US Airways Lets Customers Fly Now and Pay Later with Bill Me Later

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways Lets Customers Fly Now and Pay Later with Bill Me Later

Monday July 31, 10:00 am ET

Fifth Largest Domestic Airline Deploys Technology from I4 Commerce to Increase Customer Payment Choices

TIMONIUM, Md., July 31 /PRNewswire/ -- I4 Commerce, the leading provider of payment and marketing technology solutions for multichannel merchants, today announced that US Airways, the fifth largest domestic airline, is offering its customers the ability to fly now and pay later with Bill Me Later®. Part of I4 Commerce's PayCapture system, Bill Me Later offers US Airways customers a fast, convenient and secure way to pay for air travel without providing credit card information. Using Bill Me Later travelers can easily book their vacations now and pay later.

After seeing the successful use of Bill Me Later by America West Airlines, US Airways decided to offer the service after the two airlines merged in September of last year. The airline is offering consumers no payments for 90 days on tickets booked through November 30, 2006.

"Bill Me Later allows US Airways to offer alternative financing programs like no payments for 90 days while giving our customers a payment advantage that may not be available to them with other airlines," said Travis Christ, vice president, sales and marketing for US Airways.

I4 Commerce's PayCapture enables retailers to take back their point-of-sale payment experience to capture lost sales, customer loyalty and maximize profits. Through a single implementation, PayCapture gives merchants access to a suite of technology solutions including Bill Me Later, promotional financing, private label and integrated marketing programs.

"Travel is a rapidly growing segment of the Bill Me Later merchant network and as one of the country's largest airlines, US Airways is a tremendous addition to the group of leading brands that have deployed our technology," said Vince Talbert, vice president of marketing for I4 Commerce.