US Airways lands lowest satisfaction ratings in flier survey

You could have solved your wife's frustrations with a one word answer: Acela

(Bet they didn't have weather issues.)

As I stated before, Acela didn't work out for her for schedule reasons. She had a radiation treatment at 8AM and had to be on Capitol Hill by 1PM.

For those who know my wife, she had a recurrence of the breast cancer she had fought 5 years ago this past January. She is currently finishing up radiation treatment, and after a couple of minor procedures in June, we are hopefully done with this dreadful disease forever. She is fighting for legislation to mandate the disclosure of breast density at the time of mammograms--a potentially lifesaving disclosure.... If anyone is interested in more info you can PM me...we need everyone to contact their legislators to support this legislation.

As far as Acela is concerned, however, I am trying it on Thursday as I go to DC to drive my daughter's 92 Buick Roadmaster back with her...we brought it down over the weekend so she could have it for a student corporation retreat this week...and the tank did pretty well, getting 23mpg on the road (usually gets 10-12 around town).....

My BEST to you all....

More bad press:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303654804576345254232316730.html

Travelers may find it just a teeny-tiny bit easier to redeem miles this year compared with last year, according to a new study of 24 different frequent-flier programs world-wide.

Best among U.S. carriers: Southwest Airlines Co., which had award seats available for 99.3% of the queries made, and jetBlue Airways, which offered seats 79.3% of the time. Southwest and jetBlue both use points instead of miles, and IdeaWorks Co., the consulting firm that conducted the study, searched for award seats available at 25,000 points, the equivalent to standard awards at other airlines.

Worst among U.S. carriers: US Airways Group Inc. and Delta Air Lines Inc

More bad press:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303654804576345254232316730.html

Travelers may find it just a teeny-tiny bit easier to redeem miles this year compared with last year, according to a new study of 24 different frequent-flier programs world-wide.

Best among U.S. carriers: Southwest Airlines Co., which had award seats available for 99.3% of the queries made, and jetBlue Airways, which offered seats 79.3% of the time. Southwest and jetBlue both use points instead of miles, and IdeaWorks Co., the consulting firm that conducted the study, searched for award seats available at 25,000 points, the equivalent to standard awards at other airlines.

Worst among U.S. carriers: US Airways Group Inc. and Delta Air Lines Inc

At least US is consistant in what it strives to be. :p

Reactions: 1 person
USAirways management obsession with revenue leakage has put US in an unfriendly way

As I stated before, Acela didn't work out for her for schedule reasons. She had a radiation treatment at 8AM and had to be on Capitol Hill by 1PM.

For those who know my wife, she had a recurrence of the breast cancer she had fought 5 years ago this past January. She is currently finishing up radiation treatment, and after a couple of minor procedures in June, we are hopefully done with this dreadful disease forever. She is fighting for legislation to mandate the disclosure of breast density at the time of mammograms--a potentially lifesaving disclosure.... If anyone is interested in more info you can PM me...we need everyone to contact their legislators to support this legislation.

As far as Acela is concerned, however, I am trying it on Thursday as I go to DC to drive my daughter's 92 Buick Roadmaster back with her...we brought it down over the weekend so she could have it for a student corporation retreat this week...and the tank did pretty well, getting 23mpg on the road (usually gets 10-12 around town).....

My BEST to you all....

that is all fine and Dandy, but I've been in DCA a LOT and they do a pretty good job especially when the weather is bad you would expect a tough day...

It's fine to pick on legitimate issues but don't think picking on the gate agents constitutes a gripe...

Maybe a charter would of been a good choice... I know some good people here.

www.keyair.com

crazy,

I wasn't picking on anyone at all. I was merely relaying comments made by my wife. I have also been in DCA alot and have had mixed experiences.
My comments were more aimed to be critical of US management for encouraging the best of the experienced employees to leave....but I thought my wife's comments having no opinion of US one way or the other were of interest.

Oh - and by the way Acela was really nice...of course the ride back from Georgetown to Long Island wasn't but that's another story.

Have a great weekend everyone.

that is all fine and Dandy, but I've been in DCA a LOT and they do a pretty good job especially when the weather is bad you would expect a tough day...

It's fine to pick on legitimate issues but don't think picking on the gate agents constitutes a gripe...

Maybe a charter would of been a good choice... I know some good people here.

www.keyair.com

Customer perception is customer reality. Doesn't matter what the "Metrics" say, it's the perception of the person spending the money that determines whether a ticket gets bought. Remember one persons frugal in another persons cheap.

crazy,

I wasn't picking on anyone at all. I was merely relaying comments made by my wife. I have also been in DCA alot and have had mixed experiences.
My comments were more aimed to be critical of US management for encouraging the best of the experienced employees to leave....but I thought my wife's comments having no opinion of US one way or the other were of interest.

Oh - and by the way Acela was really nice...of course the ride back from Georgetown to Long Island wasn't but that's another story.

Have a great weekend everyone.

fair enough ART

Reactions: 1 person