Revoking Your Iam Membership

700UW said:
It is proper to reimburse the union when it is not traditional section 6 negotiations, it was done I believe are your carrier also, and it was done this round at US Airways also.

Do you want your dues money paying for concessions?

I will PM.
[post="250388"][/post]​

To me it looks like a payoff. The fact is by accepting money from a company thats claiming financial distress in exchange for cooperation in gaining concessions from the members the union betrayed its members.

Lets look at Roach, Buffy et all. They are coming though this unscathed, and the union accepted money from the company in order to get the concessions through. Its despicable.

In answer to your question "Do you want your dues money paying for concessions?" the answer is that "I want my dues money to be spent fighting concessions. " In this situation the union gets paid dues plus a kickback from the company in order to prevent the union using the members dues money to protect them.

Hey Tim, did you ever think of contacting Andy Stern? Maybe when he brings the SEIU out of the AFL-CIO he will help unite airline workers through the AGW.

I spoke to an official of the SEIU a while back concerning what airline workers face and he even admitted that trying to unify from within was impossible, that workers would have to leave the IAM, IBT and TWU if they ever wanted to be unified.[/color]
[post="250379"][/post]​
[/quote]

Bob, I am keeping a close eye on the IBT/SEIU leadership. I was told that the agenda they seek to change in the AFLCIO will not pass and that especially the IAM and Buffenbarger stood in the way. This was a face to face thing and I asked if he was prepared to leave the AFLCIO and its depressive stance against workers. I was told time will tell....with a smile. I took it as something like Stern and Hoffa are 'tight' and solid in whatever direction they seek and that if the AFLCIO doesn't kiss their a$$ that the IBT will once again be independent from the Chamber of Commerce's AFLCIO.
My gut feeling is that they will come hard and heavy against the IAM and be very successful in this endeavor.

Also, regarding the pay rates. They are the pay rates in print and have not been enhanced or dehanced with infaltionary data. I did see a graph that had a present value of money thing {I believe that was what it was] and from pre-IAM pay to IAM pay in 2013, the graph drops off a cliff. It appeared to me to be something like a 85% loss of wages. The PPO/Vacation graph is even worse. And the IAM pension graph is between a 70%-80% reduction in benefit from being non-union in 1993-IAM 2013. I have also talked to IAM people in other industries and it certainly seems to me that their active membership will drop even more bigtime from something like 350,000 to probably less than 200,000 in the next couple years. They are taking a terrible beating indeed.

Bob, whatever the case, I have been in touch with workers from the big stations and some small ones and I put it at about a 95% shot at getting the IAM out. It will happen when US AIRWAYS gets out of BK. I say this because there is nothing the IAM will be able to do to stop it. And as you know, the AGW is not seeking to represent US AIRWAYS fleet service since our constitution advocates improved working conditions. Ironically, the IAM is so aweful that to improve future working conditions the IAM [courrier service who delivers proposals for dues money]
has to be removed along with the contract.

BTW, I hear that AMFA is kicking off another drive at AA and is already ahed of where they were last time. I can tell you this, my guess is 90% of AA mechanics here in ORD would not only sign cards for AMFA but vote for them. They hate AA's company union.

Regards,

Tim Nelson, Interim Director, AGW

I put it at about a 95% shot at getting the IAM out. It will happen when US AIRWAYS gets out of BK.

Now how many times over the years have we heard this same line...?

BK1 & BK2 are the reasons for our smaller benefits/pay, not the IAM. Please don't lead me to believe that you, would have secured our future any better than it is today.

I'm not an IAM lover, but I do realize the facts about the situation.....

Timmy, you're NOT the answer to the problems at USAirways or do you have the ability to improve conditions for any of the workers. It's so easy to negotiate on the internet or breakrooms, but since you have never done the real thing, how would you know...?

Justaramper said:
I put it at about a 95% shot at getting the IAM out. It will happen when US AIRWAYS gets out of BK.
Now how many times over the years have we heard this same line...?

BK1 & BK2 are the reasons for our smaller benefits/pay, not the IAM. Please don't lead me to believe that you, would have secured our future any better than it is today.

