US Airways f/as join battle over liquor license

Well, heavens....we've gotten off the thread a bit.

This is a political issue within the state of New Mexico. And they are trying to make us into a scapegoat.

There was a horrible accident that accured after one of our pax decided to drive after one of our flights.I think several people died. His inbound flight was so short, I have serious doubts that we had anything to do with it. It was so short...there was a limited service if that. Maybe none.

From the newspaper accounts that I've read, the State of New Mexico either jerked our liquor licence or decided we never had one to begin with. It's a little foggy.

I'm sure there is a huge law suit involved.

I for one don't think any of our F/A's should be involved in trying to help the company get their liquor license back. This is an issue that we should remove ourselves from.
This not our area.
:(

This is a political issue within the state of New Mexico. And they are trying to make us into a scapegoat.

There was a horrible accident that accured after one of our pax decided to drive after one of our flights.I think several people died. His inbound flight was so short, I have serious doubts that we had anything to do with it. It was so short...there was a limited service if that. Maybe none.

From the newspaper accounts that I've read, the State of New Mexico either jerked our liquor licence or decided we never had one to begin with. It's a little foggy.

This crap is all Gary Richardson, does not have anything to do with the membership. None of us on the West have heard one thing about this, via email or anything. This is all his doing. Kind of like Mike Flores talking to Inflight management, making a deal without any of his members feedback or vote. :down:

I for one don't think any of our F/A's should be involved in trying to help the company get their liquor license back. This is an issue that we should remove ourselves from.
This not our area.
:(
Agreed. The Company is being used as a political scapegoat and the Union needs to stay out. I resent paying Union dues for a leadership that would rather spend time on issues that are literally non of our business (Corporate put the Airline IN THIS MESS) and drag their collective barganing feet on getting a NEW CONTRACT. What next....A Save the Whale Campaign or Birth Control for Sea Lions?

It is odd an AFA rep would be spending his time and resources on ENCOURAGING more alcohol consumption on board aircraft.

Perhaps it’s in anticipation of commission-based pay.

It will only be time before the flight attendants have "blue light special" announcements and run around with flashing blue and red lights on their heads. Pretty soon airport terminals will want to get into the act.

I can see it now, little moveable kiosks outside each gate, hawking blankets, food, toys, players, liquids and gels and box cutters turning every concourse into a virtual bazaar.

Oh, we have that already? Never mind.

This is issue is so politically proper anymore that US Airways FA's are being made the scapegoat.

Richardson is probably trying to stress to the New Mexico liquor board that US West FA's have been trained and trained and trained on alchohol comsumption abuse onboard the a/c. I think Richardson is trying to stop the board from forcing yet more training on the West FA's.

West FA's have been focused on intoxicated passengers each and every year of recurrent and initial training. From identifying signs of intoxication to handling the removal of an intoxicated passenger. The don't need more training and more training is exactly what the New Mexico liquor board wants.

There are no other FA's in the industry that deal with alcohol incidents as often as West FA's since they have a major hub is LAS. West FA's have been the best trained in the industry and any west FA will testify to that. This is a crock of crap to try and blame West FA's and force more training on them because they are "not properly trainined" B*&(s(&^!!

The ONLY way we can stop an intoxicated passenger from boarding and having yet another drink is to stop each passenger during boarding, have a brief conversation with them, evaluate and then let them find their seat.

Intoxicated passengers in don't always stagger and get beligerent. In the eyes of the law...if you have a even a small amount of alcohol in your blood system, you're intoxicated. It doesn't mean you can't function. This mess has been blown way out of proportion. I guess that pax in first class can't have that refill of his wine glass more than twice???

I think the article got it wrong. I for one don't want any additional training... maybe that is what Gary is trying to PREVENT.

As for comments about Chug-a-lug-Doug... they hurt my feelings too! (sarcastic) :lol:

what a bunch of pro-propaganda...ra-ra-ra.....hoooraaay for US...were up to bat for OUR company.....what a total bunch of CRAP....dont,wont cant and shouldnt believe any of it....

I think the article got it wrong. I for one don't want any additional training... maybe that is what Gary is trying to PREVENT.

As for comments about Chug-a-lug-Doug... they hurt my feelings too! (sarcastic) :lol:

Gary is trying to stick up for his members by realizing that this whole thing is ridiculous and West Fa's are so well trained on intoxicated passengers that to blame them is nonsense.

He also wants to prevent any additional training for West FA's, which would be a crock anyway, since they already know what they are doing.

what a bunch of pro-propaganda...ra-ra-ra.....hoooraaay for US...were up to bat for OUR company.....what a total bunch of CRAP....dont,wont cant and shouldnt believe any of it....
:lol: Believe me, most of US don't believe ANYTHING that comes out of the desert and the Ministry of Propaganda.

Back