US Airways Express Roster

DakotaHC8

Aug 20, 2002
I thought I was pretty clued into what is going on with Us Airways Express, but to be honest I am having trouble keeping up with the multitude of different express carriers.
I remember the three that US Airways owns, but after that it gets kinda fuzzy. I''ll try to list out only the ones that go by US Airways Express and leave off the new outfits they added in the carribean.
1. Allegheny
2. Piedmont
3. PSA
4. Mesa Airlines
5. Air Midwest
6. Freedom Airlines
7. Chautauqua Airlines
8. Shuttle America
9. Republic Airlines
10. Colgan Air
11. Trans States Airlines
12. Midway
That should be it, unless Im forgetting someone. Im pretty sure that CCAir has been grounded by Mesa Inc., and who knows if Midatlantic will paint express on their aircraft, even though thats what they''ll be doing/paid. Ok, let''s toss them in then.
13. MidAtlantic
Wow, what a confusing amount of airlines. I know that many others have come/gone in the recent past as well, such as
14. CCAir
15. Commutair
16. Potomac
Not to forget Suburban, Crown, and Florida Gulf in the last decade...
Sure must be a handful to keep track of all of those different airlines, let alone remember their names. Add to the list if I missed any, thanks

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/2/2003 10:54:30 AM atitagain wrote:

HOW ABOUT PENNSYLVANIA AIRLINES.
----------------
[/blockquote]
As many know, Pennsylvania from MDT and Suburban of RDG were merged to form Allegheny sometime in the early 90's with the HDQ remaining to date in MDT.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/2/2003 11:02:51 AM AtlanticBeach wrote:

And Henson Aviation before it merged with Piedmont as an Express.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Henson is Piedmont. There was no merger. After the U and Piedmont merger the name was transferred to Henson to protect the rights.

Same thing with PSA. PSA is still Legally known as Jetstream D.B.A. PSA Airlines. Or at least it was 3 years ago.

I do not know what Allegheny's name was prior to all this but they were the same type of deal, Name change to protect the name rights.

As to all the contract carriers.....who can keep count with so many.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/2/2003 6:33:25 AM ITRADE wrote:

Can somebody give flight number ranges for these carriers?

Also, going back a few years, you should add Liberty Express.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Air Midwest Airlines,Inc
5425-5699

Allegheny Airlines, Inc.
3500 - 3999

Midway Airlines, Inc.
5000 - 5249
(these used to be CCAir's numbers)

Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
4200 - 4449
4750 - 4924 (Regional Jets)

Colgan Air, Inc.
5900 - 5999

Mesa Airlines, Inc.
4600-4649
5700 - 5899 (Regional Jets)

Piedmont Airlines, Inc.
3000 - 3499

PSA Airlines, Inc.
4000 - 4199

Shuttle America, Inc.
4450-4599

Trans States Airlines, Inc.
5250-5324 (Regional Jets)
5325-5424

http://www.usairways.com/about/corporate/e...ss/airlines.htm

Then there was always "Allegheny Metro Express",
not to be confused with MetroJet or Mid Atlantic

There is a name from the past.....StatesWest. If I remember correctly Scott Houk who is now one of the Top Dags in the Express Division was the one who started that company. I see the name Republic, but are they operating any flights?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/2/2003 11:51:42 AM ONTHESTREET wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/2/2003 11:02:51 AM AtlanticBeach wrote:

And Henson Aviation before it merged with Piedmont as an Express.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Henson is Piedmont. There was no merger. After the U and Piedmont merger the name was transferred to Henson to protect the rights.

[/blockquote]

Actually, you are both kind of right. Henson Airlines was sold to Piedmont by Mr. Henson. and since Regional airlines are never "merged" with Major airlines, Henson was run as a wholly owned Express to Piedmont. Then alas, USAir buys Piedmont, Henson is, of course, included in the transaction because we were part of Piedmont. Henson becomes a wholly owned of the new USAir.
ONTHESTREET is correct in that after a few years the "Piedmont" callsign was to become publicly available and Henson was formally changed to Piedmont to preserve the name