Added Service On Wn Phl Routes

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
US Airways Increases Flights on Five Philadelphia Routes
Friday February 20, 4:27 pm ET

ARLINGTON, Va., Feb. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways will increase the number of flights it operates between Philadelphia and Chicago-O'Hare, Las Vegas, Orlando, Fla., Phoenix and Providence, R.I., beginning May 2, 2004.

Press Release

Jim

Somewhat related to this, US advised the DOT by the Feb 15th deadline that service on the now-dormant PHL-MEX route would *not* be resumed.

Rob,

They don't let us 737 drivers get that far from home - afraid we'll get lost, I guess.

Does MEX mean Mexico City.

Jim

yea seriously....at some point you run out of Caribbean destinations to fly to and have to expand else where. Either add frequencies and airports serving Caribbean destinations or start adding more destinations in Mexico and Latin America.

BBoy, yes MEX = Mexico City.

700, right about the CLT-MEX, but I had thought maybe a BOS-PHL-MEX or a LGA-PHL-MEX routing could be profitable as well as present a high-visibility service LUV couldn't match.

This report to the DOT of continued dormancy doesn't mean US couldn't change their minds in the future - the route will likely just stay dormant unless/until somebody else asks for it.