Us Airways Negotiations: 12 Angry Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd B said:
:cop:

The next insult will spend the weekend in the cornfield. Please return to the topic at hand.
[post="173483"][/post]​

Todd:

With all due respect you are in the same position as a referee at a hockey game. You are missing the initial foul and penalizing the retaliation.

At 4:55 pm someone posted a message that death threats had been made against certain individuals. No proof was provided to support the statement. I am sure that if you were to seek proof of the statement you would be told "I am sorry, I can't reveal my source" as if the poster was a bone-fide journalist. I would suggest the equally unprovable theory that perhaps someone was looking for an advantage in a debate.

My point is that unless the underlying foul is called, it is unfair to call the subsequent foul.

It was not my intent to cause me a trip to the corn field and I hope you understand that. My point is to point out that I suspect someone is playing fast and loose in what is posted in order to gain some form of advantage.

USA320Pilot said:
A320Driver:

We currently have about 25 ALPA leaders and advisors telling the RC4 they are leading the way for the death of US Airways and the RC4 do not want to hear it.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="173392"][/post]​

When a band of thugs break into your house and your 25 neighbors tell you that it is advisable for you to let the thugs have your two daughters for the greater good of the neighborhood and the rest of your family...

...oh, why bother...

Excellent analogy! But, didn't the neighbors also suggest that you throw in the heirloom silverware as a goodwill gesture?

Wow!

I left my light on and I still have a job. And those pesky (you know, they're killing the airline) RC 4 have managed to bring the company back to the table after giving us their "last, best offer". Amazingly 8 of the 12 (not just 4) supported the whereas that sent us back to talking.

Imagine that! Now where is the credibility of a certain poster and his "they will be the death of us yet" mentality. If anyone listens to this guy after this they should see a doctor.

tic toc tic toc tic toc....................

mr

Mwereplanes:

Throughout yesterday's MEC meeting, as well as every one in the past, the RC4 call for a recess than privately huddle together. These men are not part of a team, but they're dictators who are operating independent of every ALPA official and advisor. Moreover, most these men are "rookies". Maybe you should attend a meeting instead of spouting off inaccurate information.

Bertrand Russell once said, "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt," which accurately describes the MEC.

By the way, how come you will not identify your self to me in a PM? You can spout your misinformation on this website, but you lack the courage to identify yourself.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Can anyone tell me if the restrictions placed on the NC were removed, or are their hands still tied by the RC4?

Mark:

The resolution does not have any restrictions, but the RC4 and NC chairman Doug Mowrey held private conversations throughout yesterday's meeting. In public conversation the RC4 still indicated the DC Plan was off limits, but nobody truly knows because these rogue individuals do not communicate their intentions with anybody except themself.

They're dictators.

In fact in discussion before one of the votes, one of the MEC Reps was pointing out how hard-line negotiating stands have backfired in the past and used LOA 91 as a recent example. The last minute global shopping list of returns/demands was mentioned, which in the end produced no results, as well as the fact that LOA 91 was passed overwhelmingly by the rank-and-file. Moreover, the PIT and PHL Reps wrote letters to their constituents urging LOA 91 be voted down and these bases ratified the agreement.

Interestingly Fred Freshwater stood up and in response the MEC Reps comments and said, "(paraphrased) History as you see it, it is not accurate, and I do not have listen to this B.S (he used expletive). He then left the room. It was a clear demonstration of Freshwater not wanting to hear facts, even though accurate.

Another example of their leadership is that MEC discussion had to be temporarily terminated at one point because the Philadelphia Reps left the room, nobody knew where they went, and it took a while to find them. Commentary from one of ALPA's experts was delayed because of the Philadelphia Rep lack of courtesy.

Bertrand Russell made another good point that relates to the RC4 when he said, "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Respectfully,

USA320pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Mwereplanes:

Throughout yesterday's MEC meeting, as well as every one in the past, the RC4 call for a recess than privately huddle together. These men are not part of a team, but they're dictators who are operating independent of every ALPA official and advisor. Moreover, most these men are "rookies". Maybe you should attend a meeting instead of spouting off inaccurate information.

Bertrand Russell once said, "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt," which accurately describes the MEC.

By the way, how come you will not identify your self to me in a PM? You can spout your misinformation on this website, but you lack the courage to identify yourself.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="173577"][/post]​

Now you are calling them "stupid" again. You are not going to give up. Dictators?
Hardly. You are just so afraid you cannot stand it. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE PHL REPS AND THE PIT REPS! They get it! Greeter.

Fred is a good guy and he has to be months from retirement. Why would he be hardline if he were not representing his constituents?

USA320pilot -

So what you are saying is, there are no formal restrictions on the NC, but the Chairman is pretty much in bed with the RC4? Or will the NC be allowed to go for the best - last - final - whole enchalada offer without the RC4 interfering?

so i take it someone has an agenda here?
could someone be a management spy?
a mole perhaps seeking his own satisfaction??

USA320Pilot said:
Bertrand Russell made another good point that relates to the RC4 when he said, "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Respectfully,

USA320pilot
[post="173584"][/post]​

So which are you, certain of yourself or full of doubts. Based on YOUR posts I would say you fall in the first category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back