Mesa Buys Mdd And Psa (rumor)

skyguy25

Advanced
Nov 30, 2003
The below was a post at another site.....thoughts?

""SEVERAL OF MY FRIENDS WHO STILL FLY AT ALLEGHENY HAVE TOLD ME THAT THIER DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS HAS INFORMED THEM THAT MESA HAS BOUGHT PSA AND MIDATLANTIC AIRWAYS. USAIRWAYS WILL ANNOUNCE THE BUY OUT SOMETIME WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. THE OTHER 2 WHOLLY OWNED CARRIERS ALLEGHNEY AND PIEDMONT ARE STILL UP FOR SALE . BOTH DASH 8 CARRIERS WILL MERGE INTO ONE CARRIER TO MAKE IT A EQUAL ASSET TO BE SOLD OFF. THIS WILL BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE FOLKS. I LOVED WORKING AT USAIRWAYS EXPRESS/ ALLEGHNEY (SYR)"""

MDA is not a seperate company, it flies off the mainline certificate, I believe it is the typical rumor mongers running amock once again.

I tend to agree with you 700. ALG/PDT way of stirring the pot even more. Maybe its there wishful thinking.

Its sad when the wholly owneds are trying to fight each other off. piedmagheny isnt getting jets so they are jealous of PSA. Then they start rumours that PSa is sold to the dreaded MESA.

Piedmont was not jealous that they didn't get jets! At the end of the month it's all about the paycheck, not what you fly. We were just mad that they promised us jets when we took paycuts and got nothing (how dumb we were to trust this management team). Hence the law suits and grievances that are filed by Piedmont... And for what its worth, I think PSA is one click above Mesa on the race to the bottom! (Well that was before MDA's contract, now they are the best of bottom feeders)... Anyway atleast one WO got jets, so enjoy them.... God, I love this profession I have chosen :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't disagree about the PSA on par with Mesa, but please remember that there is a lot of background to how things went down between PSA PDT and ALG. Its not fair to say one sold out the other, when the truth of the matter is ALPA sold out all three to protect the pilots at AAA.

As for PSA being sold to Mesa, its just not gonna happen. If, and thats a big IF, PSA is every separated from Group it will done via an IPO once the company is an established RJ carrier. IMHO, what you will see is Group forced to downsize MDA in favor of building up PSA which is already an operational RJ feed and growing rapidly. When the mainline pilots accept the fact that 50/50 on all aircraft placed at PSA is the only fair way to go, USAirways Group will be one step closer to having the long needed RJ feed to make this company viable again. USAirways being viable will allow RSA to invest and grow the mainline.

Sorry USA320Pilot, but selling off revenue generators (PSA, Shuttle, LGA/BOS slots) won't help the long term viability of this airline.

A Mesa CRJ captain told us G/As here at PIT that they've been informed "officially" that Mesa is purchasing PSA. It's kind of hard to put stock in anything anyone says until it actually happens...

Had not heard anything about MidAtlantic.

Piney,

Where is this "P"ing contest between you and Mesa taking place?

** Edit: nevermind. I think I found it in your trip report which I have not been reading.

Do you think that USAirways intentionally built up Mesa financially, so they could turn over control and assets to them?... Or is it a coincidence that Mesa has grown so quickly and wants alot of USAIRWAYS?...Any thoughts on this...

Mesa has mostly grown on the America West and United side. Lots of new CRJ-700/-900 aircaft being delivered. Also, Ornstein owned a good deal of pre-Chapt-11 USAirways stock. My guess is we will be seeing a whole lot more of Mesa sooner than later. Is also my best guess that our MEC will miss the boat on this once again. What will happen to the J4J and MAA pilots in case of fragmentation? Fragmentation is based on years of service, does the MAA Captain who is getting first year MAA pay get merged with one year of AAA seniority or with his origional 15? My bet..... The MEC will write anyone off who is not currently on full pay property. We at MAA are more like Piedmont to the AAA MEC, for sale cheap! Who knows, with my new Piedmont employee #, and new SSO affiliation, and the likelyhood if PDT and ALG merging, there may be a new IPO or Spin off in the future. 60-80 Dash-8's and 40-80 ERJ-170's (depending on how many are given away), is a pretty good sized airline.

O my God, some piedmont pilot (Capt.) has you drinking some good koolaid or smoking a fatty)... Piedmont/Alg are gonna be history if we stay within the US Airways System, u must only hope for a sell. Jet Blue, Please, Please buy us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US Airways will not be a airline in 2 years... It will all be over soon!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: