UAL Corp. quarterly loss at $152 million

LOL strAAightaalk, get a life, it is extremely poor that UA posted a loss, however the first quarter is generally AA strongest and UA weakest quarter ... I guess in the end we will see.... I would rather be where i am than you are though, (whistling dixie) :rolleyes:
Guess they won't be putting the PTV's in the 747s yet then, ha donttouch? Probably wait till next quarter. Meantime, that one screen for 350 people should suffice.... :lol:

Guess they won't be putting the PTV's in the 747s yet then, ha donttouch? Probably wait till next quarter. Meantime, that one screen for 350 people should suffice.... :lol:

Laugh and smirk all you want - however you can tell me how well your foot tastes some time soon....within the year.. who gives a flying flip about ptvs.. At least UA international product is 3 classes instead of 2 and those 747s go places AA wishes it could go... So it doesnt really mater now does it?

Trust me, all of us at AA are VERY happy that YOU are where you are, too, no doubt pissing off otherwise loyal UA customers and sending them our way. :rolleyes:

And, I already have a life, one that has given me an education that allows me to speak and write in a coherent manner...unlike you whose "fact-citing" has only a passing acquaintance with reality.

1st quarter traditionally AA's strongest, and UA's weakest? Hardly. 1st quarter is traditionally the weakest for most, if not all, carriers.

But, I suppose I should not expect any better from an under-educated, immature nutcase such as yourself.

If any of the words I have used are too large for you, or are unfamiliar, just let me know. I would be happy to break it down into language you might understand. :rolleyes:

Honey, just for your info... my file is filled with wonderful commendations from passengers. Jealousy is a very powerful thing STRAAIGHT, and you have a bad case of it... Name calling is your little way to try and jab at me, however it makes me laugh my ass off.. I am a college educated individual and trust me, if i viewed this board as a factual wealth of information, well lets just say your name wouldnt be on it... I love to state things that makes you call names etc., My post was rather mild and yours.. well...it speaks for itself.... So please go on calling me names and showing yourself... I don't know how you act at work, but if it is anything like you act on here; I don't have to worry about my customers running to you... and if they do... Well I will leave that to you.. I truly feel for you StrAAight!! :D

Laugh and smirk all you want - however you can tell me how well your foot tastes some time soon....within the year.. who gives a flying flip about ptvs.. At least UA international product is 3 classes instead of 2 and those 747s go places AA wishes it could go... So it doesnt really mater now does it?
Not smirking at all; on the AA board a few weeks you seemed to be totally floored that AA didn't have "in seat entertainment". Now it's ok, apparently. Right....

AA probably does not wish they would go places you go, simply because their current route structure is profitable. Just a guess.

BTW, where do you get your information stating that Q1 is AA's strongest, and UA's weakest? I'd love to know....

Not smirking at all; on the AA board a few weeks you seemed to be totally floored that AA didn't have "in seat entertainment". Now it's ok, apparently. Right....

AA probably does not wish they would go places you go, simply because their current route structure is profitable. Just a guess.

BTW, where do you get your information stating that Q1 is AA's strongest, and UA's weakest? I'd love to know....

Against other carriers AA 1st quarter is their strongest due to strong demand in the Miami and Carribean market during the winter - and that my friend comes from Dallas TX.. No, I wasnt floored i just though that the 767 had in seat entertainment.. thats all..

Against other carriers AA 1st quarter is their strongest due to strong demand in the Miami and Carribean market during the winter - and that my friend comes from Dallas TX.. No, I wasnt floored i just though that the 767 had in seat entertainment.. thats all..

:lol: So, donttouch is an expert on AA and its finances because his "friend comes from Dallas."

That's great. I needed a good laugh.

I have a friend who comes from Wisconsin. I guess that makes me an expert on cheese. :lol:

Honey, just for your info... my file is filled with wonderful commendations from passengers. Jealousy is a very powerful thing STRAAIGHT, and you have a bad case of it... Name calling is your little way to try and jab at me, however it makes me laugh my ass off.. I am a college educated individual and trust me, if i viewed this board as a factual wealth of information, well lets just say your name wouldnt be on it... I love to state things that makes you call names etc., My post was rather mild and yours.. well...it speaks for itself.... So please go on calling me names and showing yourself... I don't know how you act at work, but if it is anything like you act on here; I don't have to worry about my customers running to you... and if they do... Well I will leave that to you.. I truly feel for you StrAAight!! :D

Why not be a man and post what you said to me in that cute little private message you sent me? I'm not surprised, though, because where I come from, MEN don't call each other "honey."

Oh, and, by the way, "harrassment" only has one "e." :rolleyes:

:lol: So, donttouch is an expert on AA and its finances because his "friend comes from Dallas."

