Update On The F/a Rally / Dougs Reaction

hp_fa said:
According to the NC and the MEC, Doug has said he is no longer interested in negotiating with us. So, what do you expect us to do? Wait for the U contract to become amenable?

NOT!
[post="300464"][/post]​

I mean no disrespect hp_fa, but show me in writing where Doug has said he is no longer interested in negotiating. Until then I won't believe it and you shouldn't either. Someone is blowing smoke up you know where. Doug has character, that I'm sure of 100 percent. I would question the character of whoever it was who told you that. Again, for some people its not important the means to the end.

Schatzee said:
osunut,

People living in glass houses ........ Sometimes the posts from US people come across harsh but the US people have learned the term "BOHICA" very well. It is probably a term you might start to see here at HP ...... "Bend Over Here It Comes Again" Something or somebody has got to give and the BOD, CEO and crew are not going to be the ones. I am sorry to break this to you but time will tell, unfortunately the US people already know this. Wish it could be different. With NW and DL jumping in the BK stew, it is only going to get worse. Remember you were warned.
[post="300779"][/post]​

What makes you believe it's going to be the same with the new US Airways. I didn't say "Bend Over Here It Comes Again" when I received a bonus check in 2004 after AWA posted a profit for the year. Matter of fact I believe I said "Thank You Very Much AWA!" And no, I'm not in management so put that where the sun don't shine. I can understand why US Airway folks have learned the term "BOHICA". Brighter days are coming :) . Can someone get me another beer please!? No.... I really should go to bed. Goodnite all ;)

Well, when the glass has been half-empty for over a decade you tend to become a bit "cranky." Here's hoping that the glass looks half-full....someday.

EyeInTheSky said:
Well, when the glass has been half-empty for over a decade you tend to become a bit "cranky." Here's hoping that the glass looks half-full....someday.
[post="300881"][/post]​

EyeInTheSky, if you ever come to Phoenix pm me. I'll buy ya a beer :up: . Whoops I was supposed to be in bed.... :blush:

EricLv2Fish said:
Your jobs are not the only ones that have to be considered. It's like raising a family of 10 kids or so....what you give to one the other 9 will expect the same and if you've ever raised a family you know you can go broke very quickly if your not careful what you give. I don't want to oversimplify a very complex subject, but the principle holds. Attention getting and headline grabbing doesn't neccessarily mean that organized labor is doing a service to it's members.
Eric .love the analogy!

Schatzee said:
osunut,

People living in glass houses ........ Sometimes the posts from US people come across harsh but the US people have learned the term "BOHICA" very well. It is probably a term you might start to see here at HP ...... "Bend Over Here It Comes Again" Something or somebody has got to give and the BOD, CEO and crew are not going to be the ones. I am sorry to break this to you but time will tell, unfortunately the US people already know this. Wish it could be different. With NW and DL jumping in the BK stew, it is only going to get worse. Remember you were warned.
[post="300779"][/post]​
They are harsh because they are not willing to come to and accept reality. I have been around the block for a very long time and have seen and been though things just like the ones at U have.

My point is it was unprofessional and should never have gotten to that state if the unions knew how to be professional. The unions leadership is poor and it is embarassing to have them represent their workgroup. Doug hasn't screwed us before and he won't in the future. You can't make everyone happy and sometimes decisions need to be made for the betterment of the company and employees as a whole. That is the other problem, most winers never look at the big picture.

I appreciate your thoughts though and I offer this advice. Don't assume your going to get screwed, all one does is make an ASSoutofUandME.

osunut said:
most winers never look at the big picture. 

[post="301294"][/post]​

Let us hope that their will be enough negative feedback from their stunt that they might actually try to develop some effective negotiating skills and get in touch with reality. I can see nothing posted to seriously challenge our comments. Wonder why? <_<

EricLv2Fish said:
Some still don't get it. Attempting to interrupt a CEO at a shareholders meeting from outside the building by chanting is not a professional way to handle the business of negotiating a contract.

