Unions Oppose Executive Incentive Plan At Usair

MarkMyWords said:
Now let's put that behind us and move ahead. On to bigger and better things.
[post="301669"][/post]​
I agree. I'm going to post a part of the brief that we were trying to get filled because I want the employees to know that for many of us it is not all about points, miles and upgrades and that a few customers were willing to stand with you on this issue. After this post, to the best of my ability I'm going to let it go, unless some of those in the brain trust come on here to gloat.

With this post I too hope to move forward and support the new management team in Tempe. My self imposed exilel from US is about to come to and end when the current team leaves and I'm looking forward to coming back.

Here is the meat of the brief.....

The US Airways Executive Bonus Plan should be rejected and excluded from the Plan of Reorganization:

The very word bonus implies by definition that something extraordinary was accomplished! To date as customers we have seen reductions in cleanliness of aircraft, on time performance, and the loss of large number of high yield frequent flyers due to declining customer service and uncompetitive pricing policies.

The Department of Transportation (DOT) Statistics support the above contention that the current management team has not performed in a manner consistant with earning performance bonuses. In fact one could argue based solely on performance that the current executives owe the customers of US Airways a refund.

The most severe example of US Airways continued and ongoing failure to manage its affairs is what has been called the Christmas Meltdown by US Airways Chief Executive Officer Bruce Lakefield and others in the media. A 43 page DOT report details the events leading up to the incident and the companies response. 72,000 lost or delayed bags and their associated delivery and goodwill costs demonstrate the ineptness of the current management team.

It is our opinion that given the facts of the current situation US Airways Senior Management has not demonstrated to the flying public in general and to the petitioners in particular that their performance was exemplary and worthy of additional remuneration. Therefore we respectfully petition the court to reject the proposed bonus and retention plan.

Just shows you what is wrong with this country, 20,000 less people since 9/11, 200 less planes, several billion dollars in employee concessions and the so called executives walkaway with millions while the employees live paycheck to paycheck.

Like I said this country is on its way to be the have and the have nots.

longing4piedmont said:
With this post I too hope to move forward and support the new management team in Tempe. My self imposed excel from US is about to come to and end when the current team leaves and I'm looking forward to coming back.
[/b]
[post="301687"][/post]​

Thank you for your effort and support, now let's move on.
No more, "but more more thing"

Last time I checked he is free to post whatever he wants to talk about unless it violates board rules.

As long as Crellin and Hemenway are going to the new HP there will be plenty to talk about.

Let the games begin.

Don't take anything out on me.
Just because you started this post and it turned out the opposite isn't my fault. :p

I did not take it out on you, but you do not own US Aviation so don't tell the posters what they can post and what they cant.

700UW said:
I did not take it out on you, but you do not own US Aviation so don't tell the posters what they can post and what they cant.
[post="301698"][/post]​
Relax, take a deep breath.

I didn't take that way at all. I sincerely hope to but this behind. I have said my piece unless some of those in CCY come here to boast. Hopefully they will exhibit a little class in this matter.

There will be "no one more" thing from me.....

openview said:
But what will we all talk about!

I guess usaviation will cease to exist without CCY in the airline biz..
[post="301671"][/post]​

Crellin lives! :lol: :lol:

IF Parker keeps hims on a short leash, the chatter will certainly die down.

If not, ...

Here's hoping we're talking about a well-run airline, with satsified customers and employees.

There are sure to be bumps in the road we can all disagree about. One things for sure, the new US Airways needs to better manage its employee relations to be successful.

Hopefully the new company will be profitable and each employee can benefit from it.

qwerty said:
Do not the middle managers that do these things need direction? If its like any other large corporation the BOD requires expenditures at a certain level to be approved by a company officer. If I am not mistaken the IRS and SEC require a certain number of senior execs to sign and submit regular financial statements. Should we leave that up to the payroll clerks?
[post="300566"][/post]​

The middle managers could in all likelihood do their job even better without the meddling micro management by the senior level management. The middle management, and those "lowly clerks" deserve to be rewarded based on the percentage of their give backs in the past, as should each and every other employee that saw their income and benefits go down the tubes to keep this faultering company afloat.

The very fact that these "people" (and I use that term loosely) even think that they are worthy of a retention bonus is ridiculous. I prefer to think of the sports scenario, when a team as a whole fails, they get a new coach (management). Ditch all the group at CCY (the good with the bad unfortunately) and let the guys in Tempe have a chance at turning this thing around. At least everything I've heard form the western "home office" has been from the upper end of the gastrointestinal tract, not the lower, such as always was the case of CCY.

qwerty said:
How about Helen Tremont, VP of Corporate Real Estate? I don't know if she is going to Phoenix or not, but wouldn't it be beneficial to hold on to the person that is managing leases and relationships all over the world, including (I am guessing) a hundred airports that Amwest does not serve?
Life ain't fair........
[post="300569"][/post]​

Not if the best she could do was the exorbitant floor rent at CCY.

dash8wrench said:
The middle managers could in all likelihood do their job even better without the meddling micro management by the senior level management.

The very fact that these "people" (and I use that term loosely) even think that they are worthy of a retention bonus is ridiculous. I prefer to think of the sports scenario, when a team as a whole fails, they get a new coach (management).
[post="301844"][/post]​

Very well stated, dash8wrench!

If CCY were the Yankees, Steinbrenner would have made sure these folks were sent to Columbus... or better yet, given their outright release.

One last observation. This is quoted directly from Mr. Lakefield's brief as referenced in an earlier post.

"I am a graduate of the United States Navel Academy"

What do they teach there? How to remove that pesky lint that builds up over time?

How much did he pay that law firm to draft that brief and did he even proof read it?

Sorry, just had to add a light moment to a particularly disturbing thread.

dash8wrench said:
One last observation. This is quoted directly from Mr. Lakefield's brief as referenced in an earlier post.

"I am a graduate of the United States Navel Academy"

What do they teach there? How to remove that pesky lint that builds up over time?

How much did he pay that law firm to draft that brief and did he even proof read it?

Sorry, just had to add a light moment to a particularly disturbing thread.
[post="301857"][/post]​

Someone's military service should never be degraded. :down:

Latest posts