US 767s Get Another Year's Reprieve

Plans were just reviewed for the realignment of the gates on the alley side of C ramp in Clt in anticipation of the 73's going away.. The radial bridge at C17 is finally getting pulled for a 2 way bridge and I believe two other jet bridges are being replaced, I think there is going to be a fuel pit moved and about six gates are having all the ramp markings removed and restriped for the Airbus'.

robbedagain said:
pulup  are u sure by end of aug?  ive long been hearing by end of the yr
Just relaying what I was told. Just got the June East Bid and 737 blocks are down to 14 (supposed to have 5 a/c at end of May, then zero by end of August).
Cheers.

pic1.jpg
Sitting on the ramp in BFM ready for her final flight west...

Well I planned on posting several pictures of ship 246's final flight, but evidently there is a limit on photo's one can upload. The picture files are very large, approx. 7MB each. I had to resize the one I posted to about 50kb. When I tried to upload another one, it said the picture had to be below 25kb. Maybe it's a daily limit, I don't know...

700UW said:
Sad to see go,worked many of them in my career.
I remember when they were delivered, a proud day for PI!

Imagine someone hired  in, say, 1967. PI was a local service carrier with a linear route system, barely out of the piston era. (Or was the Martin 404 still around?).  FH-227s, and YS-11s, hopscotching around the Mid-South: AVL-SDF, with five stops, and few 727s coming on line.  Twenty years later, a hub and spoke carrier flying wide body jets across eight time zones.  What a feeling it must have been to see those 767s with the Speedbird on the tail.

It's sad to see them go the desert, unlikely to fly again.

Reactions: 2 people