UnPaid Sick time WITH A DR''S NOTE>>

I'm throughly disgusted with this place...

Be I eat the 2 unpaid days, and when I experience the next episode take my days..4days,.....

Lucky are those that are leaving. Sun Jun 8th is their last Mainline days..

No, I've never done anything to have the mgr get po'd at me.

There is 1 instigator who would take 1-2 weeks at a time and burn his days- 2 weeks ago in 1 day, 5 sick calls..

Manager mentioned it was his decision to do it this way-an agent had a broken tooth,went to the Dentist, was put on medication, side effects no driving or operating machinery, she had the Dentist fax in her prescription,and SHE HAD TO SHOW THE STA MGR HER TOOTH< before he believed her..

Next week he be STA Mgr of ILM...

This is stuff that's is happening..

THE PUBLIC KNOW'S NOTHING OF....

Our station, 4 out of 14 news hires are left-it will be an accident waiting to happen..

15.gif

golden,

perhaps that is the problem. Since your station is closing, many of the employees are calling in sick to try and burn up all their sick time. Sounds like the Station Manager is being the bad egg here and that it is not a company wide issue.

Hope you get this resolved soon.

Golden file a grievance and get the DOL involved and HHS because the company is violating HIPPA.

Glad to read the positive posts.
Thank You!

Yesterday I had another discussion with the sta mgr, door shut, I whipped out the HIPPA letter per USeless Air and his eyes were open and surprised...

He said he has the right ,(with my permission,) & to have my records and to look at my contract-which I did, Nature of illness is to be stated..

The letter will be kept in HIS BRIEFCASE or put into my file-NOT!

I spoke to a employment lawyer.NFW!

ANothere issue, if I file a grievance , get DOL and HHS involved, I'm hesitant, that the company will have me on a very thin line and watch every move and eventually try to fire me..

Is this possible?

Sta Mgr is PO'D since someone on the ramp called Siegel's office, regarding questions with our upcoming furlough/relocation/severance..
He was not in his office(managing another station),nor was the secy in and he needed answers along with everyone else.

So, that's another what set this bozo off....

I've tried calling HR N/A..

I'm ready to throw in the towel....
15.gif

Golden this whole thing sounds fishy, I have 14 years and I have never ever had sick day refused to be paid, it is a contractual right, file a grievance and get your pay, if your steward does not want to help call your district rep and get them involved. Tell them you are going to call the NMB, DOL and HHS to report them in violation of federal law. Federal laws supercede any labor agreement.

No you aren''t wrong, but you may be charged a PE day instead of a sick day since it was not you that was sick. What I don''t understand is what if you had a horrible sinus headache and just couldn''t make it ti work. Do they expect you to run to the Dr. for something like that? And what happens if you call your Dr. and can''t ge an appointment for 2-3 days? Does this mean that you continue calling in sick until you can see the Dr? I understand putting different requirements on those that abuse their sick time. But people like yourself, should not be made to pay for other peoples abuses.

----------------
On 6/6/2003 6:15:39 PM MarkMyWords wrote:

What I don''t understand is what if you had a horrible sinus headache and just couldn''t make it ti work. Do they expect you to run to the Dr. for something like that? And what happens if you call your Dr. and can''t ge an appointment for 2-3 days? Does this mean that you continue calling in sick until you can see the Dr? I understand putting different requirements on those that abuse their sick time. But people like yourself, should not be made to pay for other peoples abuses.

----------------​

They can request you to get a doctors note if they want. If its a one day thing and they want you to get a doctors note and you cant get an appointment for a few days, I''d say continue to call in until you can get to the doctor to get clearance to go back to work. Sometimes I just dont understand their reasoning. Its like they''re forcing you to stay out when you dont really want to. I have FMLA and the doctor stated I could need it 2-4 times a year. Well the year before it was a good year for me and I only used it once. I was called in and advised that I didnt meet my FMLA requirement since I only called in 1 time for it. I asked them if that meant they wanted me to call in more to keep it since I wasnt calling in enough. They said that wasnt what they meant. This past year wasnt so good and I was out 6 times. Too many for what the doctor stated. (They wont take unknown/can occur at any time as a valid answer so its basically a guessing game depending on past history). I now needed a doctors note for any occurances even if its only for a 1 day callout since I was "over my limit" and they didnt like the way the doctor changed the paperwork when requested to reevaluate me. I was planning on staying out until I could get a doctors note even if I was better after the first day, but luckily, I havent had to use it any more this year.

This airline will be voted the worst company to work for when Fortune magazine does the best and worst companys to work for issue when ever it comes out, Hey will be number one at something!!!

----------------
On 6/5/2003 7:36:16 PM golden1 wrote:

Happy are those that took the severance and furlough and kissed off US!

----------------​
uhhhhh a resounding Amen to that!!!!

Hey a little bad press has never mattered to US, has it? I cite for you a post I saw from earlier this week, why don''t you give this person a holler with your concerns? I would inagine he wouldn''t limit his article necessarily to just res agts.........

"Can you share any stories about the pressures and concerns for the future among res agents?

I''m Steve Huettel, a reporter for the St. Petersburg Times in Fla. I''ve been following the layoffs and closings of res centers at U and other carriers. Obviously, some of this is part of overall financial crisis/downsizing in the airline business. But I suspect that the push to get customers to book through the Web has a big impact, likely growing bigger as time goes on. Also, I''ve seen posts about how closing of Orlando and other centers has put additional pressures (and added to hold times) in Pitt. and W/S.

Any stories you could share, with your name or without, would be appreciated. If you don''t care to post, pls send me a private msg or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thx in advance for your help. I''ll post a link to the story when it appears later this month."

Severe,

I am sure that you had nice things to say about the reservations department, if you contacted that reporter. My friend complains all of the time about how bad it is in res, especially since MCO closed and there are 150 calls on hold every day.

----------------
On 6/7/2003 12:58:25 PM A319FA wrote:

Severe,

I am sure that you had nice things to say about the reservations department, if you contacted that reporter. My friend complains all of the time about how bad it is in res, especially since MCO closed and there are 150 calls on hold every day.

----------------
Actually, I have no plans to write anything to this reporter. I will leave that to the "active" employees who wish to comment. Not worth the time and energy, as I expend a comfortable amount of both on this website to keep my airline fix going.........

Severed,THANK YOU!

By the way, Fortune 500 Mag would love to hear from anyone of us..right???

MMUUWWWAAA!!!!!