I have a friend who comes from Wisconsin. I guess that makes me an expert on cheese. :lol:
Why not be a man and post what you said to me in that cute little private message you sent me? I'm not surprised, though, because where I come from, MEN don't call each other "honey."

Oh, and, by the way, "harrassment" only has one "e." :rolleyes:

Wow you really do want to get kicked off this board don't you straaight ? ? ?

Actually, if you will read my post it says And That (being the statement i made) my friend (being the opposite poster) came from Dallas... It seems someone should read a little closer. I am no expert on anyones finances but my own, however i do not appreciate any of your little games or namecalling i will tell you once again, so I would recommend you knock it off - rather quickly - I would just love for you to keep it up though... you are just like a tuba..

how can AA and just about every other airline make money and UA lose?

UAUA was cash flow positive, reduced debt by $1.4 Bil, did an accounting trick with the frequent flyer mile program, and had a tenative agreement with the pilots rejected just prior to earnings announcement. Note the last item. Had the tenative agreement passed (the pilots want a pay increase), what do you think that the quarterly results would have been?

UAUA was cash flow positive, reduced debt by $1.4 Bil, did an accounting trick with the frequent flyer mile program, and had a tenative agreement with the pilots rejected just prior to earnings announcement. Note the last item. Had the tenative agreement passed (the pilots want a pay increase), what do you think that the quarterly results would have been?

My thoughts exactly. I think most on this board will never learn to read between the lines.

Lets see... a company in such bad shape (showing such a loss) but paid off $1.4 BILLION in debt and still has over $4 Billion in cash with and a positive cash flow... Doesn't add up to even the casual observer.

Then there is the internal politics. ALPA is in the midst of a gearing up the Strike Preparedness Committee, planning informational picketing against the company, and is negotiating for improvements in the contract which will cost the company money. This comes on the heals of an outrageous executive compensation package. What better way for this management team to defend their position than to show (through creative accounting and strategically timed charges to the balance sheet) how poor United can't even afford the greedy labor contracts it currently supports, let alone any costly improvements. :rolleyes:

Come on people... Wake up to reality and learn to look at the big picture.

My thoughts exactly. I think most on this board will never learn to read between the lines.

Lets see... a company in such bad shape (showing such a loss) but paid off $1.4 BILLION in debt and still has over $4 Billion in cash with and a positive cash flow... Doesn't add up to even the casual observer.

Then there is the internal politics. ALPA is in the midst of a gearing up the Strike Preparedness Committee, planning informational picketing against the company, and is negotiating for improvements in the contract which will cost the company money. This comes on the heals of an outrageous executive compensation package. What better way for this management team to defend their position than to show (through creative accounting and strategically timed charges to the balance sheet) how poor United can't even afford the greedy labor contracts it currently supports, let alone any costly improvements. :rolleyes:

This is so true.. When I questioned on of the VPs in BE the other day there was a deaf silence and they really couldn't answer.. I said if you think people are dumb and can't see what is happening you are sadly mistaken. We can say all we want unless there is action nothing will happen. I hope the pilots give them hell as well as all other work groups.

How can this keeping happening? I can't believe that I work for a 3 year chapter 11 and one year out and still loosening money and our tops dogs get top pay. This airline is heading back into chapter 11. I Think Tilton is doing this just so we get sold sooner or later. How can the govt keep letting them do this. More pay cuts ???
Let them try! Tilton and management needs to go
I find these results pretty amazing considering what all the other majors are doing. UAL is still one of the BEST US carriers and is recognized all over the globe.....great route network, professional workforce, STAR Alliance member and the best HUB system in the US.....I don't get it. After the 3year tour in BK, I thought U was going to soar BIG TIME.

I'm not surprised, though, because where I come from, MEN don't call each other "honey."

[/quote]
Great, so you're a hater. What does the above statement have to do with the topic, other than expose your homophobia? It's 2007. Come up with a new "stab."

Next thing we'll hear about is the 'summer mega fare sale'...followed by October's BK warnings...they're predictable. :blink:

I'm not surprised, though, because where I come from, MEN don't call each other "honey."

Great, so you're a hater. What does the above statement have to do with the topic, other than expose your homophobia? It's 2007. Come up with a new "stab."

Confusing homophobia with a simple comment aimed at some "gender-bender." Good one. And, based on my experience at least, most homosexuals have no interest in "gender-bending."

But, believe what you want. :rolleyes:

Now, back to United's big loss...

Maybe the BE class will get cancel now before they cancel another international route such as MVD.....You betcha the company will come out in the next month with some structure changes to our routes or cancel somemthing jizzzzzz oh why not the Business Education class

Why do they call it BE Training?
From what I hear it's a company RA RA, role playing, 8 Hr bit(h session. M&R have to come in off-shift and get paid 4 hours OT for a quick turn the next day. :wacko:

$39 Mil for GT, $22 Mil for 'mandatory' BET classes.

WTF :p
B) UT

Latest posts