Arrive PHX: 8:51 A.M. (Next Day)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
HP 932
Depart PHX 11:30 A.M.
Arrive OGG: 3:20 P.M.

HP 931
Depart OGG: 11:59 P.M.
Arrive PHX: 8:46 A.M. (Next Day)

Kona flights showing HP to Hawaiian Air at HNL or OGG.

This is great news. Perhaps when the loads increase, we will see a second daily flight to Honolulu and Maui so we will not need to take "sleeping beauty" back to Phoenix.

Any chance these ETOPS (E.ngines T.urning O.r P.assengers S.wimming) 757's will get a larger First Class cabin (take out those coach seats in the front and make these 757's 24 seats in F/Class?)

Regardless, great news for Phoneix and America West customers.

Thanks HP!

That would be GREAT!!! Will the flight number change after the merger?

AA191 said:
The flight schedule is now displaying PHX-HNL & PHX-OGG effective 12/16:

HP 920
Depart PHX: 11:30 A.M.
Arrive HNL: 3:24 P.M.

HP 925
Depart HNL: 11:59 P.M.
Arrive PHX: 8:51 A.M. (Next Day)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
HP 932
Depart PHX 11:30 A.M.
Arrive OGG: 3:20 P.M.

HP 931
Depart OGG: 11:59 P.M.
Arrive PHX: 8:46 A.M. (Next Day)

I'm curious about the 8.5 hours layovers in Hawaii. Does this permit the same flight crew to do both legs of the trip without having to stay overnight?

How many seats are in your first class cabin now on the 757? US has only 8 seats. Did US give/trade/sell (whatever) some 757s to HP?

rvolkcpa said:
I'm curious about the 8.5 hours layovers in Hawaii. Does this permit the same flight crew to do both legs of the trip without having to stay overnight?

No. That's still 13 hours (block time) in a 24 hour period, assuming ideal operations.

What is the significance of both flights leaving at 11:59PM? Is there a reason they have to leave before midnight? Isn't having both flights leave and arrive at the same time an inefficient use of staff? Why not stagger the flights so one group of employees can work both?

TWA Guy said:
Why not stagger the flights so one group of employees can work both?
[post="281235"][/post]​

Don't you think it would be kind of hard to have one group work from Maui and HNL at the same time?????????

AA191 said:
14 seats on the 757's in F Class.
[post="281141"][/post]​
We like having more first class seats==they're almost always full. Because we make money personally for selling them--even 30 hours prior to departure.
And while I'm at it==this actually needs to be said on the post about benefits. We as employees don't pay anything for first class==we use flexi's. Also when we go international we only pay the taxes.

And if you work in the res office in Reno you guys do a great job on the Elite line. Many thanks.

AA191 said:
And if you work in the res office in Reno you guys do a great job on the Elite line. Many thanks.
[post="281475"][/post]​
In Reno we all take the elite calls. But thank you very much. We think we have the greatest bunch of people in reno. Friendly and helpful all the time. That makes for better sales and more of them. That's why we "soar". Tell us next time you call if you post on here. Some of us know of this page.

xoxo said:
Well, U has 767's...so, maybe after the merger they will use those.
[post="281101"][/post]​

Hopefully there will be east coast flights added to Hawaii, such as CLT/PHL to the islands. The 757's out od PHX and the 767 from CLT or PHL, since it is a longer flight. That way, after merger, either coastlines could work these flights. I don't know what all the fuss has been about who flies these destinations. Let me tell you, if Hawaii is like any other popular island destination (God knows we go to about 25 of them at U), you ain't missing out on much. Everyone's a first timer and feel they should be in FC and every couple is on their honeymoon and feel they should be in FC or are at least entitled to something free. If that sounds fun to you, have at it. :p ;)

Didn't you get the memo?!?!? It's "ALL ABOUT ME!!!"

Gezzz .., some people, just don't get it!!!!

Yeah and like we are going to GIVE anything FREE away!!

When all those pax's want to came back to THE REAL WORLD you let me know.

They are not going to take out seats are you kidding me, if they could, they would find a way to strap them down to bins and anything else stable to get more people on the plane, I have a feelimg the layovers for the crew are going to be short, I'm not hopping in line to get a trip there anytime soon, I wait for the "NEW RIDE SMELL" to die down then I'll go..