Freshwater Responds To Santorum's Comments

Flying a broken airplane with a serious fuel problem. Hmm seems unsafe to me, maybe time to call the FAA hotline.

Glad to see you thought of the passengers flying a broken airplane with them on it.

But I would not expect anyless from him.

Let's hope that he "rescued" that plane (poor plane, probably scared out of it's wits by that nasty fuel problem) with a ferry flight, not a revenue flight. I have more faith in dispatch and maint. control than to think otherwise.

Jim

Greeter,
Certainly not a liar. I am of the belief that he crossed a picket line at UAL. If I have been misinformed, then I apologize. But, I stand by my opinion of him. His only interest is what benefits him and the h**l with everyone else.

I now have a new hero.......former Naval Aviator, Marine Aviator, successful commodities trader, military test pilot, commercial airline captain and lets not forget late night television actor!!! :up:

Back on the topic, I am disappointed with the remarks made by Sen Santorum. In my opinion he should have spoken to all parties involved before making a statement. I have always been a Santorum supporter having had the opportunity to meet him when he was fresh into politics. I do have to say that now after reading his statement he has lost my vote!!!!!!! :down:

"This should not be unexpected because ALPA's advisors told the MEC we could expect out of seniority furloughs to help further lower unit costs."

Okay, but then you go on to mention and actully threaten specific individuals, perhaps hoping that they will change their minds based on your threats.

Perhaps the thought of that A-330 has severly clouded your perception of reality. Out of seniority furlough at best would make you similar to a scab and at worst could probably lead to the demise of ALPA, should they endorse or be accepting of such action.

Of course, it is not you saying these things or repeating them ad naseum. It's okay really, we all know you would never endorse such an idea, you are simply mentioning it in the passing.

WMG,

"He has NEVER scabbed or even intended to."

You might want to take another look. He may have escaped being labeled one at UAL, and he may not have done it at U yet, but given the opportunity, I have no doubt that he would be amongst the first to cross. If I was senior to this gentleman, I would be very worried about a "knife" in the back.

It was apropos, because I was just sitting here, wondering what would compel a man to scab. What kind of thought process would lead to such an action. It appears, that we may have seen the coming of the "dark" side over the last few months!

To the Moderators: Threatening behaviour, from what I understand is frowned upon and clearly a threat has been issued from a certain poster, regarding the livelyhood of other members. Perhaps is it time, to send someone to the cornfield.

USA330Pilot says: "we could see people like Mwereplanes, the RC4, and others leave US Airways employment".

The aircraft was flown with a special maintenance ferry permit and was dispatched accordingly. There was a serious fuel transfer problem, two fuel leaks on the ramp, and no US Airways service in ONT.

MLT, you purposely misrepresented information and I fully supported ALPA during the UAL job action as a "570 member".

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Piney,

Seems to me, that you left out friends and fellow employees.

Secondly, if we are to include God, then it must also be remembered, that one should not do unto others..........

USA320Pilot said:
The aircraft was flown with a special maintenance ferry permit and was dispatched accordingly. There was a serious fuel transfer problem, two fuel leaks on the ramp, and no US Airways service in ONT.

MLT, you purposely misrepresented information and I fully supported ALPA during the UAL job action as a "570 member".

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="180811"][/post]​

I am sure you did a fine job keeping Otto the Autopilot company during the long flight back East. I am sure he wasn't offended by your talk of being furloughed out of seniority and all.

"There was a serious fuel transfer problem".

Easy there Yeager, it could not have been that serious, if it was, the a/c would have gone nowhere!

Hubris never looks good!

Dizel8 said:
WMG,

"He has NEVER scabbed or even intended to."

You might want to take another look. He may have escaped being labeled one at UAL, and he may not have done it at U yet, but given the opportunity, I have no doubt that he would be amongst the first to cross. If I was senior to this gentleman, I would be very worried about a "knife" in the back.

You are either a scab or you or not. No if ands or buts. You are not a scab until the rubber hits the road, and you cross. You, on the other hand, are indeed out of line. Maybe YOU should eat some corn, else you provoke me and I get sent out for good cause. Challenge 320, call for his censure, etc..but why not instead act like a real man and not make up stuff. I have a hard enough time keeping my composure around 320's comments...I myself have a few kernals in my teeth...but for gosh sakes....do not lie and make stuff up to suit your cause...at least argue what YOU believe..not what you don't know. Greeter.

mlt said:
Greeter,
Certainly not a liar. I am of the belief that he crossed a picket line at UAL. If I have been misinformed, then I apologize. But, I stand by my opinion of him. His only interest is what benefits him and the h**l with everyone else.
[post="180762"][/post]​

He did not cross a picket line, so technically he is not a scab. However, from his recent posts he certainly talks and thinks like one. There is one overriding personality element in every SCAB I've ever known... They are overwhelmingly self-serving.

At UA, the 570's were originally hired by management as strike breakers. Management fully intended to call on them to fly. The 570's stuck with ALPA, jumped through the company hoops, but pledged not to cross the picket line at the last minute. Management was furious and fired them, but ALPA got them back and they were heros of the cause. The strike ended before any 570's were called on to actually turn a wheel. There is some speculation that several 570's may have known what the plan was for them and intended to cross. But we will never know. As it stands the 570's (those who actually stayed with UA) are held in high regard. As for USA320's intentions, you can make your own call on that one.

USA320Pilot said:
Dear Fellow Pilot:
......Now its two U.S. senators, US Airways management, the ALPA president, ALPA E&FA, ALPA's professional negotiators, ALPA's bankruptcy counsel, ALPA's outside legal counsel, ALPA's legal contract administer, ALPA's financial advisor, all 3 US Airways MEC officers, and the majority of the MEC who all disagree with the RC4...

[post="180530"][/post]​

Since you are mentioning hightly esteemed individuals of influence, please do not forget to include yourself.

Respectrully,
Phoenix

Latest posts