United Mechanics vote on new contract extensio

At UA I heard the pilots PS this year is 1.67% and flight atts 3% and I think ramp is .839 like maint. Mechs used to get the same formula as the pilots but teamster gave that away in the 2016 deal.
thanks. i got the .08% from ua ramp guys in ord.

Hey Crema been a long time. Don’t forget though the Association has over 30,000 members they need to share that kitty with. Company forecast is to break even in this first quarter so that $180 Mil is likely it for our cut.
yeah, hope all is well. i haven't looked at the master seniority lists in a few years and surprised to see some 19,000 FSCs. i don't think all of them are eligible, maybe 1,000+ who got hired after april of 2022. i'll take another look at the list and contract tomorrow and try and narrow it down. also surprised to see 9,000+ aircraft mechanics - all this and yet many taking buyouts when offered.

even at $180 million divided by 30,000...a clean and simple $6,000, but i believe the distribution criteria and those ineligible will make the payout bigger for most senior workers. this will be the biggest profit sharing check i'll ever get in all my years.

looks as though the company has successfully done some serious hiring system-wide, just haven't seen it in my station. i can swear there were apprx. 16,000 FSCs when this contract was signed in early 2020 - before scores left with buyout and especially health insurance money.

yeah, hope all is well. i haven't looked at the master seniority lists in a few years and surprised to see some 19,000 FSCs. i don't think all of them are eligible, maybe 1,000+ who got hired after april of 2022. i'll take another look at the list and contract tomorrow and try and narrow it down. also surprised to see 9,000+ aircraft mechanics - all this and yet many taking buyouts when offered.

even at $180 million divided by 30,000...a clean and simple $6,000, but i believe the distribution criteria and those ineligible will make the payout bigger for most senior workers. this will be the biggest profit sharing check i'll ever get in all my years.

looks as though the company has successfully done some serious hiring system-wide, just haven't seen it in my station. i can swear there were apprx. 16,000 FSCs when this contract was signed in early 2020 - before scores left with buyout and especially health insurance money.

Don’t quote me on this but I think we were at 8000 and change and IAM was 6000 and change? I’d love it if someone sat down with me and explained in detail exactly how the distribution works but it does have something to do with the total payroll gross for the year to figure out the individual percentage. I do hope you’re right however that this does wind up being our biggest payout? I’m personally anticipating (Crystal Ball) 3%?

At UA I heard the pilots PS this year is 1.67% and flight atts 3% and I think ramp is .839 like maint. Mechs used to get the same formula as the pilots but teamster gave that away in the 2016 deal.
Just more and more reasons to fire the teamsters, they give everything away, all the time. Which is why they are going out of the Airline Mechanics industry once you guys finally get rid of them at your carrier.

Don’t quote me on this but I think we were at 8000 and change and IAM was 6000 and change? I’d love it if someone sat down with me and explained in detail exactly how the distribution works but it does have something to do with the total payroll gross for the year to figure out the individual percentage. I do hope you’re right however that this does wind up being our biggest payout? I’m personally anticipating (Crystal Ball) 3%?
yeah, your number of FSCs is around the number i remember, pre-contract. 16,000, give or take a few hundred.

i believe the profit sharing check % of 2022's income will be much higher. i'm thinking 5%-7%, maybe even 8%. there are many FSCS who made in the $50ks, who might get $3k based off 6%, while those who made $90k will get $5.4k.

jet fuel's current spot price is in the $3.60s/gallon and that's .30 cents more than the company's forecast for 1q '23, so, yes, we may surprise (more pax, higher fares), but not enough to make a huge difference.

yeah, your number of FSCs is around the number i remember, pre-contract. 16,000, give or take a few hundred.

i believe the profit sharing check % of 2022's income will be much higher. i'm thinking 5%-7%, maybe even 8%. there are many FSCS who made in the $50ks, who might get $3k based off 6%, while those who made $90k will get $5.4k.

jet fuel's current spot price is in the $3.60s/gallon and that's .30 cents more than the company's forecast for 1q '23, so, yes, we may surprise (more pax, higher fares), but not enough to make a huge difference.

Hey I wouldn’t mind making 8% off my 80K but I’m not going to hold my breath if you don’t mind. I’ll always say we were a bunch of dopes not to take that 7% above for no Profit Sharing deal as was offered.

Back (Somewhat) on topic now. IBT and IAM at UAL don’t have any PS language so they’re only getting the 5% Company offering. IAM Ramp is trying to gain a 2 year contract extension. They just put out an update today. They aren’t there yet but the two sticking points are wages and they want the protection language we have.

Wrong - the ibt at UAL does indeed have profit sharing language, and we are being paid out per that language

My apologies for missing it. We have it as a separate article and I should have checked in yours under wages.

6BAD7C7C-407E-46AF-AF51-7EAC64C6C1F6.png

Also in the Fleet contract under wages

3A267F7A-29B4-4C1F-BB37-6FA518171069.png

Last edited:
Wrong - the ibt at UAL does indeed have profit sharing language, and we are being paid out per that language
Good morning TSH.
Quick question about your recent contract extension, do you have a copy of the year od service chart that goes out the full 12+ years for top out? I just received a text from a union guy but wanted to verify with a good source from United.
Always like to get the rest of the industry's info prior to going into contract nego's just to keep up with what the co might "try" to use as industry average is all. Most co's tend to lower industry average overall to try to get lower numbers.
Per his chart he sent me it appears that the majority of mechs will get the 16% raise first then 2% in second year, and only one step of the entire 12+ year steps @ year one is the 20% increase to help better attract new mechanics. Am I reading that correctly sir??
Thanks in advance for any info passed on.

Good morning TSH.
Quick question about your recent contract extension, do you have a copy of the year od service chart that goes out the full 12+ years for top out? I just received a text from a union guy but wanted to verify with a good source from United.
Always like to get the rest of the industry's info prior to going into contract nego's just to keep up with what the co might "try" to use as industry average is all. Most co's tend to lower industry average overall to try to get lower numbers.
Per his chart he sent me it appears that the majority of mechs will get the 16% raise first then 2% in second year, and only one step of the entire 12+ year steps @ year one is the 20% increase to help better attract new mechanics. Am I reading that correctly sir??

Not sure what makes you think knowing that information matters? Last time you took almost 7 years to negotiate a Contract and your SWA FA’s are now over 4 years since their Contract became amendable.

Good morning TSH.

Good Afternoon

Here's a link to our current contract that the recent extension language applies to - the yearly pay scales can be found within - the language for the extension that was posted earlier is the language we voted on.

https://teamsterssfo.com/contracts

Good Afternoon

Here's a link to our current contract that the recent extension language applies to - the yearly pay scales can be found within - the language for the extension that was posted earlier is the language we voted on.

https://teamsterssfo.com/contracts
Thank you sir.
That is the same as he sent me.
It does list 12 years plus to get the top out rate, but in typical teamster fashion they keep plugging in step 9 for years 9-12.
It also appears to me that the teamsters added years to the 2020-2022 contract. Why in the world did they do that?