US Airways' New Pilot Leader Calls Himself a 'Peacemaker'

Yeah, I know after all those years of ALPA its hard to imagine a union that pushes the will of the majority of its pilots, that certainly can't be a union can it?

Not when the will of the majority is hell bent on crushing the minority.

Not when the will of the majority is hell bent on crushing the minority.
What, exactly, is your problem? As long as established rules are followed, what would you consider more productive, a majority "crushing" a minority or a minority crushing a majority? Which is more democratic? Do you want to invoke the same Federal Government you inveigh against to help you weak sisters? and, I do mean, sisters. and, weak. Pathetically weak.

Last I heard, a majority ruled the group, but, in Arizona, with all the fools and idiots, things might be different.

Reactions: 2 people
RICO - fail, dismissed with prejudice
Addington - fail on merits, injunction issued
Additington appeal, successful on ripeness; no ruling on merits
LOA93 - fail, complete waste of time, money and resources
Status Quo (NC) - fail, permanent injunction
Status Quo (NY) - fail, dismissed with prejudice
DJ (PHX) - failed on MTD and several other procedural issues, not looking good based on Siegel's neutral position on Seniority

There's probably more that I'm not remembering, but the results are the same. USAPA acting on the wishes of the majority fails in spectacular fashion on a regular basis.

Sherlock, would you (all by your little lonesome) suggest the union not follow the will of the majority to form their negotiation positions with the company, but instead get in line with your dictates? I know you are smarter than the rest of us but the rules aren't set up that way. :D

Yes it is.

You don't get to break labor law because the majority wants to.
For all the yacking about law could someone at least cite which law and the presumed action that broke it. And while they are at it could they point out which jobs were stolen and which flights were scabbed.

Reactions: 3 people
What, exactly, is your problem? As long as established rules are followed, what would you consider more productive, a majority "crushing" a minority or a minority crushing a majority? Which is more democratic? Do you want to invoke the same Federal Government you inveigh against to help you weak sisters? and, I do mean, sisters. and, weak. Pathetically weak.

Last I heard, a majority ruled the group, but, in Arizona, with all the fools and idiots, things might be different.

Hey scumbag, the great state of Arizona, along with the other 49 states, thinks you and your majority of usapa buddies are scabs.

Have a great night!

For all the yacking about law could someone at least cite which law and the presumed action that broke it. And while they are at it could they point out which jobs were stolen and which flights were scabbed.

Gladly.

usapa was created to fail its DFR of the pilots it represents. Go read the RLA.

Not just the West pilots, you east moron, but the east pilots as well. The east and West entered into a binding arbitration, usapa inherited the results of that arbitration that its membership entered into. Failure to use the results is a failure of its DFR to all membership.

Now as to which jobs were stolen or scabbed.

I suspect you are working one of them, so the conversation now ends.

For all the yacking about law could someone at least cite which law and the presumed action that broke it.

I know it's a pretty obscure law and you probably never heard of it, but something called the Railway Labor Act...and in contradiction to the TA and agreement between the east and west, ignoring an arbitrated seniority integration award and presenting a seniority proposal that benefits the east by harming the west.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
Hey scumbag, the great state of Arizona, along with the other 49 states, thinks you and your majority of usapa buddies are scabs.

Have a great night!
Great.State.of.Arizona. Oh, my god. You seem to be alone in your "opinion". My friends in Southern Arizona are looking forward to separating from you cretins. One is a SWA pilot who thinks, among others, that the A&W employees belong at the bottom of any list.

Get ready for a huge change, to the negative, in your lifestyle.

Great.State.of.Arizona. Oh, my god. You seem to be alone in your "opinion". My friends in Southern Arizona are looking forward to separating from you cretins. One is a SWA pilot who thinks, among others, that the A&W employees belong at the bottom of any list.

Get ready for a huge change, to the negative, in your lifestyle.

I don't get it clubber?? Yor SW friend is an illegal who wants the southern part of the state to cede to Mexico??

Hey I got an idea...why doesn't he go hire a union busting lawyer like Seeham, and see if he can make that happen??

I give him about the same odds as the east scabs reneging on the Nic.

Gladly.

usapa was created to fail its DFR of the pilots it represents. Go read the RLA.

Not just the West pilots, you east moron, but the east pilots as well. The east and West entered into a binding arbitration, usapa inherited the results of that arbitration that its membership entered into. Failure to use the results is a failure of its DFR to all membership.

Now as to which jobs were stolen or scabbed.

I suspect you are working one of them, so the conversation now ends.
Remember, we east holes are really slow. In addition to being scabs, we are mooorons. Can you please cite the page, paragraph of the law and the action that constitutes an infraction of that law. Many folks talk about "breaking the law" all the time, so it should be really easy for you.

Suspect...? Is that all? You suspect? Do you not consider it a bit reckless to call someone a scab on mere suspicion?

What part of Binding Arbitration do you not get, the Binding part, or the Arbitration part?

Reactions: 6 people
The earlyretiree part.

Answer the question. Did the east agree to binding arbitration, along with the west and the company?

Did the east wuss out after the Nic and form a sham union to try to get out of their agreed arbitration?

Is the east going to lose?

Yep

No matter how many times you try to convince yourself, you know that you are wrong.....make an agreement, live by it, you'd expect that from management, don't be a hypocrite.

Reactions: 6 people
.....make an agreement, live by it, you'd expect that from management, don't be a hypocrite.

Whew!!...."you'd expect that from management"!!???? You were able to actually type that??? Wow! OK Pearly sweetie...full credit where it's due. THAT is the singularly most hilarious joke likely to ever be posted to these boards! Thanks for the near-to-producing-tears laughter! ;) As for "don't be a hypocrite": Am I wrong in recalling that you've claimed yourself as some previously employed, lesser imp of said "management"? ;)

While you might well have a future in stand-up comedy; perhaps your time would be better spent again seeking passage on some clunker KC, in the august "crew" position of an overly awed, little tourist/groupie...and again discussing how "we" were going to refuel aircraft....Who knows?...they might could use a spare chock....

Can't you just feel the Love in this room?

Pretty soon you'll all be roasting marshmallows around a camp fire after dinner at Pinnacle Pete's in Scottsdale!! :lol: :lol: Then who knows? Don't worry Doug will supply the PBR! It's the least he could do which when it comes to Employees & Customers doing the least for them is what he's good at!