Afa: March On Washington!

firstamendment said:
True, All I got was indebt and the reality that I was much more codependant than I thought...not to mention the therapy bills. :eek: :p :lol:
[post="204615"][/post]​
hey firstamendment, believe it or not you can go it alone and sometimes we discover a deeper meaning when we focus our attention on the person in the mirror. often times we neglect to stop and smell the flowers because we are to busy trying to please someone else ;) JMHO!

aislehopper said:
To quote Pat Friend in her Address to the CWA Convention Upon Being Sworn in as the First afa Vice President of CWA and Executive Board Member

"Together we can turn back corporate attacks on our contracts. Together we can defeat attacks on our pensions and health care benefits, and, together, we can remove George Bush from the White House. "

With rhetoric like this, I doubt that the afa-CWA is going to have much of an "in" with the Bush administration.

ah
[post="204606"][/post]​
absolutely correct aislehopper....this constant snivelling from certain "militant" union members does nothing to promote unionism....It only helps to keep it in the 1930's mindset and why unions are at there lowest membership rate ever, and why the "average Joes" of America look to unions less and less

local 12 proud said:
hey firstamendment, believe it or not you can go it alone and sometimes we discover a deeper meaning when we focus our attention on the person in the mirror. often times we neglect to stop and smell the flowers because we are to busy trying to please someone else ;) JMHO!
[post="204648"][/post]​

Thanks local, that has been done. That relationship was a long time ago. Infact, I took a 7 year break for that reason since any last invovlement. Going at it alone is a good thing indeed. Self realization IS a good thing. It doesn't solve all the problems in the world one has, be one does have more resolve. Thanks for the advice. Take care. ;)

(THIS EVENT MADE THE USATODAY PAPER THIS WEEK)

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/today/sky.htm#rally

Attendants take gripe to the top: Flight attendants and supporters will rally at Lafayette Park opposite the White House Dec. 14 to "focus attention on the critical need for government action to stop management's assault on workers' pensions, health care and jobs," the Association of Flight Attendants said. The rally and candlelight march will kick off a "Get to Work Washington" campaign designed to end rules the union says permit companies to abuse the bankruptcy process to "strip workers of retirement security and health care, impose devastating wage cuts and destroy careers." Separately, the union said American Eagle attendants will picket for a new contract today at Chicago O'Hare from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. outside the terminal housing American counters. The union said American Eagle attendants work 14- to 16-hour days, with schedules that don't include bathroom or meal breaks. They also face unsanitary working conditions and eight-hour "rest" periods that include passenger handling, aircraft cleaning and commuting to and from their hotel.

PITbull said:
CHAOS shirts are in at the local office in PIT.

See you at the Rally. :)
[post="228220"][/post]​

PitBULL::

Just keep on steering our customers to other
carriers. Pretty soon, you'll have exactly what
you want. A long vacation with UC pay.

SpinDoc said:
PitBULL::

Just keep on steering our customers to other
carriers. Pretty soon, you'll have exactly what
you want. A long vacation with UC pay.
[post="229234"][/post]​

And keep on "spinning the same BS". Yeah, blame Pitbull, oh great fearful one. :down: :down:

Oh joy, a bunch of flight attendants whining about how they deserve more money and how they will destroy an airline to protest their crappy jobs.

Go back to school, learn a skill, no one owes the flight attendants anything. But the flight attendants owe wages to the union :D

Jennyann said:
YES!!!!!!! We all must go! Please keep all of us posted on this!!!
[post="204570"][/post]​

GIRLS................... CALM DOWN ! Bill Clinton hasnt worked there in 5 year s !

PHL said:
I guess all the other people in this country who earn under $15/hour
[post="204636"][/post]​

:rolleyes: Snore....

Do we have to explain flight crew pay AGAIN? The average American (country, not airline) F/A makes $17 per flight hour, of which is only while they are in the air, not the rest of thier work day. Using the $17 figure, this works out to $8 an hour in real people hours. Except they work for up to 14 hours a day, often without breaks.

Learn what you are talking about before you warble out bile about other people's professions.

HPearlyretiree said:
Oh joy, a bunch of flight attendants whining about how they deserve more money and how they will destroy an airline to protest their crappy jobs.
[post="229278"][/post]​

Retiree:

I don't think anyone was asking for more money and I think you owe the FA's from U an apology for your statement.