriers AA 1st quarter is their strongest due to strong demand in the Miami and Carribean market during the winter - and that my friend comes from Dallas TX...
Wow...I didn't realize Southwest was that involve in AA's business. Your info might have a little more foundation if it had come from Fort Worth TX.

ok people - enough of the sidebar.

seriously - do the unions still hold 3 seats on the board? how many on the board? how can we get the board to OUST Tilton, Brace, and the ATA reject (can't think of his name)????????????

seriously - do the unions still hold 3 seats on the board? how many on the board? how can we get the board to OUST Tilton, Brace, and the ATA reject (can't think of his name)????????????

ALPA does. I'm pretty sure the IAM does. I'm not sure about the AFA and AMFA. But they aren't "real" board seats anyway. They just get to talk and listen.

John Tague.

On another group I participate in, this same line of discussion came up. The reccommendation was to fire the top 75 people at UAL, and hope that the layer underneath would finally be able to get something done.

I've heard from a couple people who left AA to join UA that there really are a lot of talented people in the trenches at WHQ, and they're simply hamstrung by a lack of direction, compounded by an inability for individual departments to work in concert with each other.

That was never a problem at AA, which is probably why you see such radically different quarterly results.

ALPA does. I'm pretty sure the IAM does. I'm not sure about the AFA and AMFA. But they aren't "real" board seats anyway. They just get to talk and listen.

ALPA, IAM, and SAM (... :p ).

Amfa was post eFlop and the AFA never 'joined'... :wub:

Where you been Driver?

B) UT

Hey Jetz,
Did you go to the BET class yet?

B) UT
NOPE!

Don't think I will either. By the time they get around to sending me, ALPA will have pulled the plug on it. BET is a joke and complete waste of a pilot's time. We are no longer "front line" employees. We are locked behind a bullet proof door, and BET has absolutely ZERO impact on how we do our job.

And if ALPA is unsuccessful pulling the plug, I bet there will be MANY pilots simply too sick to attend.

NOPE!

Don't think I will either. By the time they get around to sending me, ALPA will have pulled the plug on it. BET is a joke and complete waste of a pilot's time. We are no longer "front line" employees. We are locked behind a bullet proof door, and BET has absolutely ZERO impact on how we do our job.

And if ALPA is unsuccessful pulling the plug, I bet there will be MANY pilots simply too sick to attend.

Wow, Jetz, Crap like that makes me want to just open that little ole door and give you a good ole taste of reality. Get your ### to class.

Wow, Jetz, Crap like that makes me want to just open that little ole door and give you a good ole taste of reality. Get your ### to class.
Come on Fly... You don't really think Business Education Training is really worth while, do you???

I can't speak for everyone, but it has no bearing whatsoever on my job description. I operate complex equipment from point A to point B as safely and efficiently and comfortably as possible. My decisions are based solely on safety, schedule integrity, comfort, and efficiency in that order. BET will not effect those 4 priorities one little bit. ZERO. ZILCH. Therefore it is a waste of my time and the company's money.

Besides that, the company doesn't even want to pay me to go. (Which is ALPA's biggest gripe.) Hey, if they want me to sit through 100 hours of that BET crap and pay me for 100 hours and send me during my regular work days instead of my days off, then that's fine with me. I'll go to any circus if they pay me to. No problem.

Only thing is, they want to send us on our day off, taking time away from our families, and in return they give us ONE vacation day (NEXT YEAR) which is only worth 2.8 hours of pay. I DON'T THINK SO. Now maybe I would consider going for exactly 2.8 hours. But since that's not an option right now, my guess is there will be plenty of sick people who won't make it to class.

Now if the FA's, CS agents, or anyone else feels that BET would not affect their job performance, then I guess the result will be the same WRT attendance. My comments were specific to pilots because it is the only group I can speak of with whom i am familiar.

767jetz

Only thing is, they want to send us on our day off, taking time away from our families, and in return they give us ONE vacation day (NEXT YEAR) which is only worth 2.8 hours of pay. I DON'T THINK SO.
Does that violate your contract?

My thoughts exactly. I think most on this board will never learn to read between the lines.

Lets see... a company in such bad shape (showing such a loss) but paid off $1.4 BILLION in debt and still has over $4 Billion in cash with and a positive cash flow... Doesn't add up to even the casual observer.

Then there is the internal politics. ALPA is in the midst of a gearing up the Strike Preparedness Committee, planning informational picketing against the company, and is negotiating for improvements in the contract which will cost the company money. This comes on the heals of an outrageous executive compensation package. What better way for this management team to defend their position than to show (through creative accounting and strategically timed charges to the balance sheet) how poor United can't even afford the greedy labor contracts it currently supports, let alone any costly improvements. :rolleyes:

Come on people... Wake up to reality and learn to look at the big picture.

no you come on Jetz. Even when you take away the special charges, UA still lost money. AA made money and it seems every legacy carrier so far has made money.

After 3 years in CH11 I dont think it's too much to expect for UA to be on par with their peers in the very least.

Do you support Tilton and crew? If so - can you shed some light on what the short and long term strategies are besides consolidation?