US Airways ALPA MEC Code-a-phone update (extract)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoeingBoy,

BoeingBoy said: "As I said, seems to be a change of heart - don't want a joint contract, don't want the award implemented, but want the pay rates that LOA 93 doesn't provide. So much for preferring to "live under LOA 93".

USA320Pilot comemnts: Maybe you should find out from Doug Parker what he said about this to Jack Stephan. Or maybe you should speak to a MEC member instead of purposely spreading or twisting misinformation. It's tough being a chameloen.

What a concept: Obtain a pay raise, live under LOA 93 with an exception, keep operations separate, and prevent the Nicolau Award from being implemented. :up:

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Jim,

Time to break out the post where he says he wont insult you anymore.

Show him the hypocrite he is.

700UW,

Just the facts, not twisting information. Just the facts. By the way, don't let the facts get into your way. Too bad you do not understand the difference. :up:

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Shall I start with all your false facts?

Go read the RLA and the NMB and show the board where transport workers under the RLA can decertify.

Show us where it is legal to spend ALPA Dues Money on a law firm to decertify ALPA.

Shall I continue?

You are clueless on how things work.

700UW,

700UW said: "Shall I start with all your false facts? Go read the RLA and the NMB and show the board where transport workers under the RLA can decertify."

USA320Pilot comments: Click here for part of the answer to your question. Pay particular attention to who can vote in a representation election: non-members AND furloughed pilots.

Also click here to check out this FAQs sheet.

From the NMB: Representation

When a union or an individual seeks to represent a specific group of employees (craft-or-class under the RLA) for the purpose of negotiating as a group on wages, hours, benefits, and working conditions (collective bargaining), the NMB investigates the case. The NMB examines the jurisdiction of the carrier under the RLA; the appropriate carrier and craft-or-class designation; the eligibility of voters; and whether an election is justified. If an election is authorized, the NMB conducts the election and certifies the winning union or individual to represent the group. Additionally, the NMB ensures that the representation process occurs without interference, influence or coercion. See the NMB Representation Manual for more information.

The NMB does not have a union-decertification process per se; however, you may want to review questions 38, 39, 23 and 28 of the NMB frequently asked questions for representation.

700UW said: "Show us where it is legal to spend ALPA Dues Money on a law firm to decertify ALPA."

USA320Pilot comments: Who said this has been done? There is no East MEC de-certification, yet. But, maybe the MEC could totally resign, JNC negotiators leave their positons, and through the union into receivership/chaos. However, in the meantime the MEC can hire an independent Labor Law Firm (with a number interviewed this week) educate the attorney's on the issues, and then have this firm in place for a "grass roots" effort, if needed.

Meanwhile, while all of this goes on with more infighting the airline continues to implode.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. By the way, I understand that yesterday in "open session" that the PHL Reps. and JNC Member and Negotiating Committee Chairman Doug Mowrey publicly announced to the MEC that if John Prater endorses and turns the seniority list over to the company as is, we they be resigning their ALPA positions. Furthermore, it is Mowrey's belief that several others will follow. Apparently, they can can no longer support or work for an Association that would allow such a travesty for the US Airways pilots to prevail. Reportedly Mowrey said, "It will be time to get a new 'union'."

Dog,

Click here.

And here for information on Project Minnow, which was originally called the UCT and then when it was revised durign the SARS epidemic/Iraqi invasion the ICT.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Dog,

The information does not just "pop up" and I do not find answers to complex questions and answer them in five minutes.

There is a detailed/coordinated MEC and "grass roots" strategy in place, which is gaining momentum.

Furthermore, with AWA MEC Chairman John McIlvenna now declining Prater’s new invitation to participate in further discussions regarding the Nicolau Award during the week of June 18, 2007, the US Airways pilots are now preparing for their next step in the process to right the wrongs of the egregious Nicolau Award.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Didn't Boeing Boy offer you an easy $5,000.00 wager?

Are you still threatening to kick L4P off "your" airplane using you PIC authority because you somehow consider him to be a threat onboard?

I'm still willing to wager you that ALPA National accepts the Nicolau Award. Accept the bet and if ALPA does not accept it I will go away forever. Of course if you lose you will need to go away forever. The loser would never be able to post here ever again under any screen name.

Dog,

The information does not just "pop up" and I do not find answers to complex questions and answer them in five minutes.

There is a detailed/coordinated MEC and "grass roots" strategy in place, which is gaining momentum.

Furthermore, with AWA MEC Chairman John McIlvenna now declining Prater’s new invitation to participate in further discussions regarding the Nicolau Award during the week of June 18, 2007, the US Airways pilots are now preparing for their next step in the process to right the wrongs of the egregious Nicolau Award.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Bottom line.

Any west Captain with DOH later than his east FO can expect to do most everything themselves.

BTW, every east FO should carry the POI phone number for those inevitable instances where the west Captain is a little ignorant about 121 operations. A phone call followed up with the typical forms likely will decimate their numbers. Have a good day.

What a concept: Obtain a pay raise, live under LOA 93 with an exception, keep operations separate, and prevent the Nicolau Award from being implemented.
So not willing to live under LOA 93 and all it's provisions after all. Despite all the rhetoric by "some". Isn't that what I said in the first place......

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts