Update On The F/a Rally / Dougs Reaction

Send a letter to the following decision maker(s):
Mr. Doug Parker

Below is the sample letter:

Subject: I AM FOCUSED

Dear [decision maker name automatically inserted here],

I read your comments in the Arizona Republic recently and while I was not one of the 500 hundred Flight Attendants that you have spoke with regarding what is on my mind, I am one of over 2700 flight attendants that are focused on all issues relating to this merger, including a fair contract that addresses wage increases, health care benefits, work rule enhancements, and merger protections.
I object to management's attempt to pit our concerns over job security against our need to have fair wage increases and improvements in our contracts. Flight Attendants need and deserve both. My costs are rising and I cannot afford your proposal of wage freezes and escalating health care costs.
During our contract negotiations in July, our Union proposed strong merger protections but management refused to consider them. While management wants to wash its hands on job protection issues, you now have the chance to make proposals for long-term furlough protections of America West Flight Attendants.
These improvments effect me on a day to day basis. You see Mr. Parker, I have a vested interest in this Company's success and have the ability to focus on the many important issues.

Sincerely,

EricLv2Fish said:
Schatzee, I feel your pain. I understand your negativity. I understand how you can not understand our optimism. I haven't endured all the pay cuts, cuts in vacation time, etc. Is it possible I will? Sure it is, and if I get tired of it I'll go find another job. I don't believe I've ever had blinders, haven't needed them with our current management. Could it change tomorrow? Sure it can, and before I have to put blinders on I'll go find another job. ;)
[post="301471"][/post]​

It's nice to read sensible replies, I've heard enough negativity over the last 10 years to last more than a life time.

I'm hoping that this merger takes the best of both companies, and leaves the dead wood, disgruntled, and misguided behind.

Here's to our future!!

cheers...

hp_fa said:
Thank you for that compliment. I think Doug is going to be surprised at the negative effect this transaction eventually has on his current employees.
[post="301453"][/post]​

Dude you need to relax and just enjoy the promise of a better future! Anger, frustration, and stress is not worth it...you're only hurting yourself in the end because all of this is out of your control. I take offense to the underhanded remark about the negative effect on its current employees! You know absolutely nothing about the US employees. They are EXTREMELY dedicated and HARD workers....you should be so lucky to have them on your side now. These employees have been through the ringer but continue to go to work under terrible conditions and put their best effort forward to keep customers coming back to US. Again, don't judge somebody until you've met them and walked a mile in their shoes! ;)

Whatnow? said:
I take offense to the underhanded remark about the negative effect on its current employees!
[post="301673"][/post]​

Take all the offense you choose to take. The comment was not directed in any way or shape to or about the U employees. It was at the problem that is likely to set in among current AWA employees, who have been well-motivated and customer friendly. Note I didn't opine one way or the other about U employees. Get it?

With statements like that you are pointing at specific sides! FYI, well motivated and friendly applies to EVERYBODY!

heyray said:
I'm hoping that this merger takes the best of both companies, and leaves the dead wood, disgruntled, and misguided behind.

Here's to our future!!
cheers...
[post="301650"][/post]​

That is the idea Ray. The future looks bright. No guarentees. I'm glad your on my team! We should organize a get together in Phx for all the folks on these boards to celebrate. Glass Half Full and Half Empty folks alike, together celebrating a new era (will get those half empty folks turned around) ;)

Whatnow? said:
Dude you need to relax and just enjoy the promise of a better future! Anger, frustration, and stress is not worth it...you're only hurting yourself in the end because all of this is out of your control. I take offense to the underhanded remark about the negative effect on its current employees! You know absolutely nothing about the US employees. They are EXTREMELY dedicated and HARD workers....you should be so lucky to have them on your side now. These employees have been through the ringer but continue to go to work under terrible conditions and put their best effort forward to keep customers coming back to US. Again, don't judge somebody until you've met them and walked a mile in their shoes! ;)
[post="301673"][/post]​

We have at BWI and the US people are not nice. Seems all the employee groups at US are demanding doh yup we will sure get along.

There is a bitter bunch in every group....as proof on this message board....but the core of the group is a good one! BWI went from a large hub to a station with very few flights....heck they haven't gotten over the Civil War done there yet! :lol:

multitasker said:
What he did say is that he would prefere to work on a combinded contact instead of individual contacts and then start the process over again.
[post="301465"][/post]​

Now that would make sense. Unless there is some "other" anti-DOH plans that AWA f/as want placed in this new contract. Well, by that time, what is done will be done. I have to agree that AWA and US AFA need to start focusing on a "kick a#@" contract. Why try to complete something that will be voided in a year? Just a thought!

Twicebaked said:
Now that would make sense. Unless there is some "other" anti-DOH plans that AWA f/as want placed in this new contract. Well, by that time, what is done will be done. I have to agree that AWA and US AFA need to start focusing on a "kick a#@" contract. Why try to complete something that will be voided in a year? Just a thought!
[post="302592"][/post]​

No#1 The current AWA FAs would have to live under the current contract for at least another year before we operate under one certificate.

No#2 It's a stepping stone. Step up now...then when the contracts are combined the FAs will have will be in a better starting postion.

For example I believe New hires at US Airways start at around $20 a credit hr. Under the current contract HP New hire start at around $16. So the combined contract you could assume the new hires would make something between those 2 numbers. But if the new contract is ratified prior to the merged contract, the new hire might make something between $18 (AWA) and $20 (USair)

I beleive U starts at 19 now. When I started it was 19.90..that was in 2000. Now I am at 19.11(MAA) I was furloughed at 24.00 and if I would be called back right now..I would be at 21.00...hmmm...sounds strange doesnt it? :down:
Moral of the story..I make less now than when I started in 2000. I took basically a $5 paycut.

New hires at US would start at the new rate of 1st year pay $18.56 as stated in attachment C8 of the new contract.

It was lowered with the new contract.

HPGUY said:
For example I believe New hires at US Airways start at around $20 a credit hr. Under the current contract HP New hire start at around $16. So the combined contract you could assume the new hires would make something between those 2 numbers.
[post="302605"][/post]​

I am sure that I speak for most of the f/as at US. WE WILLL NOT TAKE ANOTHER PAYCUT. WE WILL NOT MEET HALF WAY. HALFWAY WOULD BE A HUGE PAYCUT FOR US F/AS. There are a few that will do ANYTHING to keep this job, but not the majority. We will not agree to ANY paycut. HP must come up to our payscale.

You all at HP will soon see how much Doug cares about you. After all he brought on board the U crew that distroyed employee moral. Those people are union busters! If you think everything is going to be just fine with Doug at the helm I surely hope your right. Otherwise you are in for a rude awakening. Remember he is just another corporate suit. The End