Us Airways Doubters Eat Their Words

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05254/568969.stm

But experts had problems believing it would pull through. Back in December 2004, when the airline scrambled to recover from a Christmas holiday meltdown across its system, especially at Philadelphia International Airport, "I would have bet the rent they were done," Trippler said.

He felt comfortable enough at the time to say: "Stick a fork in them, folks." The comment was printed in newspapers around the world

A few months later, when it appeared that US Airways would make it, US Airways senior vice president Chris Chiames sent Trippler a plastic fork and attached a note: "Here is something you can use to eat your words."

Boy, he'll just mail people anything. :lol:

ringmaruf said:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05254/568969.stm
Boy, he'll just mail people anything. :lol:
[post="299590"][/post]​
"Trippler had the fork framed -- it now hangs on the wall of his Minneapolis office."

Went to get my enema kit framed today and just about died when they told me how much it cost. Folks we are all in the wrong business. The money is in frames.

I think I'll just send it back........ but I need to be quick, because the sender is a SHORT TIMER. tic toc tic toc. :D

And then there is this quote and it is a testament to best front line in the air.......

"Smarter people would have quit a long time ago," he said. "The people of US Airways deserve to succeed through this merger. They earned it."

Sending members of the media plastic forks is just unbelievable. Perhaps, if Chiames had spent more time working with the press instead of against them the perception of this company would be much better. Problem is so many members of the media have so much disdain for Chiames that it has without a doubt hurt US Airways. Now you can see why this guy wasn't offered a job in Tempe.

EyeInTheSky said:
Sending members of the media plastic forks is just unbelievable. Perhaps, if Chiames had spent more time working with the press instead of against them the perception of this company would be much better. Problem is so many members of the media have so much disdain for Chiames that it has without a doubt hurt US Airways. Now you can see why this guy wasn't offered a job in Tempe.
[post="299659"][/post]​

Yup, and I would have thought it would continue with the new management becuase of bad feelings. But, the new management of US has not officially taken over and the PHL Inquirer is even cutting the airline slack and is giving them positive press. The must be getting good feelings from their sister The Arizona Republic who seems to really like HP.

Someone needs to get to Dan at the Post Gazette......his name seems to always be appended to any article that has a negative slam against US. Guess he must have been denied a comp upgrade somewhere.

MarkMyWords said:
Guess he must have been denied a comp upgrade somewhere.
[post="299676"][/post]​

Or, he is upset that PIT's hometown airline has systematically destroyed a once beautiful hub after years and years of high fares. :shock:

MarkMyWords said:
Someone needs to get to Dan at the Post Gazette......his name seems to always be appended to any article that has a negative slam against US. Guess he must have been denied a comp upgrade somewhere.
[post="299676"][/post]​
MarkMyWords, their is no comp anything with the press and US Airways. Plus, most members of the "legitimate" media are banned from taking any compensation whether it be a free ticket, upgrade, club pass, etc.. because it goes against most publishers code of ethics. The only time the press gets any special treatment is during organized press trips that launch new service or equipment or to interview someone at corporate headquarters.

Dan is actually one of the better reporters covering US Airways. Not that the competition is all that great, but he's one of the better ones.

It's weird you say this article has a negative slant given that it's all about how the doubters were wrong. Any article about the future of the airline business would be irresponsible to fail to mention fuel prices as an issue.

MarkMyWords said:
[post="299676"][/post]​

Eye -

I was being sarcastic.

vc10 -

Reading Dans' articles, he is anything but objective. In his articel about the new livery airplane, in one of the first paragraphs he choses to focus on the ONE employee that gave the new livery a "thumbs down". Read any article Dan writes and there is always a negative slant to everything.

Latest posts