US Airways Named One of 50 Best Companies for Latinas to Work for in the U.S.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-Airways-Named-One-of-50-bw-3896126152.html?x=0&.v=1

The award is from a magazine geared to women. Thus the name Latina Style. If it were greared to men it would be Latino Style.

The reason I point this out is that if you take a look at where US HQ is located and the Latina population it is entirely possible for US to win this award.

The other points to ponder is how many Latiina's are we talking about??? If US has 32,000 system wide we are likely talking maybe 2000 stateside employees.

Also given the recent Immigration Law in AZ and the fallout, the magizine could be pandering in some way.

Let's be happy that somebody found something nice to say

At present, the referenced website makes no mention of USAirways.
It does have a link to the 50 companies. Click on "Latina Style 50" on the left and on the next page click on the "Announcing the ..." link below the cover photo.

Jim

What are things that would make any company good for a Latina to work for vs anyone else? I don't think most employees would give it high marks as a good company to work for.

What are things that would make any company good for a Latina to work for vs anyone else? I don't think most employees would give it high marks as a good company to work for.

Some companies have clear diversity initiatives in place. My company actually has a Diversity Department within our HR department, which seeks not only to promote diversity in the recruiting process, but also to support diversity in the workplace through various programs and events targeted at women and minorities. This can include anything from an Employee Resource Group to setting performance goals for promoting women and minorities, and everything in between.

Let's face it, folks: The guys who run the corner office (and their direct reports) usually hire and promote people "like them." Sometimes they need a gentle reminder that not all employees are.........like them. ;)

I feel sorry for the Latina working population in general if LCC provides them with one of their better opportunities. I can't image how bad the rest of the jobs are that they get offered if LCC is a good one.

Latest posts

Back