Union At Jet Blue For Ground Workers?

Fubijaakr said:
To put it simply, Companies that have Unions deserve them.

IF JBLU can avoid unionizing, it will be because they treat their employees fairly and equitably. No industry has ever avoided unionization by fear tactics.
Not exactly true. DL has used fear of layoffs, bankruptcy, SARS, AIDS, and ingrown toenail to keep the flight attendants from organizing. I have several friends who fly for DL. They are all senior. Every time a vote has come up, they buy the company line and say, "Well, personally, I'm in favor of having a union, but not just right now."

LiveInAHotel said:
You're so wrong my friend. I have met many flight attendants in Crew Gardens that do what to be organized. Funny thing is they come to flight attendants at other airlines to discuss how to organize.
If they have to go to F/A's from other airlines to figure out how to organize, then they have never part of a union before. The vast majority of those that have been involved in unions before want no part of it! Go read the posts on the boards of the unionized airlines...it's a constant pi$$ing match. No thanks!!

v1

Hey V1rotate,

Who is it - that set the pay standards for airline employees? Thats right unions. You don't really believe that your company would pay you one more red cent than they had to, do you? Bottom line, without a union - you are at the mercy of the company or any nut-case in management that doesn't like the way you part your hair. Please spare us the old "follow the rules and work hard mantra" and you don't have to worry about it. It happens, and sometimes good people get hurt with no recourse. It's nice to have someone sticking up for your group during contract talks as well. Without a union, you are counting on the company's benevolence to take care of you. We all know there are some negative things related to unions; however, the good outnumber the bad.

Please spare us the old "follow the rules and work hard mantra"

It works for every non-unionized person. Personally I'm not interested in letting someone else negeotiate my contract or fight the company for me, I have confidence in my ability to do it better than some union. My company has to pay me, because I'm valuable, I do a better job than someone that make half of what I make. I'm also not stuck to some seniority list and pension. If my company doesn't want to pay what I'm worth, then I leave.

Oneflyer said:
It works for every non-unionized person. Personally I'm not interested in letting someone else negeotiate my contract or fight the company for me, I have confidence in my ability to do it better than some union. My company has to pay me, because I'm valuable, I do a better job than someone that make half of what I make. I'm also not stuck to some seniority list and pension. If my company doesn't want to pay what I'm worth, then I leave.
[post="177303"][/post]​

Since you're a suit and tie airline management guy, butt out! All of your types will spike the Kool-Aid to keep unions out.

UNION YES!!!!

proud2b1.jpg

B6Busdriver said:
Are you even capable of thinking for yourself?
[post="184504"][/post]​

Of course I'm.

In this business you need a contract and a voice. Without one your so called nice CEO David "I was fired from SWA" Neelman, can stomp all over you and guess what? You can't do a DAMN thing about it! Jetblue employees, the new Kool-Aid drinking work groups.

Here have a nice refreshing glass of...

kool_aid.jpg

"People, people, people", there's NO need to get all "huffy" over this issue, pro OR con.

The simple logical fact of the matter is this;

Unlike DL, with the vast majority of it's employees living, working, and THINKING, like people who are in HOTLANTA Georgia, Jet Blue is based in New York City.

What this means is, NO matter how good neeleman treats his employees, Unions at B6 are a 95% certainty. And given their rapid success/growth, I suggest to you that it will be sooner, rather than later !!!

NH/BB's

Even if there is a "union" at JetBlue, it will probably be an "in house" union....

ALPA has far outlived its usefulness and the IAM and Teamsters aren't that far behind.

JetBlue management doesn't seem to be so concerned about this at all. They treat their employees with respect and the employees respond.

Any of you other airline folks have your Chief Pilot call and see if you and your family that lives in Florida is ok, and can you get to work cuz if you can't we will find someone else to work for you?

JetBlue treats their employees very well... the pay will come with time.

Anyone know how the A320 pay got where it is today? Management raised them, all by their lonesome. No slowdown, no sick calls, just plain old "you have earned it".

If you are envious, you should be.

Boomer :D

LiveInAHotel said:
Of course I'm.

In this business you need a contract and a voice. Without one your so called nice CEO David "I was fired from SWA" Neelman, can stomp all over you and guess what? You can't do a DAMN thing about it! Jetblue employees, the new Kool-Aid drinking work groups.

Here have a nice refreshing glass of...

kool_aid.jpg

[post="184509"][/post]​

Wake up and look around. Ever hear of US Airways or UAL?. Retirement funds are disappearing, wages are going down,and the price of benefits have skyrocketed. What can you do about it? Go on strike? Say goodbye to your employer and you are another Eastern Airlines. Don't pretend that your union is going to do jack for you. You are a fool if you believe otherwise. I'm sure the Kerry/Fonda ticket will turn things around though.

B6Busdriver said:
Wake up and look around. Ever hear of US Airways or UAL?. Retirement funds are disappearing, wages are going down,and the price of benefits have skyrocketed. What can you do about it? Go on strike? Say goodbye to your employer and you are another Eastern Airlines. Don't pretend that your union is going to do jack for you. You are a fool if you believe otherwise. I'm sure the Kerry/Fonda ticket will turn things around though.
[post="184837"][/post]​
Why do you even bother with that guy/gal. He is a disgruntled / furloghed FA from American and has been caught lying so many times in the AA board that I've lost count. I guess he/she have moved here to create some havoc. Just ignore

Why don't we get to the crux of the issue. Can someone tell me what the salary and benefits are for customer service agents and ramp workers at Jetblue?

I have noticed on the yahoo finance page, under insider trading, that several corporate officers are on a automatic stock selling plan. One in particular is selling 1500 shares every week. That works out to over $30,000/week at $20/Share, which doesn't even include his salary. Not too shabby.

Thanks.

Latest posts