US/AA MERGER TALKS

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
According to an article in justplanenews.com an article from the dallas morning news said that it may be early november regarding a potential transaction between aa n us. to me it sounds like an announcement may be near we shall see

Reactions: 1 person
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airline-industry/20121102-american-us-airways-merger-proposal-expected-to-come-soon.ece

I'm still baffled that employees think this will be a good thing. We are the ones who are always adversely affected, yet some of you are so quick to sell yourselves on the idea that it'll be good.

It will not be good for the US f/as going into a merger without a new agreement in place that provides protection for the PHX f/as and a pay increase that will help hold the f/a group over until the single carrier status/industry standard negotiations between APFA and the company conclude with a ratified agreement.

Being part of a bigger airline run by the right people CAN be a good thing ......i've always thought Doug paker has done a good job , and i think he knows what he's doing .......

Reactions: 2 people
Who is Doug Paker?

And no airline has taken over seven years to complete a merger, last time I checked this merger is completed yet.

Never seen a CEO make an agreement with unions and employees who dont even work for the airline that he is CEO of while his own employees dont have combined or new CBAs.

Reactions: 1 person
I think that Parker would have been wise to let the US people know that the offers he made to AA's unions would cover everyone at the combined carrier if this is the case.

Then why doesn't he propose those contracts to the current employees? He has no regard for the current employees, and if a merger goes through he will have no regard for all of the new employees.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm guessing that they can't be offered minus the merger because the proposed numbers are based off the increased revenues of the combined companies.

Latest posts