Update On Second Bankruptcy Warning

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways warns of second bankruptcy

A return to Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection could have a ripple effect across the airline industry, making it tougher for rival United Airlines to secure a loan guarantee

CHICAGO (Financial Times) - US Airways is calling for a 25 per cent reduction in its operating costs within the next few months and has warned that without these cuts it could be forced to file for a second bankruptcy or sell assets.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

and this is a positive for USAir because................? Very scary! You'll only be happy if there is a fellow pilot from United standing beside you in the unemployment line.

Attachments

• kookoo.gif
    kookoo.gif
    815 bytes · Views: 148
<rant>

There is nothing new here, and even though this is an extrememly valid point to keep in mind, these posts are getting old.

I, and everyone in the known universe, knows that under certain circumstances US Airways will file bankruptcy. Posting the 18th article reiterating the same point does nothing besides waste your time, my time, and bandwidth.

</rant>

USA320Pilot said:
RWerksman, who said you had to read the information?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
No one, but I read the articles each time hoping for a titbit of differentiating fact.

I dont find any, thus my time is waisted.

Dont get me wrong, some are good -- others, like this one, make me feel like I am listening to Rush.

In addition, I believe that you are hurting your position in the long run by taking such a hard line stance and continually harping on this and other well known "facts" and quotes.

So it makes it tougher for UAL to get a loan.At least the article did not say Ual will not get the loan.At least it did not say Ual is goin BK for a 2nd time.....Well all I can say is ,if US Air goes out of business,it will be a Chip off the old block.......Oh I am sorry Chip won't be pushed off the blocks anymore!

Ok, 25% reduction. 40% of costs are labor. Management has already shown that it's unable to lower other costs. So let's give Lakefield the benefit of the doubt and say he can really sharpen that pencil and get a 5% reduction in non-labor costs. That leave 20% of total cost reduction to be borne by labor . . . . so that comes out to about a 50% pay and benefit cut.