US/AA MERGER TALKS

The only way there is a merger is if the UCC from AA, it's board and management team get fat checks because no one in their right mind will remain behind for the debacle that will be AA-US......FF will leave to Delta and back to United and this thing will be back in bankruptcy within 36-48 months.

20 yrs with AA as a FF, 10 as an EXP will come to an end if this merger occurs.......

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Then why doesn't he propose those contracts to the current employees? He has no regard for the current employees, and if a merger goes through he will have no regard for all of the new employees.
Doug Parker's past practice speaks volumes of where his interests and loyalties lie. They are certainly not with his employees, rather, they are with the shareholders and creditors. These are the people he answers to. That's not to belittle Mr. Parker. CEOs are hired to accomplish profitability and sustainability. To look after the best interests of the shareholders, creditors, their Senior Staff, customers and eventually the employees. That is the priority "pecking" order. Employees are bottom feeders in this senario. I would hope that AA employees realize this will not change with a merger and don't have unrealistic expectations that it will.

It will not be good for the US f/as going into a merger without a new agreement in place that provides protection for the PHX f/as and a pay increase that will help hold the f/a group over until the single carrier status/industry standard negotiations between APFA and the company conclude with a ratified agreement.

Hold that thought and hope that APFA doesn't still have a little clause that might see US fas getting laid off.

So much speculation. The truth is no one, among the masses, knows for sure what the future holds. Based on past history... there are storm clouds on the horizon for employees on both sides of the merger. There are rough skies ahead. Fasten your seatbelts! Brace!

wow.. did I miss something? You said there was a merger? Is it speculative? No one knows... Are you ebwgs?

(is that an Albemarle 32 in you avatar?)

Then why doesn't he propose those contracts to the current employees? He has no regard for the current employees, and if a merger goes through he will have no regard for all of the new employees.

I find it laughable that people don't see Parker's genius in his divide-and-conquer technique. Here you have unionized labor going against unionied labor. Picture if you will a strike situation at US called by, oh, I don't know, USAPA. I think it's safe to say that the west will be getting overtime! So why is Parker truly a financial genius? The raises for pilots and fas are earning interest and there is no way the pilots can strike without the other unionized scabs crossing the line!

I must say that Delta may have been blatant about killing over 40K union jobs, but Mr. P seems to be busting unions by letting them go at each other while making him money??? Too easy, can I be a CEO for US?

So much speculation. The truth is no one, among the masses, knows for sure what the future holds. Based on past history... there are storm clouds on the horizon for employees on both sides of the merger. There are rough skies ahead. Fasten your seatbelts! Brace!

You have been around long enough to know that tough skies are always looming on the horizon for the airlines. With or without a merger, volatile fuel prices, a downturn in the economy, terror fears, all play a major role in our destiny. I don't know about you, but I have been on the edge with what might happen to my job for the last 15 years. I'm to the point now where I have learned not to fear things that I have no control over, and another merger is one of them. We have survived multiple bad times in the past, and we will all survive regardless of that happens now.
I must ask, what do you think the future holds without a merger of some sort?

You have been around long enough to know that tough skies are always looming on the horizon for the airlines. With or without a merger, volatile fuel prices, a downturn in the economy, terror fears, all play a major role in our destiny. I don't know about you, but I have been on the edge with what might happen to my job for the last 15 years. I'm to the point now where I have learned not to fear things that I have no control over, and another merger is one of them. We have survived multiple bad times in the past, and we will all survive regardless of that happens now.
I must ask, what do you think the future holds without a merger of some sort?
One must learn to "be still" with things that are out of their control. You and I have indeed survived multiple bad times in the past. Unfortunately, many have not been so fortunate. They have lost their jobs, been displaced to PT or have been forced to work in another station and commute home. We have survived but many have endured serious hardship. I do not see a bright future, with or without a merger, for the Fleet Service as stand alone carriers or as a merged carrier.

One must learn to "be still" with things that are out of their control. You and I have indeed survived multiple bad times in the past. Unfortunately, many have not been so fortunate. They have lost their jobs, been displaced to PT or have been forced to work in another station and commute home. We have survived but many have endured serious hardship. I do not see a bright future, with or without a merger, for the Fleet Service as stand alone carriers or as a merged carrier.
I have been thru all of the above mentioned at one point in my career.

All this bickering and mudslinging is for nothing. No one on these boards has a say in what happens to both of these airlines. It may or may not be fun to speculate what the future holds, but the decision making is way above you all. I am sure both AA & US have some very dedicated front line employees that care deeply about their airline, but the decision is not yours. If the merger does happen you better put your differences aside and come together as a team and fight for what is best for you all....

All this bickering and mudslinging is for nothing. No one on these boards has a say in what happens to both of these airlines. It may or may not be fun to speculate what the future holds, but the decision making is way above you all. I am sure both AA & US have some very dedicated front line employees that care deeply about their airline, but the decision is not yours. If the merger does happen you better put your differences aside and come together as a team and fight for what is best for you all....

What Labor CAN do and is within their power and scope is do their best NOT to support a merger. If there is public attention that U labr and AA labor do not support a merger, and that AA has the right to their exclusivity period, just as ALL the other legacy carriers have had including USAirways during their BKs, that will help postpone or prevent a merger and allow both airline unions to deal with their managments and get the best deal they can. U is NOT in BK, and they have a better advantage than the AA.

Back