Dec 14---march On Washington

The average AA flight attendant doesn't care what goes on in their own airline or union. What makes anyone think they will care about another airline's flight attendants.

Skyhigh states: HOW IGNORANT. Ever think how industry standards are made?
Pay scales? Duty rigs? Benefits? WE ALL FIGHT FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to say thank you to two AA flight attendants I encountered on the Lot D bus in LAX. I was coming home from a trip and not feeling very well. These two kind women took notice of me and took the time to say "We support you guys at US Airways. Good luck! It's OUR fight too!"

I can't tell you how much that meant to me, those kind words. And I fully expect some members of APFA to be in that march on December 14th.

We have to stand up to this concerted effort by airline management to destroy the profession we flight attendants at all airlines have fought to improve. Remember, the flight attendants fought to get better emergency training. Fought to have improved Emergency Medical Kits onboard. Fought to have safer, less toxic materials used in making the aircraft interiors.

We are the last line of defense in the event of a hijacking. We are ones who put ourselves at risk should a customer become violent protecting our customers. We are ready to do our best in any emergency. I'm very proud to be a flight attendant. And I am ready to stand with my fellow professionals at any airline.

US Airways probably won't make it. There's nothing I can do about that. Giving up more of my paycheck and benefits just isn't enough to undo years of inept and lackadasical management. But I can still make an effort to make managements understand they have to do their jobs as skillfully as most flight attendants do.

Again, thank you.

Dea

SKY HIGH said:
The average AA flight attendant doesn't care what goes on in their own airline or union. What makes anyone think they will care about another airline's flight attendants.

Well, one good reason to be concerned about what's happening at 2 other major carriers is that it soon will come down the road to a theatre near you! The industry is changing dramatically and if US and UAL can pull off destroying unionized contracts, don't you think management at AA is waiting with baited breathe to see this outcome, I mean AA is on shaky ground too!

I would like to add my thank you for those supporting we f/a's at US Airways. It really does my heart good to hear genuine words of support from so many AA f/a's. We are NOT each other's enemy. :)

*copied from labor issues...your AMFA leader at work!

Decision 2004
post Today, 12:54 AM
Post #34

Group Icon
Group: Founders Club
Member No.: 3,622

Another mind blowing weak attempt to cover up the truth.

Not enough nads to with-hold production, so the AFL-CIO will go hold hands and candles instead. And a desire for a frilly wardrobe as well.

What girlie men they are.

Yeah, that'll fix our problems, let's go have a gay and lesbian candle light vigil and shed tears in front of george W.

Sorry, I wont be their to help expose the weaker side of organized labor in 2004.

Early Labor Leaders are rolling in their grave
s at this one.

Garfield1966 said:
I was waiting to see of someone had the brain cells and ballas to say that. I am happy to be prooved wrong. I never thought it would happen.

And just a FYI. No you cannot get removed with pay to attend.
[post="205980"][/post]​
..dont count you chicks yet-y'all-
just remember November 1993-
roger and out-

firstamendment said:
I would like to add my thank you for those supporting we f/a's at US Airways. It really does my heart good to hear genuine words of support from so many AA f/a's. We are NOT each other's enemy. :)
[post="227178"][/post]​

...Go get em....
wish I could be there-
Unity-AC

I was there and I believe approx. 200 or so also attended...not to mention the lady in the plastic tent with the Chernobyl literature. The event went well even though the cold temperature and high winds existed. I believe there were four unions represented, though more may have passed me in the dark. Sonny Hall, retired TWU, and Robert Roach, IAM , the AFL-CIO, spoke in support of the F/A's and our industry in general. It was good to see solidarity still exists...thx for the chance to attend!

Flight Attendants Rally at White House

By SIOBHAN McDONOUGH
The Associated Press
Tuesday, December 14, 2004; 10:57 PM

WASHINGTON - Airline employees, rallying outside the White House, accused the Bush administration Tuesday of siding with airline managers who the attendants said are claiming financial hardship to deny their employees a decent living.

"We will strike when the first bankruptcy judge throws out a flight attendant contract," Patricia Friend, president of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, said at a rally by 200 airline workers at Lafayette Park across from the White House.

Flight attendants, pilots, maintenance workers and their supporters marched in biting cold to protest what they called a long deterioration in working conditions, accelerated by efforts at airlines such as United and US Airways to use the bankruptcy process to cancel union contracts and impose deep pay cuts.

"Bankruptcy is not a license to steal," said Ed Wytkind, president of the AFL-CIO's Transportation Trades Department.

Friend faulted the White House and Congress for letting airline executives bid for bailouts without protecting jobs, health insurance pensions or wages of the workers. Speaking about the government, she said, "We are not just going to stand by and let you destroy our industry."

Her union said last month it would hold strike-authorization votes at four major airlines, United, US Airways, ATA and Hawaiian. Union officials said they would await the outcome of the airlines' bankruptcy proceedings before deciding whether to strike.

"Our airlines are Wal-Mart with wings," AFL-CIO President John Sweeney told the demonstrators. "Thousands of workers and tens of thousands of passengers are sharing substandard and potentially unsafe working and traveling conditions."

US Airways said in a statement Tuesday that it continues to negotiate with its flight attendants' union to reach agreements that both parties can accept.

It said a strike would not be legal under current circumstances. "It would ground this airline and send approximately 5,400 flight attendants to the unemployment line," the statement said. "That option would not be in anyone's best interest."

Donna Hansen, 48, for 18 years a flight attendant with United, said she is flying 15 more hours a month now than when she started and being paid less after inflation: $40.97 per flight hour now compared with $37 in 1986.

"They're using bankruptcy to get leverage with unions and enforce concessions on the employees," she said. "We work more hours to get less pay."

Shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Congress established a $15 billion airline bailout to compensate the carriers for losses caused by the emergency. The legislation also set up the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, which compensated survivors or families of victims of the attacks on condition that they forgo lawsuits against airlines.

Glad you were able to attend. Their issues involve all of us. We need to hold more rallies to bring awareness to the public.