US Airways 1st quarter results

usair.jpg
You need to read better. It says 5 PLANES, and 4 AIRLINES.
maybe a plane in usair livery

At least in the pilot contract, I believe the profit sharing is based on an annual profit. From what I understood them to say was that they account for potential profit sharing on a quarterly basis. The simple version is that they make an accounting entry of 10% of the quarterly profit as potential profit sharing. Presumably, when the amount of actual profit sharing payout is known at the end of the year, an accounting adjustment would be made to match what was allocated for potential profit sharing with what would actually be paid out.

Jim

1. A profit sharing pool, based on the consolidated profits of US Airways Group, to be established at 10% of the pre-tax profit excluding unusual items (as reported, according to GAAP accounting practices) for pre-tax
margins ranging from 0.1% to 10%. In addition to the above, 15% of the pre-tax profit excluding unusual items (as reported, according to GAAP accounting practices) for pre-tax margins in excess of 10%.
2. The portion of the profit sharing pool allocated to pilots of US Airways and America West will be no less than 36%.
3. Profit sharing will be paid to each pilot who was employed by US Airways or America West during the year in which the profit was earned based on a formula for distribution to be determined by the Association.

Well there's the details of the profit sharing plan......Question though is how do they determine the profit margin??

Anyways if 300mil is 10% or so....then 30mil goes into a profit sharing pool. Which the pilots get 36% of that?? Which would equate to 10.8 mill to be distributed???

There is no doubt in my mind….U’s cooking the books to make it look good to Wall Street. NOBODY CAN MAKE ANY MONEY AT $73 A BARREL FOR OIL..!! :down:

NOBODY…..!!! :down:

SL

There is no doubt in my mind….U’s cooking the books to make it look good to Wall Street. NOBODY CAN MAKE ANY MONEY AT $73 A BARREL FOR OIL..!! :down:

NOBODY…..!!! :down:

SL

Such a positive comment! Must be part of that positive thinkers group located in Western PA! ;)

what a dumbass comment.

No kidding. Amazing how much fuel you can buy (even at record prices) following two bankruptcies, massive multiple employee paycuts and termination of employee pension plans.

No kidding. Amazing how much fuel you can buy (even at record prices) following two bankruptcies, massive multiple employee paycuts and termination of employee pension plans.
Just read today that AMR will need to cut 1 billion more to remain competitive. Guess where that's coming from. ;)

If it was not for the $90 million rebate from Airbus US would not have made a profit.

Just read today that AMR will need to cut 1 billion more to remain competitive. Guess where that's coming from. ;)

You need to read your own postings. i.e. "Just read today that AMR will need to cut 1 billion more to remain competitive." They did not say to remain profitable. They said, to remain competitive.

Since AMR already charges the highest fares for much better service, thereby placing themselves in a different niche altogether, I would suspect that the word, "competitive", means something like stock price rather than actual profit/loss.

You people need to read the fine print.

They made a profit on an accounting change and Excluding Special Items.

Add the special items in and there is no profit.
YOU never have anything to say positive unless it involves the CRAPPY IAM get ready to go back to work when you loose you wonderful sit on my ass union hall job, i bet you would sell out your mother for the IAM

Amazing how you have to try and resort to a personal attack.

I don't work for the IAM, how many times do I have to tell you this?

And my mother is dead and leave her out of it.

When will you get the intelligence to add and stay on topic instead of trying to attack me?

Well, I, for one, am SHOCKED! And you are right, this was acheived off the backs of the line employees that gave and gave and gave. We continue to give our best each day and after a few quarters of profits, there HAD better be raises for us all!
Give me a break people...you guys (East) had taken your cuts etc and (OLD) US was STILL about to bite the dust. This profit isn't just from the employee's "giving up so much". It's from a management that knows how to run things!

Give me a break people...you guys (East) had taken your cuts etc and (OLD) US was STILL about to bite the dust. This profit isn't just from the employee's "giving up so much". It's from a management that knows how to run things!
well i am gonna say that all in all , at the end of the day all that matters is that we made a profit and will continue to make a profit. everyone contributed to this effort . labor and non labor employees .EVERYONE. except 700UW B) . just playing , him too in a weird sort of way.

The employees at East BILLIONS of dollars of concessions kept US in business and enabled the merger, if you don't think otherwise you are nothing but a fool.