I'm not an IAM lover, but I do realize the facts about the situation.....

Timmy, you're NOT the answer to the problems at USAirways or do you have the ability to improve conditions for any of the workers. It's so easy to negotiate on the internet or breakrooms, but since you have never done the real thing, how would you know...?
[post="250478"][/post]​

I think Daffy Duck can negotiate better. The fact is that the IAM has been no more than a 'courrier service' and whether you believe that or not doesn't change the fact.

As a side, Justaramper, my previous comments were not religious at all in nature, just an acknowledgement of God and my own depravity. Acknowledging God always lets us know of the human predicament and the depravity of mankind....no wonder some unwisely want to take God out of everything. Mindboggling indeed.

And if you really believe the lie you started about me being suspended then kindly give me your email address and I will send you a scan of the actual discipline in the hope that you will stop spreading lies about me. I find it interesting that you say you stand behind what you say but can't stand behind your very own name.
Get out from behind the curtain...it's easy if you try.

regards,

Tim Nelson

PineyBob said:
I would sincerely hope that the IAM would read some of what has been posted here and make some changes in the way they do business with their members/customers.

Like US Airways, the IAM needs to develop it's own Plan of Transformation and become a flexible, growth oriented, & member driven organization. Not an easy task but a worthy one. Unions have over the years been agents of change and have positively impacted the lives of the average worker.

They did that by challenging the status quo of the times. Now we see the reverse in that they try to preserve the status quo almost blindly without thought or imput from the rank & file. Frankly that approach serves neither the members nor the company and ultimately trickes down to the customer and it needs to stop.

An organization that embraces change and is flexible grows and prospers in the new economy. Those that resist will IMO have a short life of trouble.
[post="250625"][/post]​

Are you sure? There is still the question of did or did not the IAM submit a proposal that would have embraced the very idea you bring up.

Hmm does this post by you conflict with your post to Imamec,itsmyfault about his letter?

PineyBob said:
You're quite welcome. I had a very very negative "GUT" reaction to his column. I felt he was taking a "Cheap Shot" at you guys who work very very hard and I didn't like it.

To me Pilot and A & P Mechs should among the highest paid people in the USA. I mean you have hundreds if not thousands of lives in your hands every day. To me $100,000 for a lead mechanic on a A330 seems about right. Unfortunately I am a committee of one apparently. The buying public doesn't seem to see the value. I see the "Dumbing Down" of the industry as a precursor to disaster and I worry about it. I mean it's my arse in the seat. I sure don't have the answers, Hell some days I don't even know the questions. BUT I do know that the article felt like piling on and seemed to me at least that the writer was ignorant of the true situation facing both US Airways and it's employees. He needs to read your letter. While you could argue with the tone and presentation the facts speak for themselves.

I know very little about commercial aviation from you side of the fence. What I do know was taught to me by the folks on this board, like you!
[post="250614"][/post]​

Bob,
There is no hope for the IAM to change. There is no hope for the emphasis to be on the workers as it was 40 and 50 years ago. That is why the IAM has lost thousands and thousands of its members to a non-afl-cio union. And will continue to do so.
The IAM cannot be changed. We have tried to vote out the appointed yes men, and the District and International even violated its own constitution to keep its members choices OFF the ballot. For this reason we will now seek to get rid of the IAM under NMB procedures. :up:

Timmy..
So you now acknowledge that you were given discipline for your actions on the Big Picture in 1998...? Wasn't it at that time period, you were backing the IBT and constantly writing about the glory of the IBT.

So now you've come off that "bandwagon" and begun your own union.

