US Airways Express - 3; Mother Nature - 0

ITRADE

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
DCA/IAD US2
www.geocities.com
Well, you all heard about the Express aircraft (Colgan B-1900) that met up with a moose up at BHB.[BR][BR]You read here on [A href=http://www.usaviation.com/]www.usaviation.com[/A] about the Allegheny Dash-8 that minced up some geese in New York.[BR][BR]Now, I've heard that a Piedmont Dash-8 got introduced to a deer on the highspeed or another taxiway at CLT. Info on this latest attempt at speed catering?

It was 36L on Friday, the 13th. Took out either the nose gear or one of the mains. Runway was closed for at least an hour. Several flights had to divert.

From what i understand on ldg. the a/c mains touched the runway and before the nose was lowered the dear struck the nosewheel. a/c had extensive damage to nose gear and will be ots for a bit

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/18/2002 8:33:06 PM lindy wrote:
[P]It was 36L on Friday, the 13th. Took out either the nose gear or one of the mains. Runway was closed for at least an hour. Several flights had to divert. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]1 hour? Is that how long it took to get catering out to the runway? [BR][BR]The report says that the deer was struck near touchdown point near E3.[BR][BR]Did that also result in the closure of Runway 5? I would have figured they would have used 5 for arrivals and 36R for departures - or 5 for departures and 36R for arrivals.[BR][BR]

[FONT color=#cccccc]"Did that also result in the closure of Runway 5? I would have figured they would have used 5 for arrivals and 36R for departures - or 5 for departures and 36R for arrivals."[BR][BR][/FONT][FONT color=#000000]Yeah right. This is CLT you're talking about. I've never seen any efficiency there.[/FONT]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/18/2002 9:05:10 PM propjok wrote:

From what i understand on ldg. the a/c mains touched the runway and before the nose was lowered the dear struck the nosewheel. a/c had extensive damage to nose gear and will be ots for a bit
----------------
[/blockquote]
Yes. Even though the NLG retracts fwd, it was facing aft, wedged under the A/C. Had to be tremenous force to do that. Good sized buck ( 10-12 pointer ) was actually cut in half.

It's being served on tonight's CLT-LGW flight as an entree in Envoy Class. :)

Mmmmmmm. Venison!