US AIRWAYS EAST and WEST SPLIT

No reason to split. The way things are going there won't be any contract negotiations that increase pay or benefits so it will eventually save the Company money.

Hell, why seperate? The company is raking in the $$$$ with keeping the pilots/flight attendants seperate. It's a HUGE money maker for them. Throw in the other work groups making bottom of the bucket wages and there ya go. Keep up the good work with that on-time performance as Doug plays a round of 18 holes. :lol: Nobody is splitting anything here. ;)

Keep up the good work with that on-time performance as Doug plays a round of 18 holes. :lol: Nobody is splitting anything here. ;)

That on-time performance seems to be waaaay down. :p :p :p I love it!!! Can you say CHAOS too!! Pay your employees industry standard or shut it down!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

As a high number the US-East pilots begin retiring in the next 5-8 years, what determines which union any future newly hired pilots go to?

As a high number the US-East pilots begin retiring in the next 5-8 years, what determines which union any future newly hired pilots go to?

One union and that is USAPA. Do you mean, under which contract? If a pilot is based in PHX it is under the west contract, based east is under east's contract. We'll be that way for the foreseeable future. Which is better? It's a toss up, the east has more retirements and is getting the growth aircraft, the west has a better contract.

What's left of the west, couldn't survive without the east.

Does PHX operate like a hub on the scale of PHL or CLT.

I notice in the Inflight mag, that US only service

one destination each in

NM, UT and OR

two desitinations in NV and WA, and non in the upper mountain states.l

Is PHX all about local traffic and CA to the SE and Mexico?

Hey, that may be fine and maybe they connect a lot of folk to the NE and Midwest through PHX.

It just looks kind of skimpy.

Hey, that may be fine and maybe they connect a lot of folk to the NE and Midwest through PHX.

PHX does give US access to trans-con passengers from the mid-sized and smaller markets out west - look at the list of cities west of DEN served from PHX that aren't served from either PHL or CLT. Also the center of the country offered some of that synergy - as either Parker or Lakefield said before the actual merger (as best as I remember), take a businessman in DFW, who until the merger could take US to eastern markets, HP to western markets or take AA either way. Neither airline could separately offer that so US and HP was at a competitive disadvantage in the broad center of the country. After the merger and route alignment, US could offer that business man the same options that AA could. So PHX does handle a fair amount of connections that people use.

On the other hand, though LAS is still the 2nd biggest O&D market (behind LAX) and PHX is #8 (ahead of PHL's #16 and CLT's #28), look who the biggest competition is in both - WN. In fact, PHX has a higher percentage of O&D passengers compared to enplaned passengers than either PHL or CLT.

Despite it's O&D numbers, the problem at LAS in particular is WN keeps the fares down so yield is only 12.1 cents. You can see why it was dropped as a hub - that's US' CASM +/- a fraction of a cent. PHX is better at 14.14 cents - which is why it's still a hub. To serve all those mid-sized and smaller markets with service to the eastern half of the country and East coast mid/small markets to the west coast. Most of those markets don't have the passenger numbers to support either non-stop service from them west to east or east to west.

The reality is that the West couldn't continue operating without the East and that the East couldn't continue operating without the West in the current environment.

Note - the numbers and rankings are 2010 data

Jim

Does PHX operate like a hub on the scale of PHL or CLT.

I notice in the Inflight mag, that US only service

one destination each in

NM, UT and OR

two desitinations in NV and WA, and non in the upper mountain states.l

It just looks kind of skimpy.

Sorry, your company was aquired and is now based in Tempe, AZ. The West, where CA and New Mexico is located, not PA or North Carolina.

I'll tell you what is skimpy, skippy. It's that so-called union, I think the name is USAPA. It can kiss my Westie rear end.

We are sick and tired of Us Air and the carcass that is stinking up our house in AZ. If you have any doubts, watch the PHX crew news.

We did not need you in 2005 and we don't need you now. Why should we clean up the mess Dougie dropped in our back yard 6 years ago? He should have waited a week and picked up the pieces.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but in reality, I don't really care.

I'm sick of the Eastie whine.

US Airways will never catch up with WN in the PHX / LAS market. WN has over 213 daily flights out of LAS and 179 our of PHX. And that does not include the few that will come from the purchase of Airtran.

US Airways will never catch up with WN in the PHX / LAS market. WN has over 213 daily flights out of LAS and 179 our of PHX. And that does not include the few that will come from the purchase of Airtran.
LAS - probably not anytime soon, especially since the hub no longer exists. US is about #4 or 5 in market share (enplaned passengers) But at PHX US has a 6 point advantage over WN in market share.

Jim

Until Us Airways can compete with Southwest in the West, PHX is the stinking carcass.

Back at ya. I can't wait until Southwest Airlines, you know the one who acquired Airtran. The airline based in Atlanta and Dallas shuts down CLT.

That would be funny. Usapians sitting in their trailer knitting sweaters for living.

http://www.youtube.com/user/InternetTrashTalk?blend=10&ob=5

I can't BELIEVE, no wait yes I can that employees would still argue over who aquired who and who save who. Look around people. You are working for a company that did NOT have your (east or west) best interest at heart. We all know how it financially broke down and NEITHER airline had a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. Moving along. And as for the "aquired" part..... YEP, stand up for your leader. :rolleyes: I wouldn't even admit who I worked for if I were you. The employees of US are in it together though seperated by contracts. Get over it. The likes of the "new" Delta and the "new" United will be laughing their hoonies off at this jackass piddley merger. :rolleyes:

Back