US Airways Group Inc Stock Downgraded

traderjake

Veteran
Aug 30, 2002
http://www.thestreet.com/story/11298462/1/us-airways-group-inc-stock-downgraded-lcc.html

Just wait till LOA93 comes in shortly, then we will begin to hear all the doom and gloom stories that we hve heard so many times before.

Lets buy AA, that will fix everything :lol: Can you imagine owning AA after they dump all their employee pensions in bankruptcy court. :ph34r:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

Oh, yeah. Add something like 60,000 employees (over 30,000 union employees) who have just had their pensions scrapped--most of whom have been in the airline business longer than most of you have been alive (remember the average age of the flight attendant corps is 50 now). The seniority integration mess will make your current pilot issues seem like a cakewalk in retrospect. That will improve things immensely. :lol:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11298462/1/us-airways-group-inc-stock-downgraded-lcc.html

I can't beleive anyone pays attention to these "analysts" any more. They rate crap mortgages as AAA investments so they can make a buck for themselves, why would I trust anything else any of them say? In their own statement they claim LCC has historically performed poorly but also cliaim the stock is more expensive than it's peer group. And people wonder why there are protests on Wall Street.

Just wait till LOA93 comes in shortly, then we will begin to hear all the doom and gloom stories that we hve heard so many times before.

Let's flesh out your observation.

US struggles to make money consistently now paying Spirit level wages.

LOA93 ruling is favorable to USAPA causing US to cough up a ton of dough.

The rancor between the 2 pilot groups intensifies effecting operations company wide.

Seeing the LOA93 victory other unions become emboldened and increase their demands to the point of strike votes

IMO, This airline has the potential to be the next Eastern Airlines if a few of the dominoes fall a certain way. Do I think they'll fall that way? NO!, but they could. With all the court cases and economic climate being what it is who can say?

Let's flesh out your observation.

US struggles to make money consistently now paying Spirit level wages.

LOA93 ruling is favorable to USAPA causing US to cough up a ton of dough.

The rancor between the 2 pilot groups intensifies effecting operations company wide.

Seeing the LOA93 victory other unions become emboldened and increase their demands to the point of strike votes

IMO, This airline has the potential to be the next Eastern Airlines if a few of the dominoes fall a certain way. Do I think they'll fall that way? NO!, but they could. With all the court cases and economic climate being what it is who can say?

Yup.

Oh, well.

Concession stand closed years ago.

Do I want to lose my job? No, of course not. Am I prepared to do so in order to see the employees treated fairly here? Yes, indeed I am.

If US Airways can't make money like the other airlines (whichever type one chooses: legacy, upstart, etc.) and must resort to making a profit off the backs of their employees, then let it die. Industry standard for all employees, or shut the doors. Enough is enough. Life will go on without US Airways in the skies.

Yup.

Oh, well.

Do I want to lose my job? No, of course not. Am I prepared to do so in order to see the employees treated fairly here? Yes, indeed I am.

If US Airways can't make money like the other airlines (whichever type one chooses: legacy, upstart, etc.) and must resort to making a profit off the backs of their employees, then let it die. Industry standard for all employees, or shut the doors. Enough is enough. Life will go on without US Airways in the skies.

I dont believe you. Prove me wrong and skip your dist learning when you get fired then I will believe you.

Injunction

Yup.

Oh, well.

2bill in cash 1.14 due in 24 mos, the PIIGS, nuff said, LOA93, SHOW US THE MONEY, FULL PAY TO THE LAST DAY! I AGREE SHUT THE DOOR!

2bill in cash 1.14 due in 24 mos, the PIIGS, nuff said, LOA93, SHOW US THE MONEY, FULL PAY TO THE LAST DAY! I AGREE SHUT THE DOOR!
Typical east pilot thinking. Can't get what you want but don't deserve and aren't able to negotiate so you want to burn the place down. No regard for the other 29,000 employees who want their jobs, no regard for the investors who want a return for keeping this place funded and operating, no regard for the passengers who just want to fly, no regard for the suppliers who will take the hit for US going under first by not having their invoices paid and second by losing a big portion of their future business. Selfish to the core.

BTW, why would you want to close the place down if you are getting restored wages from Kasher? Doesn't make sense, but you rarely do.

Back