Remember this one, Timmy... "I can tell you this, as soon as the petition for election is filed, the Teamsters will be in. I can say that with 100% confidence"

Timmy Nelson 11-25-1998 @ 10:42:05 EST

Remember, some people keep the past and some forget it........

roadtrip said:
Justaramper writes like some fool I seem to remember that tried to get an IAM AGC postion after selling out Fleet Service with a sub standard give back contract I think he was called Greg Bonar....
[post="250821"][/post]​

I did not agree with what Greg did in 1998 but I have to give him credit for not being a Yes man [IMO]. He is no fool. Greg was never qualified to become an IAM AGC because he actually did have a 'set'.

regards,

700UW said:
But I don't expect anything less from the malcontents who don't do a thing to help themselves or help others, it is easier for you to sit on your duff and sit behind a monitor and spew misinformation then to actually do anything to make things better.
[post="250193"][/post]​
I dont expect anything out of you and the IAM except for drinking the company's Koolade and pushing industry substandard contracts and hoping things will get better. The facts are the IAM has not done ONE thing to help workers in the Airline industry. Apearently it is easy for you to sit behind a monitor and spew misinformation. :down: :down:

See I guess your don't know anything about me.

I voted no on the piece of crap final offer and yes to strike, can you say the same?

I did not push the piece of crap "final offer" and I was against bringing it out to a vote.

And if you know anything about me, you would know the last thing I do is drink management's koolade, and all of my posts reflect that.

And you are the one hiding behind a monitor posting outright misinformation, your moniker says enough, you are of the Frankie, Timmy and Mike school of thinking, easier to throw insults at others then to actually do anything to help your coworkers.

That is why I have developed a dislike for the IAM. We were presented with final offer from the company and the IAM just stood back and would no recommend a "Yes" or "No" vote. I read in the paper that our local president, although did not like the contract he had no choice but to vote "Yes" But the official position of the union is was not recommending which way to vote. Makes us no different than ALPA eating their young.

Myself like many have stopped automatic payroll deduction of the union dues and have sent my letter to the international wishing to become a dues objector.

700UW said:
See I guess your don't know anything about me.

I voted no on the piece of crap final offer and yes to strike, can you say the same?

I did not push the piece of crap "final offer" and I was against bringing it out to a vote.

And if you know anything about me, you would know the last thing I do is drink management's koolade, and all of my posts reflect that.

And you are the one hiding behind a monitor posting outright misinformation, your moniker says enough, you are of the Frankie, Timmy and Mike school of thinking, easier to throw insults at others then to actually do anything to help your coworkers.
[post="251073"][/post]​
I know a lot about you!! I know a lot about a person who can not call overtime right also! I also know you had a lot to do with publishing the very pro-company article in 1998 when the FS voted down the first TA. The article slammed workers for voting it down.
You are inconsistant when it comes to supporting workers, at least Frankie, Timmy and Mike support the workers at all cost.
You support the Company's Union at all cost, even with the violations of their own constitution.
You know and I know at least in district 141, They did everythying they could to make sure this peice of garbage would be voted in!!
As far as posting misinformation, I am merely pointing out contradications in your statements.
BTW it was YOU and the company's union who changed the stance of the CONCESSION STAND CLOSED. :down:

unit4clt said:
I know a lot about you!!  I know a lot about a person who can not call overtime right also!
[post="251087"][/post]​

Must have me confused with someone else, I know the contract very well and know how to call OT.

I also know you had a lot to do with publishing the very pro-company article in 1998 when the FS voted down the first TA. The article slammed workers for voting it down.

Sorry I have never ever written a pro-company article in my life. And you voted down your first contract in 1999 if I do remember correctly, and I have never written anything against workers.

You are inconsistant when it comes to supporting workers, at least Frankie, Timmy and Mike support the workers at all cost.
You support the Company's Union at all cost, even with the violations of their own constitution.

I support the IAM and its members, I don't agree with everything they do, so I try to change things from within, and I am not responsible for others who do things wrong, are you? And if it was a company union, they IAM would have agreed with the company's first Section 1113 C proposals.

As far as posting misinformation, I am merely pointing out contradications in your statements.
BTW it was YOU and the company's union who changed the stance of the CONCESSION STAND CLOSED. :down:

You put words into my posts, I don't post misinformation, unlike yourself.

And you should go educate yourself on the Bankruptcy Code, especially Section 1113 C which forces a union into negotiations when a company files to abrogate your contract. Are you a Breakroom Attorney?

Latest posts