US Airways employee tried to hang himself

Right Bobbie, closet rod don't work? Maybe he should have jumped out in front of a train or crashed his car head-on into a school bus and taken a few children?
Yes, I will go out a limb and say that a workplace suicide attempt is a message, don't pretend it isn't.

And how lofty of you to suggest that someone could walk away from a job that they may have been at for 25+ years. Jobs are a choice? Is eating, paying for your home and health insurance just another choice? Jobs are in short supply in PIT, If they are handing out new jobs on every street corner then I'd love to live in your land.

Agreed.

The really sad thing about this whole event is the irony of where this event took place.

What once was a vibrant, alive, productive place to work, has turned into a run down, depressing place to see and work, and is weeks away from a possible closing.

The part of the building this tragic event took place is very depressing.

What once was a vibrant life, had become so depressing to someone, that the final choice was made, and was seconds away from taking place.

Just like PIT.

For all we know, this guy could have outside issues other than US Airways that could have contributed to this decision he made.

I think in the interest of fairness, we should collect all of the evidence before blaming US Airways for a guy choosing to take his own life.

For all we know he could have picked the workplace because of the availability of rope and something to hang himself from. The rods in most closets won't suffice and the average home doesn't have a good place to hang yourself usually. The workplace could have just been an unfortunately convenient place to attempt suicide.

As long as we're on the subject, one should never put their self in a position where they cannot walk out of a job on a moment's notice. If you think you have no choice but to stay, then that's the wrong job for you. And staying is a personal choice. Leaving may require sacrifice, but a job is not worth taking your life over.

I agree with you, whoever is blaming the company for this is ridiculous. That type of logic is baffling. It's like blaming Mc Donalds, Video Games, or even parents for the thousands of teen suicides each year.

Hundreds of people have jumped off the golden gate bridge, not because of the bridge itself.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
If you need help, please dial 1-800-273-TALK

Please don't make assumptions about this person's crisis. This is very, very personal and delicate.

We don't know what triggered this and we will never know because it's personal information that we'll never be privy to. Which is fine by me.

Keep this person in your prayers and leave it at that.

Please don't make assumptions about this person's crisis. This is very, very personal and delicate.

We don't know what triggered this and we will never know because it's personal information that we'll never be privy to. Which is fine by me.

Keep this person in your prayers and leave it at that.

amen

I'm sorry to learn of this......I am also sorry to learn this person doesn't quite 'fit in' so to speak and is one that everybody likes to make fun of and tease.
Something to think about for the sick minded who enjoy this kind of fun.

Latest posts