Well, when they bend YOU over 2 or 3 times to: cut your pay, cut your 401 K, cut your vacation, cut your sick time, etc...... we will just see how PROFESSIONAL YOU ARE! It might be less painful if YOU keep YOUR blinders on Eric. :mf_boff:

osunut said:
They are harsh because they are not willing to come to and accept reality. I have been around the block for a very long time and have seen and been though things just like the ones at U have.

My point is it was unprofessional and should never have gotten to that state if the unions knew how to be professional. The unions leadership is poor and it is embarassing to have them represent their workgroup. Doug hasn't screwed us before and he won't in the future. You can't make everyone happy and sometimes decisions need to be made for the betterment of the company and employees as a whole. That is the other problem, most winers never look at the big picture.

I appreciate your thoughts though and I offer this advice. Don't assume your going to get screwed, all one does is make an ASSoutofUandME.
[post="301294"][/post]​

But Doug has no previous experience with the group from CCY. I am not assuming that I am going to get screwed, I still can't stand up from that last round of pay cuts so I know that all of the US employees got screwed. The only way this "merger" will be successful is to not accept any immigration from CCY. But it is too late for that so if I were you, I would invest in some elastic waist pants. But I also don't think the "merger" pot is full either. I truly believe there is a third entity that will show its face soon. But that the saddest thing of all is to see such a group of upbeat employees at HP and know what a group of sharks they are swimming with in the "merger" pool only the HP people don't know it truly yet.

Schatzee said:
But that the saddest thing of all is to see such a group of upbeat employees at HP and know what a group of sharks they are swimming with in the "merger" pool only the HP people don't know it truly yet.
[post="301438"][/post]​

Thank you for that compliment. I think Doug is going to be surprised at the negative effect this transaction eventually has on his current employees.

EricLv2Fish said:
I mean no disrespect hp_fa, but show me in writing where Doug has said he is no longer interested in negotiating.
[post="300879"][/post]​

I can't give it to you in writing. I can say that the members of the Negotiations Committeee and at least one MEC member heard him say that.

Since I still hold stock in AWA I was at the shareholders meeting. The chanting flight attendants did not embarrass or frustrate Doug. The flight attendants out side were overshadowed by Symore Lecht the cranky old coote shareholder who dominated the meeting.

Doug never stated that he did not want to continue negotiaions with the flight attendants or the mechanics. What he did say is that he would prefere to work on a combinded contact instead of individual contacts and then start the process over again. He also said that if current contact negotiations could close quickly he would support that also. Doug wants to keep the spirit of AWA alive which will make the new company a success. He could not praise the employees of AWA enough for all the dedication and determination to make AWA what it is today. The employees kept AWA alive.

My advise is don't listen to rumors. Go straight to the source. Doug has email responses to 2 flight attendats which you can find on the AWA66 web site.

hp_fa said:
I can't give it to you in writing. I can say that the members of the Negotiations Committeee and at least one MEC member heard him say that.
[post="301455"][/post]​

Take second hand information for what it is. "I'm not interested in negotiating that contract" can easily become "I'm not interested in negotiating". Huge difference if just two words are left out. Have you ever played "pass the message around the table?" "I'm drinking a glass of water" can become "I'm thinking of gas or fodder". Knowing what I know about his communication skills (of which there is substantial written record of) "I'm not interested in negotiating" does not resemble any past communication skills he has ever deployed. Has Doug changed? Has all this merger stuff made him weary and impatient to make such a statement? Possible but I don't buy it. ;)

Schatzee said:
Well, when they bend YOU over 2 or 3 times to: cut your pay, cut your 401 K, cut your vacation, cut your sick time, etc...... we will just see how PROFESSIONAL YOU ARE! It might be less painful if YOU keep YOUR blinders on Eric. :mf_boff:
[post="301434"][/post]​

Schatzee, I feel your pain. I understand your negativity. I understand how you can not understand our optimism. I haven't endured all the pay cuts, cuts in vacation time, etc. Is it possible I will? Sure it is, and if I get tired of it I'll go find another job. I don't believe I've ever had blinders, haven't needed them with our current management. Could it change tomorrow? Sure it can, and before I have to put blinders on I'll go find another job. ;)