US Airways Announces Seasonal Schedule Changes With Additional Flights in Key Cities

According to someone on FlyerTalk who's done poking around in the scheduling system, there's actually some mainline changes hidden - for instance, PHL-BNA gets mainline aircraft back and CLT-BNA gets another mainline jet added. Where are these birds coming from?

According to someone on FlyerTalk who's done poking around in the scheduling system, there's actually some mainline changes hidden - for instance, PHL-BNA gets mainline aircraft back and CLT-BNA gets another mainline jet added. Where are these birds coming from?

The Caribbean schedule really gets pulled down in Sept/Oct, that's the low season there. These changes are labeled seasonal, after all.

Correct. The Sept/Oct caribbean schedule usually has a dramatic pull down in service. Some markets have no service for several weeks or go to weekend only service.

CLT will get 2 mainline flights back to MSP (like it was before the CR9s). Hopefully, this will last. Also, there will be some more mainline routes to DFW and DTW from CLT and from ATL and DTW to PHL as well. I'm sure there are some others as well, but these are the big ones. I don't know how long any of this will be lasting so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The big question will be which (east/west) a/c are being used and how will they be routed for mainline service. Who will be impacted..east crews or west crews? We shall see. Hopefully is will result in more flying for both.

Just saw that there is an East Metal flight from PHX-ORD that leaves at 2145 and gets into ORD at 0252. The planes turns and goes back to PHX at 0500a and arrives at 0630. :shock:

Just saw that there is an East Metal flight from PHX-ORD that leaves at 2145 and gets into ORD at 0252. The planes turns and goes back to PHX at 0500a and arrives at 0630. :shock:

Now that is great utilization of a plane that would normally just sit in PHX. Having all the hubs on seperate coasts really allows aircraft to be utilized effectively.

Sounds like good utilization to me! Keep the planes in the air if there's people who'll fly those wee-hours services. If I was a business traveler in ORD needing to take a quick day-trip to Phoenix, leaving at 0500 and getting in at 0630 sounds like a good way to do it.

Just curious. Anyone see if the MCO-EYW flight is an actual non-stop or is it a through flight via FLL??? If it's direct, is a 2nd 170 being used, or are they now going to route the a/c DCA-MCO-EYW-FLL-EYW-FLL-EYW-MCO-DCA?

Back