UAL Corp. quarterly loss at $152 million

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
United Airlines, said its first-quarter loss came to $152 million, or $1.32 a share. In the first three months of 2006, part of which the Chicago-based airline operator was in bankruptcy, its net income was $22.63 billion, most of which was a gain from rejection of claims and liabilities. Revenue in the three months ended March 31 fell 2.1% to $4.37 billion from $4.47 billion.

story here

WTF

3 years of chapter 11 and this is what we get? how can AA and just about every other airline make money and UA lose?

TILTON HAS TO GO

How can this keeping happening? I can't believe that I work for a 3 year chapter 11 and one year out and still loosening money and our tops dogs get top pay. This airline is heading back into chapter 11. I Think Tilton is doing this just so we get sold sooner or later. How can the govt keep letting them do this. More pay cuts ???
Let them try! Tilton and management needs to go

But, but, but, . . . the loss was smaller than last year's first quarter loss. ;)

Ya know, when you screw your employees and your creditors in bankruptcy and then you still post losses the following year - something's fundamentally wrong.

Yes, but at least you still have glassware in First Class domestically! I mean, let's focus here... :lol:

How can this keeping happening? I can't believe that I work for a 3 year chapter 11 and one year out and still loosening money and our tops dogs get top pay. This airline is heading back into chapter 11. I Think Tilton is doing this just so we get sold sooner or later. How can the govt keep letting them do this. More pay cuts ???

As long as there is an anti-labor President in the White House, this will continue to happen.

Any airline employee (non-management) who still thinks s/he is a "white-collar" worker is truly delusional.

Believe me, I’m no fan of Tilton & Co. However, $32M of the loss was due to weather and another third or so because of changes in how United accounts for revenue from its frequent-flyer program. That said, losing $69M ($152M less the $32M for weather and $51M from the frequent-flyer accounting), after three years in bankruptcy, particularly when your biggest competitor made money, is not good. I wonder if Tilton will be asking for another bonus for reducing the company’s first-quarter loss. :down:

If past performance is any indication, he'll trot out the "consolidation" chestnut again... :blink:

oh yes and sell us on the virtues of TED and buying expensive dual boarding jetways that break and fall on the aircraft.

or waste money creating premium boarding lanes. jeez i'm a 1k and even i think it's rediculous and over the top snooty.

remember when i was advocating for TPG group???????????????????????????????????????????

Where's that sociopath "Donttouchthebeauty" to tell us now how his beloved United is still King and all the other airlines (which are making money, unlike United) suck????

I wonder when will they figure out the cost of Managing an Airline? You don't need to be Einstein to figure out that talking heads' productivity vs. cost is pretty expensive. How many management mushrooms with the inability for decision-making do we really need? Front-line employees are the decision makers, after all. The beurocratic administators that pass off the responsibility to the troops should feel the axe if they want to get serious about continuously improving the service here...Just my 2 cents. We simply need more people who have the ability to service the customer, instead of a closet full of sociopaths who drum up ways to make the place more inefficient. Okay, now I feel better...

oh yes and sell us on the virtues of TED and buying expensive dual boarding jetways that break and fall on the aircraft.

or waste money creating premium boarding lanes. jeez i'm a 1k and even i think it's rediculous and over the top snooty.

remember when i was advocating for TPG group???????????????????????????????????????????

Maybe the BE class will get cancel now before they cancel another international route such as MVD.....You betcha the company will come out in the next month with some structure changes to our routes or cancel somemthing jizzzzzz oh why not the Business Education class

Where's that sociopath "Donttouchthebeauty" to tell us now how his beloved United is still King and all the other airlines (which are making money, unlike United) suck????

LOL strAAightaalk, get a life, it is extremely poor that UA posted a loss, however the first quarter is generally AA strongest and UA weakest quarter ... I guess in the end we will see.... I would rather be where i am than you are though, (whistling dixie) :rolleyes:

LOL strAAightaalk, get a life, it is extremely poor that UA posted a loss, however the first quarter is generally AA strongest and UA weakest quarter ... I guess in the end we will see.... I would rather be where i am than you are though, (whistling dixie) :rolleyes:

Trust me, all of us at AA are VERY happy that YOU are where you are, too, no doubt pissing off otherwise loyal UA customers and sending them our way. :rolleyes:

And, I already have a life, one that has given me an education that allows me to speak and write in a coherent manner...unlike you whose "fact-citing" has only a passing acquaintance with reality.

1st quarter traditionally AA's strongest, and UA's weakest? Hardly. 1st quarter is traditionally the weakest for most, if not all, carriers.

But, I suppose I should not expect any better from an under-educated, immature nutcase such as yourself.

If any of the words I have used are too large for you, or are unfamiliar, just let me know. I would be happy to break it down into language you might understand. :rolleyes: